Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My rant !!

Luba
August 10th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Is it just me or is it the season to dump your pet??

There's been so many of them lately, and quite honestly it is so depressing.

You try to help one, turn around there's ten more waiting. They expect you to 'fix' their problem and yet with a smile while they lie to you and don't want to accept ANY form of responsibility. Is it the summer? Is it the novelty wore off? Is it the fact they don't want to be bothered?

I can't believe people aren't seizing the opportunity to enjoy their pets OR NOT get them at all!!

I'm so fed up with impulse buyers. If you want to buy something or adopt something on impulse do it with a new coat, a box of laura secord chocolates, a new car even NOT with a life!!

:mad:

glasslass
August 10th, 2004, 10:27 PM
It's heartbreaking! What also breaks my heart are the number of tiny puppies and kittens who beat the odds by getting a good home, only to come down with parvo or distemper because they weren't protected. And the heartbreak of those who try to save them. And all this misery is the fault of irresponsible people! :mad:

melanie
August 11th, 2004, 12:46 AM
actually luba, i think you know what is truly going on. yes it has been 8mths since christmas and all those cuty pie presents have grown a bit and are now a real handful and annoying. just like a buzz light year toy, a dog or cat also has a wrapper that fades in this new disposable society of ours. and they are getting dumped :mad:

chico2
August 11th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Luba,people are made of different stuff,some cannot imagine how you can feel so strongly,the"it's ONLY an animal"comments are all too familiar.
People who profess to love their animal to death and come up with the lame excuse,they don't believe in altering their dog/cat,should read:I don't spend money on an animal!!!! Dumping the dog/cat comes easy to them,they do not care if the animal dies of a broken heart in a cage,waiting for their owner to pick them up....some people are truly the cruellest animal on earth :mad:

Lucky Rescue
August 11th, 2004, 11:07 AM
"Ditto" to everything they said! :mad:

mastifflover
August 11th, 2004, 11:29 AM
I agree with all of you and am so sick of people thinking animals are disposable. They are a lifelong commitment who will give back 100 times the love they recieve. I guess some people feel that they themselves are unlovable and that is why they give up a pet that only wants to love and please them. Poor souls.

The more people I meet the more I like my dog.