Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

RIP dear pool ....

Frenchy
May 19th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Yep , finally did it , I killed my pool tonight. I'm emptying it as we speak and I will take "her" down this week end and put "her" up for adoption , free to a good recycling metal home :laughing:

I was having too much problems with "her" , was spending more time to maintain "her" then I was enjoying "her" ..... I may build an outdoor fireplace instead. :thumbs up

so ..... more free time for me and more yard for the doggies :thumbs up

:rip: pool , we had some fun ... kinda :cool:

TacoGrl
May 19th, 2009, 08:24 PM
You should put in an inground pool...the liner lasts at least 10 years...and you can get a pool boy to take care of the rest ;)

Dee-O-Gee
May 19th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Aw poor little pool. :sad:

I'm sure she will find her forever "free" home and may you find comfort near the warmth of an outdoor fireplace. :D

diandpat
May 19th, 2009, 08:29 PM
if you miss it too much you can buy one of those blow up cheapy ones. I have a friend with one like that and it has lasted for years.

It is a lot of work once things start to not work :sad:

hazelrunpack
May 19th, 2009, 10:08 PM
:rip: pool

It's for the best...she's now flowing free under the Bridge...no more leaks, corrosion or chlorine to ruin her finish :o

:D

Outdoor fireplace as in big-@$$ outdoor barbeque? So you'll host a huge bbq party when it's finished, right? Partay at Frenchy's!! :highfive: :p

Frenchy
May 20th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I started as soon as I got home from work. Almost done , have to wait for the remaining water to go underground , I had to rip off the drain and lining to get rid of water remaining.. everything else has been tore down. All is left to do is take off the lining and frame , which will be easy because I tore everything apart .... manually as I don't have power tool :headslap:

Frenchy
May 20th, 2009, 07:40 PM
You should put in an inground pool...

I spoke to my accountant about that and he said ..... this = :laughing: :rolleyes:

can I still get pool guy though ? :pray:

may you find comfort near the warmth of an outdoor fireplace. :D

marshmellows :cloud9:

if you miss it too much you can always come to my place and try the spa

:D that's a great idea ! :lightbulb:

:p but yes , a friend of mine has the cheap small one and he really likes it , I may get one.

Frenchy
May 20th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Outdoor fireplace as in big-@$$ outdoor barbeque? So you'll host a huge bbq party when it's finished, right? Partay at Frenchy's!! :highfive: :p

ummm with the amount of meat I eat .... poor BBQ will only collect dust :o would the pack like some marshmellows though ? :lovestruck:

14+kitties
May 20th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Funny, I have never felt the need to immerse myself under a ton of water. Maybe because I sink a lot faster than I swim??? :rolleyes:

:rip: poor pool Frenchy will miss you on those long, hot summer days. :candle:

chico2
May 21st, 2009, 01:39 PM
Aww Frenchy that's too bad,you'll miss it,unless we get a cold summer..
14+I am a real water-person,whether it's the Ocean or just a backyard pool,always have been.
If it was not for the pool,I'd stay inside in the a/c house and waste the whole summer away.Boy,it's HOT today!!

diandpat
May 21st, 2009, 01:42 PM
" Originally Posted by diandpat
if you miss it too much you can always come to my place and try the spa "

Is it everybody or just Frenchy who is having trouble with the "quote" option :laughing::laughing::laughing:

You and the menagerie are welcome to come for a spa any time you like!!!!

14+kitties
May 21st, 2009, 06:24 PM
Aww Frenchy that's too bad,you'll miss it,unless we get a cold summer..
14+I am a real water-person,whether it's the Ocean or just a backyard pool,always have been.
If it was not for the pool,I'd stay inside in the a/c house and waste the whole summer away.Boy,it's HOT today!!

chico - I know you are a water baby. Unfortunately after watching a group of bullies put my brother up on the side of a bridge when he was five and I was six and threatening to drop him over the side I developed a very very high fear of water. If it's over my waist I can't breathe. I love dipping my toes on a hot day. I just can't bring myself to actually get in the water. I can't even handle water pouring over my face in a shower. Pretty bad, huh?

chico2
May 22nd, 2009, 07:32 AM
14+,my sons(in Alberta)girlfriend is the same,won't even take a bath,only showers.
I don't go in to lake-water,where there is sea-weed,that really creeps me out.

Frenchy
May 22nd, 2009, 09:12 PM
All done ! All by myself :crazy: all that's left is the pump (thing full of sand)

I must say , it looks easier than it is !! A friend was suppose to come and help me tomorrow , but I didn't want to wait. I called him once I was done , to tell him I didn't need him :D

pics tomorrow :)

hazelrunpack
May 22nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
So now that you have a circular, cleared area in the yard, are you gonna put in a garden? :D Dogs love raiding gardens, y'know... :o Just ask the Pack! :laughing:

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2009, 08:57 PM
So now that you have a circular, cleared area in the yard, are you gonna put in a garden? :D Dogs love raiding gardens, y'know... :o Just ask the Pack! :laughing:

LOL no garden , no plants !!! LP came to get the ones I was about to put down :laughing: everything is done now , and I did it all by myself. I must say , I'm proud of myself :D here are the pics :

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2009, 09:00 PM
later today .....

1. the "fireplace"
2. omg , there's a perfect spot for wine glass !!! :D
3. ahhhhhhhhh I LOVE IT !!!!

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
Bailey and Nelly were not impressed !!!! (Chloe was sleeping inside)

14+kitties
May 23rd, 2009, 09:23 PM
Nice firepit!! :thumbs up And beautiful Hostas around the perimeter. It will be nice on a cool summer night to sit out there with your wine and the pups. Wish I was closer. I would visit. :D
Sweet Bailey. Is he going to miss the dips in the pool do you think? Nelly....... she is so beautiful!

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2009, 09:37 PM
Nice firepit!! :thumbs up And beautiful Hostas around the perimeter. It will be nice on a cool summer night to sit out there with your wine and the pups. Wish I was closer. I would visit. :D
Sweet Bailey. Is he going to miss the dips in the pool do you think? Nelly....... she is so beautiful!

The hostas were rescued and adopted by LP today :laughing: I really don't care for plants or flowers :shrug: the dogs never went into the pool (not mine anyways , some visitor dogs tried it though) I bought them a kiddie pool a couple summers ago and they never went in that one either :shrug:

All I need to do now is to level everything and put some grass all around the fire pit , I don't want to leave it this way , will be too messy for the dogs .... now I have to get more wood :D

I don't know why I didn't do this earlier , this is soooo relaxing for me , it's the only time I can sit down and relax , I can't even take baths because after 5 minutes , I feel like I'm wasting my time :laughing:but sit down in front of a fire .... I only came back in because I ran out of wood :laughing:

hazelrunpack
May 23rd, 2009, 09:54 PM
I love the shot of Nelly patrolling the perimeter. :D Where's my pool, Mom!!?

You need to lay a bit of the stone around the outside of your beautiful new fire pit, just to keep the grass and weeds from growing up around it and catching fire. :thumbs up And, as long as you're at it, make a little patio to put your chair on! Eventually you can add the arbor, a larger patio, the wet bar and the outdoor stereo system to pipe in music and then we can all invite ourselves over for a big-@$$ marshmallow roasting party! :p

Works for hazel! :laughing:

Frenchy
May 24th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I love the shot of Nelly patrolling the perimeter. :D Where's my pool, Mom!!?

You need to lay a bit of the stone around the outside of your beautiful new fire pit, just to keep the grass and weeds from growing up around it and catching fire. :thumbs up And, as long as you're at it, make a little patio to put your chair on! Eventually you can add the arbor, a larger patio, the wet bar and the outdoor stereo system to pipe in music and then we can all invite ourselves over for a big-@$$ marshmallow roasting party! :p

Works for hazel! :laughing:

:laughing: I always loved the way you think Hazel :laughing: so for right now , I can only get one thing off your list and that is ; marshmellows :thumbs up :laughing:

Nelly inspected it this morning too , so much that I thought there was something in there , a dead bird or else , but no , nothing. :shrug:

hazelrunpack
May 24th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Maybe she's like madame hazel...she knows something is missing...just can't remember what! :p

If you can get marshmallows, I can get some roasting sticks :thumbs up :D

Luvmypitgirls
May 27th, 2009, 12:59 AM
You should put in an inground pool...the liner lasts at least 10 years...and you can get a pool boy to take care of the rest ;)

Ahhh yes a "pool boy"....forget the pool just get a pool boy....:eek: oops ..:o sometimes my mind...I swear....:o