Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am suing pets.ca

Cactus Flower
August 10th, 2004, 08:20 PM
If people can sue cigarette companies for causing their smoking addiction, I am suing pets.ca

I was so innocent when I stumbled upon this website. I mean, I was just looking for some information about Great Danes. Was that so wrong?
After reading a hundred interesting posts, I began to feel a sort of cyber-peer-pressure. After all, everyone else was signed up,... why wasn't I?
The site made it all seem so easy. I just filled in a few boxes of personal information and *POOF*- I was a member. I posted an awkard greeting and a few pictures of my pets. I thought that was the thing to do. How was I to know that this innocent little post was going to lead me into addiction?
Soon, the greeting wasn't enough. I needed something stronger, more immediate. I needed to do more than just say hello. People started responding to my greeting and I couldn't fight the urge to respond back to them, and then they responded back to me, and then I responded back to them.............and before I knew it, I was a full-blown pets.ca junkie.
My life just isn't the same anymore. It has taken over my mornings. Mornings used to be about a cuppa coffee and checking email, and that is all. Now it's three cups of coffee and straight to pets.ca. I'm so ashamed.
If I had spare time in the evening, I used to sit down and unwind to a few mindless games of solitaire while listening to old time radio. But no longer. Now it's pets.ca for hours, keeping the radio off- so as not to distract me from the posts. During my daily errands, my mind trails off to so-and-so's pet who is having a problem with fleas, and so-and-so's new rescue who is crapping on the bed, and so-and-so who won't take that poor little such-and-such to the vet.....
I'm a pets.ca-aholic.
I'm out of control. I need help.

And a good lawyer.

Sorry- gotta go- there are new posts!!!!!

Writing4Fun
August 10th, 2004, 08:30 PM
LMFAO!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Can we make this a class-action suit?! :p

Luba
August 10th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Uhm Marko you best get a good lawyer this one means business..Yeah sure she's Canadian born but lives in the U.S now and maybe that stereotype is true. Do they all sue one another in the states?

:eek:

dmc123
August 10th, 2004, 08:57 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL and LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL again! my sentiments exactly, except I came on here to learn or help with how to bandage a cat's neck......LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sneaky2006
August 10th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Haha! I know exactly how you feel!!
I signed up for help with one of my cats, and the problem is long over. Do ya think I stopped coming here?
When you have such awesome ppl to share your pet memories/problems with it's very hard to just pass others by along the way, and then you're hooked!
I am addicted as well, I just can't stop. And I have to admit that I tried, I really did. :p

glasslass
August 10th, 2004, 11:07 PM
No 12-step program for me! This is an addiction I don't want to end. Would I have to give up the highs? I could do with less lows, believe me. But then, another pup survives, another little soul finds a loving, forever home. Maybe, something I have experienced will help another little critter, or . . what if that happens to Den-Den or Puss-Puss? I need to know more! What would I know to do? I don't want to miss anything! OMG! Look at that sweet little face! So cute! Where's my photo of Den-Den doing that? I'm so high!!!! Oh No! How could they? Look at that appealing, pleading face! Somebody, love him! Somebody?! They lost their dog? Somebody please? Oh!!! What a sweetie! Cranberry? LOL!!! These guys are so dedicated! They know so much! They've seen too much! Do I want to know that?

Cinnabear
August 11th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Sign me up for the class action. :D It's so much fun here. Most of us can relate to alot of experiences of our pets. Excellent site.

moontamara
August 11th, 2004, 01:38 AM
TELL me about it! I've been trying to quit Pet.ca for weeks now, and I can't! Do they have a patch for this kind of thing?

Babs
August 11th, 2004, 02:02 AM
I am so happy to have found this forum. You guys are all the greatest.

OMG... 43 posts already and I only signed up a few days ago...

chico2
August 11th, 2004, 06:37 AM
I too came on with a question,my Rocky(Tabby cat) had attacked me,bad enough to go to Emergency.Everyone I know told me to have him PTS...
Of course I already knew,I would never do that,I love this cat and needed to find the reason for his behaviour.
Lucky to the rescue :D and that's it!!!!
Pets.ca,is now part of my schedule,I've cried rivers over sad stories,felt incredibly elated over happy endings,been furious at callous ignorant people...
I at one point was beginning to doubt my sanity,when the story of the torture and killing of Kensington the cat hit the news,I could not eat or sleep,had nighmares and cried when I heard the verdict these killers got...
But I know now,there are plenty of people out there who feel just the same way I do...thank's to all the wonderful people here :p

marko
August 11th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Oh this post is too cute.
And if you guys are addicts does that make me a pusher? ;) My mother would be so proud. :eek:

If you do sue Pets.ca just make sure the lawyers are pet lovers and send them to the site for a free pet webpage....or maybe just to read 1 or 2 little bulletin board threads..... :D

So happy you're all here - and addicted.

All the best!!!!

Marko (Admin)

Goldenmom
August 11th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Awesome Cactus Flower! Thanks for the laugh!

Heather

sammiec
August 11th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Hi. My name is Sam, and I'm a pets.ca addict.

I can't wait to get out of bed in the morning and get over to the computer - sometimes I even turn it on before I have a chance to get in the shower. I leave the browser window open for "easy access" when I have to step away from the computer...I reload the page over and over in hopes of a new post..I lurked for a couple of days, made a pet webpage for Briggs and them bam, as soon as I signed up... GONE CRAZY!! It's been 3 months now and I'm up to 800 POSTS!! I can't get enough. I toss and turn at night wondering what has happened while I'm away!! Please, HELP!!!

I have posted more pictures of my dog and cat then I can count. I have sent smushy hugs and kisses to more strangers then to people that I see on a regular basis! :D

Goldenmom
August 11th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Maybe we can make up a 12 step program for all our Pets.ca addicts?

"Pets.ca addicts anonymous"

heidiho
August 11th, 2004, 09:52 AM
I done even have my dog anymore and i cant stop coming here...

HuaHua
August 11th, 2004, 10:26 AM
guess not :D :D :D

Cactus Flower
August 11th, 2004, 10:45 AM
LOL Great responses!!!!!!!!!

GlassLass I can SO relate to your reply. You pretty much summed up a visit to the site. Good job!

Marko- yes, that makes you a pusher. But please please don't cut us off.....need a fix....need a fix reaaaaaal bad......LOL

Sammiec- your intro cracked me up! And yes, I can relate to reloading, waiting for responses....

Babs- Welcome welcome welcome! This is the best buncha addicts around!

Moontamara- a patch? Good idea! I think the only "cure" so far is getting rid of your own computer and access to all others. Not a good idea. You might go into shock. I don't recommend it.

HuaHua- Home remedy Haahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Heidiho, Luba, Writing4fun, Goldenmom, Chico2, Cinnabear, Sneaky, dmc123....

I guess it could be a class action suit, if we could get our posteriors out from in front our keyboards......not gonna happen huh.....lol
Thanks again everyone for your commments and all the giggles they caused.
You know I almost hesitated to post that thread, thinking maybe Marko might want it pulled because of the title, wouldn't want people seeing it and taking it seriously without reading the thread. I'm glad I did, and glad he took it as well as he did.

This really is a wonderful place!

And hey, there are worse habits, aren't there?

Lucky Rescue
August 11th, 2004, 11:00 AM
ROFLMAO!!!!! :p

Catt31
August 11th, 2004, 01:25 PM
OMG...too funny!!!

Hi, my name is Chris and I'm an addict!!!

Anyways, the sign of a true addict...ready??
My computer died on Saturday, last week - it is in for repairs until probably next Mon. I am going through some SEVERE withdrawals. I had to go to the public LIBRARY to use their computers!! LMAO I haven't even checked my EMAIL yet, I came straight in here...........Now how is that for ADDICTION??? LOL

I will hopefully be back online next week and will have to catch up on all the posts I didn't get to today!!! BAHHH!!! See ya guys soon - don't worry, I didn't forget about you all!!!! :D

melanie
August 11th, 2004, 05:07 PM
i too am addicted, but now i have a support group i dont feel so bad, oh i was also begining to doubt my sanity :D oh sammiec, i thought i was bad for doing that, lol, i always turn the computer on on my way to the shower, again just for easy access.
it has been over a year since i joined and yet i still cant get away, i never give such good attendace at the gym. what gets me, is at the moment my life is so hectic i need a holiday from myself, and yet i still manage to spend at least 10 mins here a day, i cant help it, if i have to serve the hubby tin soup for dinner cause of my addiction, so be it. i get no sleep, work and run around like a blue assed fly :D and yet i must come here, it makes me feel good just to have a chat about something i love so much, animals. and i feel it brings me closer to my little baby.
so i dont want to sue for big cash, just a lap top with wireless connections so i can get on anywhere even out in the paddock at work, ahhhh :D :p

Luba
August 11th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Look if anyone has an addiction problem (it's not me) uhm you just need to look at how many posts they have (except mine)

I can walk away from this place anytime I want to, all I have to do is just hit the 'x' right!! :confused:

Ugh but you know, I bet Pfizer makes a drug for this too...though the side effects are probably worse then the addiction....rotflmao

Iggette
August 11th, 2004, 08:33 PM
I come here as soon as I can and enjoy every minute DITTO to all that has been said

Luba
August 11th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Love It!!!!

bohemian
August 17th, 2004, 08:52 AM
I know exactly what you mean!

I went out of town for a few days...had no computer and couldn't connect to the BB.

I swear to you I got the "shakes"

Bohemian

Lady_Eleven
August 17th, 2004, 09:31 AM
I just showed up here last night and I haven't even posted my question yet, but rather have been answering posts (I think I now have a compulsion about the dog food issue, and only over one night! lol)

krdahmer
August 19th, 2004, 01:13 AM
Hi my name is Kelly and I've been addicted to Pets.ca for several weeks now...... :p

This place is great! I was just thrilled to find all you pet owners who are just as nutty as I am! Now I have people to share my kitty pics with who won't be wondering why the hell I waste all that film!!!!

BRAVO!

iRONKNiGHT
August 19th, 2004, 02:17 AM
I've been addicted to Pets.ca for a long time.. but just decided to become a memeber on the forum..

krdahmer...Kelly i'd love to see your cat pic's :) have you seen my baby?
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=6503

krdahmer
August 19th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Oh yes...that Trixy is a looker!!! And I have a question, did you get here from a breeder?