Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sigh....

Shaykeija
May 16th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Got another Baby coming into intake very soon....pure bred shih tzu that needs a good home. About 7 years young and I know the breeder.(Tyra's and Sophie's breeder) This dog was surrendered to the pound stating seizures. She has been observed for a month and nothing. Healthy and very well padded...she needs to lose weight and needs to be loved.... Sigh...

MommaKat
May 20th, 2009, 11:03 AM
:grouphug: Shaykeija . I'll give :goodvibes: for this poor baby. Shih tzus are a wonderful breed, Hopefully someone will fall in love with her soon :fingerscr .

Love4himies
May 20th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Awwww :grouphug:, do you foster for the breeder?

ancientgirl
May 20th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Poor little one. That's terrible to have been given up for what sounds to be just a lame excuse.

I hope you can find her a loving family.

Shaykeija
May 20th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Awwww :grouphug:, do you foster for the breeder?

Nope the breeder also has a no kill pound. This is where the baby is. She was surrendered and they realized it was one their dogs they sold 7 years ago. They want me to pull her and get her into a new home. Am working on it...Sigh..everyone wants puppies....Sigh...and I run Shayker's Haven Rescue..so they surrender a lot of them to me from the pound...

SnowDancer
May 21st, 2009, 08:47 AM
Wouldn't the vet's records indicate if the poor pup had actually had seizures (I know some people find out what types of health problems certain breeds suffer and then use them as an excuse.) Of course this would mean that the people took the pup to the vet. Hope you are able to find a home - but vet records would sure help if in case there were seizures so you could advise potential adoptees. 7 years though seems kind of strange - if my dog had suffered seizures for 7 years well then another 7 wouldn't matter - he wouldn't be going anywhere.

Shaykeija
May 21st, 2009, 09:13 AM
No history of seizures for the dog. Even the blood line shows none. Just dumb people who wanted to dump a dog. She is really fat and the owner named her Piglet. First thing I am going to do is change her name. Then a good diet.,