Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

First Post + Hello!

EndOfFashion
May 14th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been visiting these forums for a while and could spend hours reading peoples' threads. Thought it was about time I registered and started some topics of my own :D

I just graduated from university and am living in Toronto (well technically Etobicoke). I have two dogs and a cat, all rescues in one way or another :)

The first one is Autumn, my Sibe. She is 9 years old and my family has had her since she was about 1 year old. She was adopted from a foster home north of the city.

Then my boyfriend and I got Charlie, our DSH cat, from the THS. He was 3 when we got him and quite overweight (obese, truthfully), but the most affectionate cat I've ever met. We don't know his birth date but his one year adoption anniversary is coming up this month so he will be "officially" 4 years old.

Finally, there's Milo, our little Pugsicle. He's nearly 11 months old and was originally a pet store puppy :sad: We "inherited" him from a friend of my boyfriend's who bought him at a "discount" (because he was already 5 months old) and was not responsible enough to put the effort into his training & vetting.

Anyway, that's about it! Stop by and say hello, otherwise I am setting out to start my first real thread. Oh and I'm going to try to add photos of my clan to this post...hope this works :fingerscr

diandpat
May 14th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Welcome to the Board...you will be very popular-No one had to ask for pictures LOL Your crew is gorgeous. I am partial to Sibe and yours is a beauty and I just want to rub the kitty's belly. As for the pug...is his name "Trouble" 'cause he looks like it!!! They are so feisty.

Hope you enjoy your stay!!!

EndOfFashion
May 14th, 2009, 03:15 PM
HAHA, I like to do my research and since I wasn't sure what to write, I checked out some other "first posts". And you guys ALWAYS asked for pictures, so I figured I would save you the trouble and post some immediately!

Ah the cat's belly...he's like a little Buddha, I swear. The shelter had named him Gigantor because he was 25 lbs when he came in! He's down to 20 but it's been a long, hard road and we're having him tested for hypothyroidism this weekend.

As for Milo...HAHA you are so right! That photo was taken at my mother's house, where he isn't allowed on the couches. But I caught him there, trying to sniff the orchid I bought her for mother's day, LOL

CarolynInPEI
May 14th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Welcome to the board!!!!

All of your furbabies are so cute!!!

I love pugs and yours looks like a cutie!!!!:thumbs up

BrownEyedGirl
May 14th, 2009, 04:18 PM
What a lovely family you have!

Mat&Murph
May 14th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Hey and welcome!!!! Awsome firstpost!!!Great pics of your furbabies!!! They all look great!!

EndOfFashion
May 14th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone :)

chico2
May 14th, 2009, 05:05 PM
EoF,I already shortened your name so,that's your official welcome:laughing:
Love your Sibe and the chubby kitty,I have one of those too,pugs,well,what can I say,they are just funny little dogs,WELCOME!

hazelrunpack
May 14th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Great fur family, EndOfFashion! Welcome to the board! :D

Romeo's #1 Fan
May 15th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Hi and welcome - if you're anything like me you'll blame this board every night it keeps you up late (case in point I'm here when I should have been long sleeping considering my puppy and two cats are snoring lol). Beautiful pets!!! Your pug appears to be saying "what's a couch and why shouldn't I be on it?" :lovestruck: I will forgive you for living in Leafland - I come from the land of the Senators. :laughing: Enjoy :)

Linda

vel
May 15th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Thought I'd say hello....I loved the pics, Siberian is lovely, the black and white fur ball looks just like my Teeno who I lost last year...almost brought a tear to my eye...and the "pugsly" is soooo cute....they have such personalities....this is a great website with so much info..and the pictures are fun to look at...V:)

Miss Moe
May 17th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Welcome. Autumn is beautiful! :lovestruck: She sure doesn't look her age and i just wanna rub the belly of Charlie!

Melinda
May 17th, 2009, 08:35 AM
welcome to the forum, what a beautiful family you have!! and all rescue's, you've really found a place here!

Tundra_Queen
May 23rd, 2009, 07:13 PM
Hi, Welcome to the forum!! Is Sibe short for Siberian husky? I love the pics of your fur kids,,,,,too cute! I had a pek/pug and he was always into something. LOL I was born and raised in Etobicoke my first 27 years until I moved up to Northern Ontario.

Debbie

EndOfFashion
May 24th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Romeo - if you're a Sens fan, then you are my sworn enemy!! LOL! Actually one of my best friends just graduated from Carleton Uni, and she really fell in love with Ottawa...sadly, I've never been!

Miss Moe - I know, Autumn doesn't look a day over 5! She's so healthy, we've been really lucky :)

TQ - yes, Sibe is short for Siberian Husky! (I might be the only one who uses that term though :laughing:) Etobicoke is great - I don't know if you've been down here since you moved, but the area is really improving all the time!

14+kitties
May 24th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Welcome EndofFashion. I know you've made your way around the site already. Nice to see new members. Doesn't matter who they root for. :)
Sibe is a pretty common name for SH no matter where you live.

Tundra_Queen
May 28th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Hi
Yes, I've been back. I grew up in Alderwood, around Sherway Gardens. Things have really changed where I grew up. It's a lot more populated now and busy busy. I don't think I could cope living in the city after being up north for so long. We move a lot slower in Northern Ontario, took me 10 years to get use to the speed, now I like it. :laughing: Though I do miss the shopping and not everyone knowing my business. :laughing:

Debbie