Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another question about my cat

BrownEyedGirl
May 14th, 2009, 12:32 PM
DS or I will be sitting there completely minding our own business, when Izzy will come and jump on the couch or whever we are sitting and then she will bit our feet or ankles. What's up w/this and what does this mean? (remember I'm a new cat owner and this has us totally stumped as to what she means by this). Currently we are picking her up and placing her on the floor and saying NO. Any advice or suggestions here?

Jim Hall
May 14th, 2009, 12:36 PM
ahh she wants to play get some string or yarn orplay pounce the paper under a cover

luckypenny
May 14th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Sounds like she's simply stalking your feet...has she got some interesting toys you can redirect her to? Do you play with her?

Love4himies
May 14th, 2009, 01:06 PM
She wants to play with you.

BrownEyedGirl
May 14th, 2009, 03:45 PM
We play w/her a lot but we are getting used to kitty hints. Thanks all!

catlover2
May 15th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Does she have toys? stuffed mouse, foil/paper balls. Sounds like she's bored. Change her toys around from time to time to diff ones. Get some catnip and rub on stuffed toys. A cardboard box and pingpong ball, a twist tie, toilet paper tube, paper grocery bag---lots of things cats find of interest.

14+kitties
May 15th, 2009, 10:48 PM
One of my guys favourite games to play is when I get a long shoelace or piece of string and trail it behind me. They all love pouncing on it to see which one gets it away from me first. Laser lights are wonderful. Just don't shine the light directly in her eyes. Can cause major issues. Even better - a playmate in the form of another kitty her age would be awesome! :thumbs up
Word of caution - twist ties, if you decide to use them as a playtoy please make sure they are not the ones with wire inside. It is too easy for kitty to tear them apart and expose the wire. Nor something I would choose for a toy.