Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

update

jessi76
May 14th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Hi everyone (and new ppl)! it's been a while. Sorry I haven't been on the forum in quite some time... managing a full time job, a toddler, 3 pets, and a household is quite time consuming. But I thought I'd pop in to give a quick update and poke around to see how you all have been...

some members may remember....

Owen, my boy, now 20mths old. a typical 20mth old, into EVERYTHING. and our dog, Tucker, is his BFF.

Tucker, is doing well. he's 4 yrs old now, still a good 60lbs. he's earned his freedom in the yard, and will stay with us, MOST of the time. He had a "slip up" the other night, and briefly terrorized a neighbor and a new pup, but has apologized profusely... I had to remind him that is NOT how canine good citizens act.

our cats, Nala (tabby) and Lulu (calico) are doing well. Lulu is a giant beast, as she's always been. She proceeds to yell at me everyday for not letting her have more outside time. She also likes to sing along to Madelaine Peyroux albums... odd kitty.

Nala, our older tabby, is doing better. She gave us quite a scare not to long ago. I came home from work and she did not greet me as usual. She crept slowly towards the kitchen, with a very SICK look on her face. she was thin, and very tired. I thought we were going to lose her. I figured I'd give it 12hrs to see signs of improvement, and if not, off to the vet. so I offered her more canned food the next day, and she scoffed it up.... so she got more... and low and behold, a few days later she was a new kitty. My conclusion was it was the dry food my fiance had gotten them. it did NOT sit well with her. she's made a full recovery, and is happily enjoying her senior years on high quality wet food now. she has a new lease on life, and is VERY active.

not much else going on... well, our neighbors cow got loose last weekend, came over into our yard to eat the grass & dandelions (which is FINE by me!) and I actually got to witness a cow doing zoomies. by far, the funniest thing I've ever seen. Soooo sad I did not get it on film! I had my toddler in my arms in the house watching the neighbors trying to round up the cow, and trying to keep Tucker from going THROUGH the window to get it. lol.

Some pics attached...

Jim Hall
May 14th, 2009, 09:44 AM
wellthanks fpr the update glad all is well the pic of owen and tucker coud be a rockwell painting

Melinda
May 14th, 2009, 11:00 AM
oh what a beautiful boy!!!!!!! ok, did you order his hair to match the pups? I love the picture of the two of them looking out the door....

cpietra16
May 14th, 2009, 11:40 AM
oh what a beautiful boy!!!!!!! ok, did you order his hair to match the pups? I love the picture of the two of them looking out the door....

I noticed that too.....they are both red heads:D

phoozles
May 14th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Beautiful pics! Got any kitty ones on you? :cool:

Ford Girl
May 14th, 2009, 01:26 PM
omg jessie, super cute! owens so big!!!

Brandykins
May 14th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Lovely pics, especially like the 2nd one - a lovely wee toddler you have, gorgeous hair colour!!

hazelrunpack
May 14th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Owen has gotten so big!!!! Tucker is looking great, as well! They really do look like best buds :cloud9:

I really do wish you'd gotten the cow zoomies on film, though! :D

rainbow
May 15th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Hey jessi .....good to "hear" from you and glad to hear everything is going well in your busy world. :thumbs up

The last pic of Owen is soooo cute. :lovestruck:

And, I love the pic of him and Tucker looking out the door. :cloud9:

luckypenny
May 16th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Owen and Tucker :cloud9: :lovestruck: :goodvibes:.

Great to hear some news from you Jessi76 and that all's going well :thumbs up.

TeriM
May 20th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Nice to hear from you Jessi76 :). Love that pic of Tucker and his best buddy :lovestruck:.

BeagleMum
May 20th, 2009, 07:55 AM
OMG, your little guy is adorable!!! I love his hair!!! And for some reason, I thought Tucker was so much smaller, more like Spencer's sixe at around 30 lbs or so. Man was I far off!!

growler~GateKeeper
May 20th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Good to hear everything is going well :thumbs up

Owen (what a handsome little man w/his red hair & big blue eyes :D) & Tucker are just adorable together :cloud9: