Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Proud of my Purebred Mutt

Etown_Chick
May 12th, 2009, 10:40 PM
OOooOOOo people make me crazy! I go to a smallish dog park - it's very open so all the dogs and owners mix and mingle and you get to know people.
By far, the most common breed of dog at the park is the Canus Albertus (pure Alberta-born mutt). I'm also happy to say that most came from the Humane Society or rescues, not from byb.
Anyway this lady with her two bichons was chatting with me and another gent, and commented on what a nice dog I had even though he came from the Humane Society! OOOOOOOOOO! She is lucky I am a lady!
(For those who read an earlier post of mine, this is the same lady who refused to pick up her bichon-poo because she 'doesn't do that')

I just wanted to write a note in praise of all of the 'mutts', regardless of where they came from! I can't count the ways mine has made my life better!
YAYAYAYAY MUTTS!
:lovestruck:

clm
May 13th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Any dog or cat, purebred or mutt, DSH or a cat with pedigrees coming out it's ying yang, from a breeder or a shelter or rescue. All are living, breathing, individual beings and all deserve love and respect. Period. Anyone who thinks a purebred is better or any animal from a shelter or rescue is inferior is just plain stupid in my opinion and usually not worth wasting ones breath or time on.
I have purebred dogs because I love the breed. Are they better animals than my sisters beautiful border collie/lab cross who lived to be a ripe old age that was from a shelter and one of the sweetest dogs I ever met, no.

Cindy

ancientgirl
May 13th, 2009, 07:47 AM
People are stupid and superficial. I second what clm said. Whatever they are, where ever they came from, they are living beings that deserve to be loved and respected.

My home is shared by 5 individually beautiful and interesting cats. None of my cats are purebred. When looking for a cat, I initially thought about a few breeds I would love to have, but I figured, I had no money to pay for them and it would be better to give an unwanted animal a home.

Some people need to come down from their castles and live in the real world like the rest of us.

Love4himies
May 13th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I am a humane society/rescue snob so I look down on those who think they dog/cat is so much more special coming from a breeder (and, no I don't care who the breeder is). :o :p

Dog Dancer
May 13th, 2009, 08:23 PM
When my son was 10 one of his friends used to ask me what we paid for our dog. WHAT?? They paid $800 for their dog - ours came from the pound. And I explained to him that it didn't make him a better pet, more loving, more loyal. Just more expensive. It was so sad to have to explain that to a wee boy, but that's how his parents raised him. :sad:

lUvMyLaB<3
May 13th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I have a very expensive ckc lab.. and a rescue mutt! I wubba wubba them BOTH!! Neither is better! my lab is perfect for what i needed, and when I needed a small perfect doggie my Gucci was the PERFECT doggie!! I think it is better to rescue unless their is a specific reason you are wanting the purebred, and if you do you better make damn sure that it is coming from an ethical breeder, and in MB a good breeder was next to impossible to find that is why I had to get her from another province.... I wanted a little doggie my kids could control and Gucci was PERFECT there is no purebred that would have filled the place in my heart that this little guy has, I am honestly obsessed! I take him EVERYWHERE and he.. the MUTT is the one I show off all the time, a shih tzu lhasa and bichon? perhaps? He is cute and perfect and awesome!

Do not listen to the bichon lady! her doggies poop stinks just as bad as my mutts I promise her that!!

.nanama
May 26th, 2009, 07:46 PM
^ HAHA love the poop joke.

that lady is the reason dogs end up in the pound. "it's not a purebred so not good enough for me!" i'm surprised the freakin' woman even has a dog, let alone spends the time to take it to a dog park! she should bring her butler to pick up the poop at least!!

BenMax
May 27th, 2009, 08:48 AM
In my opinion mixes are not only one of a kind in appearance but they pick up some of the unique attributes of the breeds within.

Personally I have owned purebreds and mixes. My mixes out lived my purebreds by years as for whatever reason they did not inherit any medical faults that were breed into my purebreds.

Luck of the draw? I cannot say - but I am on the look out for another big mutt.

Chris21711
May 27th, 2009, 09:20 AM

Personally I have owned purebreds and mixes. My mixes out lived my purebreds by years as for whatever reason they did not inherit any medical faults that were breed into my purebreds.

Luck of the draw? I cannot say - but I am on the look out for another big mutt.

Same with me Benmax, 2 of our mixes lived to 17 yrs old, Cocoa is currently approaching 15, sadly none of our purebreds have lived past 12 yrs old.

luckypenny
May 27th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Purebreds or mutts, I love them all :cloud9:.

Just some owners I don't always like so much :D.

Etown_Chick
May 27th, 2009, 07:12 PM
My Scruffy is the joy of my life. People are constantly telling me he should be in movies because he's so handsome (one lady said he should be in cartoon! hee hee not sure how that would work).
No one says much to her about her boring old purebreds heh heh..maybe that's what prompted her comment!
I have nothing against purebreds, I just love my mutty!

JennieV
May 28th, 2009, 03:16 PM
MUTTS ALL THE WAY!
:thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up

and purebreds too...I guess as long as they are there, I don`t really care what they are!

Mat&Murph
May 28th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I have had both Pure or Mutt. They are all great!! Love them all!! Those who only want pure are not true dog lovers IMO