Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Guard dog

Frenchy
May 10th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Nelly supervising the dangerous garbage bags that were outside one morning this week. She was making sure they weren't coming back to attack us :eek:

Frenchy
May 10th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Notice the window sill ..... a part of Nelly's renos ..... :rolleyes: num num num !

Mat&Murph
May 10th, 2009, 11:54 AM
:laughing: What kind of garbage do you have??? She looks sooo serious!!! Nelly and the boys should get together for a reno party!! Chew chew :laughing:

Frenchy
May 10th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Whenever there's something strange outside , like the neighbor's new mail box (she growled at it for weeks and weeks) or if neighbor's car is not properly park in his driveway ... and garbage days .... Nelly makes sure she protects her house ! :rolleyes:

Mat&Murph
May 10th, 2009, 12:01 PM
She is too funny!! She has to make sure everthing is in their proper place

Chaser
May 10th, 2009, 12:54 PM
What a pretty girl....so intense!

diandpat
May 10th, 2009, 01:02 PM
LOL she really does look intense. Take her guarding very seriously!!!! Can't imagine anyone taking her on!!!!! Does she bark or just stare???

Frenchy
May 10th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Does she bark or just stare???

Nelly very rarely barks , that is why when she does , always scares/surprises the crap out of me LOL , she has a LOUD bark !

She stares , growls , and make those woof woof , like when they're about to bark. It's like half , low bark :D/

hazelrunpack
May 10th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Well you never can be too careful about garbage, y'know! :rolleyes:

Nelly can come here and help out the Pack on garbage day--they really admire her style. :D

Does she have the same problem they do? They can't decide what they hate more: the garbage cans sitting at the end of the drive, or the truck that comes and steals the garbage out of them! :laughing: Both of them are cause for outrage. :dog:

Brandykins
May 10th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Love her expression - so awfy serious!! She's a real beauty.

Mat&Murph
May 10th, 2009, 05:18 PM

Nelly can come here and help out the Pack on garbage day--they really admire her style. :D

Does she have the same problem they do? They can't decide what they hate more: the garbage cans sitting at the end of the drive, or the truck that comes and steals the garbage out of them! :laughing: Both of them are cause for outrage. :dog:
:laughing::laughing: Ohh Hazel, you guys crack me up!! I can just see the 8 setters freaking at the garbage men for stealing!!!!!

hazelrunpack
May 10th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Yep...all eight of them out on the deck barking their lungs out :o Thank heaven we don't have much in the way of neighbors... :p

Don't M&M take garbage as seriously as Nelly and the Pack do? :dog:

Mat&Murph
May 10th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Nope I take it out when they are sleeping in the dead of night and then the garbage man is reallly early so by the time they figured out what is going on it is too late. I worry about them going through a window if they thought someone was stealing our garbage.

They almost charge a fee to walk down the sidewalk :laughing:

chico2
May 10th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Awww Nelly our beautiful girl,I am glad she's making sure the garbage-bags stay where they are:laughing:
Bailey loves garbage-days,has to sniff them all for yummies:dog:

14+kitties
May 10th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Awww Nelly! :cloud9: Such a good girl guarding Mom and siblings from the nasty garbage bag monsters! :thumbs up Good job girl!

Magicwildwolf69
May 10th, 2009, 11:58 PM
wow she is so intense. body braced ready to go get those garbage bags if they move even an inch! :laughing:

she's a lovely dog :cloud9:

ancientgirl
May 11th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Haven't you ever seen the famous film, "When good garbage bags go bad?" or the play, "Attack of the killer garbage bags?"

Nelly knows there's more to those garbage bags than just smelly trash.:laughing:

Mat&Murph
May 11th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Haven't you ever seen the famous film, "When good garbage bags go bad?" or the play, "Attack of the killer garbage bags?"

Nelly knows there's more to those garbage bags than just smelly trash.:laughing:
Sooo true!!! We never know what happens when the garbage is not the center of attention!!!
Good girl Nelly!! You go girl!!! :laughing:

Dog Dancer
May 11th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Good girl Nelly! Halo would be proud of you. This past week at our house was one of those once a year put anything you want out to the curb weeks. Well walking the girls in the dark was a challenge as everything Halo saw had to be barked at, yank mom's arm off to try and attack it before it attacked us. Hackles up, watch Shadow sniff it and then relax. I hate odd shaped garbage!

TeriM
May 12th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Beautiful, brave Nelly :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:.

growler~GateKeeper
May 12th, 2009, 02:41 AM
:lovestruck: Nelly so intent on her job :thumbs up

:laugh:

Miss Moe
May 12th, 2009, 10:29 AM
What a pretty girl! :lovestruck: Good job Nelly :thumbs up

Frenchy
May 12th, 2009, 09:15 PM

I couldn't tell you Hazel , the truck comes by after I leave for work and Nelly is usually in her crate so she doesn't see it :p

Well walking the girls in the dark was a challenge as everything Halo saw had to be barked at, yank mom's arm off to try and attack it before it attacked us. Hackles up, watch Shadow sniff it and then relax. I hate odd shaped garbage!

Good doggie Halo !!! :angel:

Beautiful, brave Nelly :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:.

Brave ? :laughing: oh , :cool: yes yes , she's a brave girl :D

:lovestruck: Nelly so intent on her job :thumbs up

What a life hey ? :p

Frenchy
May 12th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Haven't you ever seen the famous film, "When good garbage bags go bad?"

:laughing: so that is why they got drunk and started to flash cars driving by :laughing:

Mat&Murph
May 12th, 2009, 09:40 PM
hahahahahah :laughing:

krdahmer
May 13th, 2009, 12:06 AM
If I was that garbage, I'd be shaking in my booties!!! :laughing: :lovestruck:

Frenchy
May 13th, 2009, 07:21 PM
If I was that garbage, I'd be shaking in my booties!!! :laughing: :lovestruck:

Nelly just saw your comment , she didn't like your laughing smiley ..... and she had this to say : http://bestsmileys.com/tongs/10.gif

:laughing:

Jim Hall
May 13th, 2009, 08:59 PM
isnt nelly you just adopted and the one your cat had terrorised? looks like she likes her new home

Frenchy
May 13th, 2009, 09:13 PM
isnt nelly you just adopted and the one your cat had terrorised? looks like she likes her new home

Yes and no Jim, Nelly has been my foster for the past 2 years , a bit more. She was part of a puppy mill seizure the spca made. We were waiting for it to go to trial to see what would happen. About 2 months ago , I learned that the trial was over and the puppy miller wasn't getting them back , so only then did Nelly became MY dog :)

and yes , she is the one being bullied by Puce , a 10 lbs kitty :evil: it's going a bit better though.

Jim Hall
May 13th, 2009, 09:25 PM
yah well lol betwwen the two i would say your pretty secure

hazelrunpack
May 14th, 2009, 12:01 AM
I'm glad to hear the Nelly and Puce are beginning to make their peace, at any rate. My feeling is that any burglar heading into Frenchy's house will probably be distracted by Nelly, only to be attacked by big, bold Puce-kitty! :laughing: What a character he is! :D