Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

LOST BLACK & WHITE CAT - Burnaby, BC

findmyoli
May 9th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Our cat Oliver has been missing since May 1st, he is a:

-Black & white neutered male
-A very timid cat (may appear to be a feral/wild cat)
-Is slim (looks younger than he is) and has a long tail
-Has a white 'comma' marking on his back and a black chin
-Has green/yellow eyes
-Has tattoo in his ear
-The fur around his neck may look as if he had been wearing a collar (he lost hist collar before he went missing)

Last seen outside our North Burnaby home in the area of Curtis Street (between Sperling Avenue & Duthie Avenue). He could be beyond this area by now.

His family is heartbroken, we dearly miss him and want him back home! We will offer a REWARD for his safe return or for information (i.e. a sighting) that leads to him being found and returned home.

PLEASE if you have found, seen or think you have seen him (no matter the area - cats can travel!), send us a message or call: 604-313-9918 (ANY TIME of the day, 24 hours - if no answer, please leave a message). You can also email us at: rarecarrot@hotmail.com

If you prefer to remain anonymous to us you can contact the Burnaby SPCA at 604-291-7201. Let them know you have found (or seen, if that's the case) Oliver the missing black & white cat - they have the information to contact us. You can also drop him off at the Burnaby SPCA if you have him.

Thank-you!

growler~GateKeeper
May 10th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Just wanted to send good wishes :goodvibes: & :fingerscr Oliver is found soon

Have you contacted the Burnaby SPCA @ 3202 Norland Avenue, Burnaby (604) 291-7201 and the local area vet clinics, posters around the neighbourhood?

findmyoli
May 11th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Thanks for your wishes. Yes, I've been in contact with the Burnaby and Vancouver shelters/hospitals daily and I've postered my neighbourhood and surrounding area as well as dropping flyers at each house in the neigbourhood and posting lost ads in newspapers and on multiple internet sites... but no luck yet :( I want him back home! Hopefully I'll hear something soon...

findmyoli
May 16th, 2009, 02:55 PM
More pictures of Oliver

hazelrunpack
May 16th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Have you had any leads, findmyoli? :fingerscr

findmyoli
May 16th, 2009, 04:27 PM
One lead... someone thought they may have spotted him in the back alley of an apartment complex several blocks away from where he went missing . However, when we went there and spoke to a few people who lived in the area they said that there were many black and white cats that lived there. We put up posters there anyways but it has been a couple of days and still have heard nothing... keeping our fingers crossed! :fingerscr It is the only lead we have had so far so hopefully something will come of it!

chico2
May 16th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I was hoping your post today would say,he is found,your Oliver has such distinct markings,I:pray:he's found soon:fingerscr

hazelrunpack
May 16th, 2009, 08:32 PM
:goodvibes: that the lead pans out! :fingerscr

findmyoli
May 18th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Still nothing... no sign of him. :sad: Haven't gotten a single call or email since that one a few days ago from the apartment complex. Our daily searches around there, our neighbourhood, and areas beyond that also have turned up nothing. It's hard not to imagine the worst, especially since there have been several coyote sightings in our area. I'm operating on the hope that he has found a really good hiding spot and is yet to be seen by someone but when he is, that someone will have seen our many posters and call us. Either that or he has been absorbed into the local feral cat population and in that case, I could possibly rest a bit easier knowing that maybe he isn't starving at least... No matter the case, I hope I find him soon because my family and I miss him so much! :sad:

growler~GateKeeper
May 19th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Have you gone out in your yard/neighbourhood very very early morning - literally at dawn and very very late at night - literally at dusk? Often lost animals will feel safer then rather than during the middle of the day. Go out very quietly - making alot of noise might scare him more, go with a stinky can of tuna or some treat Oliver absolutely loves.

Do you have a shirt that's been worn and not yet washed to put out on the deck or Olivers' litter box to put out the deck.....sometimes the scent will draw them back home if they've lost their way.

Have all the neighbours checked their sheds/garages?

More :goodvibes: :goodvibes: for Olivers safe quick return

NoahGrey
May 20th, 2009, 11:21 AM
You can leave out tuna or salmon. Your cat is probably close to home. Good luck and keep us posted.

ACO22

cpietra16
May 20th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Still nothing... no sign of him. :sad: Haven't gotten a single call or email since that one a few days ago from the apartment complex. Our daily searches around there, our neighbourhood, and areas beyond that also have turned up nothing. It's hard not to imagine the worst, especially since there have been several coyote sightings in our area. I'm operating on the hope that he has found a really good hiding spot and is yet to be seen by someone but when he is, that someone will have seen our many posters and call us. Either that or he has been absorbed into the local feral cat population and in that case, I could possibly rest a bit easier knowing that maybe he isn't starving at least... No matter the case, I hope I find him soon because my family and I miss him so much! :sad:

Keep in mind that a cat will stay hidden if it senses danger or is injured. He won't come back until he feels safe or feel that he is not easy prey( injured cat). Keep looking.

findmyoli
June 4th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Still looking for Oliver... got another call recently from the apartment complex (an old lead but the only lead to date - now renewed!), someone (different person than before) thought they may have spotted him. So, we will continue searching around there and hopefully get another call pertaining to a sighting in that area - possibly as it is happening (or close to) so that we can get exact location details. :fingerscr Thanks everyone for your helpful tips and kind words so far - all very much appreciated.