Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some more in bloom right now

chico2
May 8th, 2009, 05:37 PM
These are the Triple Tulips I bought in South Carolina,look almost like Peones(sp?).I think they are really pretty..

chico2
May 8th, 2009, 05:40 PM
and a couple others,don't know the name of the first one,pretty though,the other one only blooms for a while..I think they are called Bleeding Hearts or something like that.
Everything else is coming along great this year:thumbs up

lUvMyLaB<3
May 8th, 2009, 08:31 PM
yup that pink one is a bleeding heart! How PRETTY your flowers are! Still way to early here for tulips to be blooming.. the leaves are starting to be visable though! so we are almost there!! but past couple days have been cold and tomorrow is supposed to be below zero.. will it ever end??????? where for art thou spring?

hazelrunpack
May 8th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Those tulips are something else, chico! :cloud9: They really do look like peonies!

I bought a bleeding heart this year for my shade garden. I used to have one at our old house and just loved it, so when I saw some at the nursery where I got my tomato plants, I couldn't resist!

Is that purple flower a rhododendron? It's beautiful!

chico2
May 9th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Hazel,I think it is a Rhodo,but I don't know,last year it did not bloom at all,but this year there are lots of buds:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
May 9th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Whatever it is, it's gorgeous! :cloud9:

glasslass
May 25th, 2009, 05:00 PM
It does look like a rhodo. I got a red one when we bought this house. The first year we pruned it way back. We got a lot of growth, but no flowers. The second year it bloomed. Third year - lots of growth. Hopefully next year we'll get flowers again. Does yours seem to bloom every other year?

allfurlove
May 25th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Wow the first ones are gorgeous :cloud9:

chico2
May 25th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Thank's allfurlove!
Glasslass,mine has been blooming every year,but last year I pruned it andI guess pruned too much,so I had no flowers:sad:
This year I did not touch it and it bloomed,maybe you are not supposed to prune a Rhodo,I don't know:confused:

TeriM
May 25th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Wow, a flower question I know the answer to :D. The purple flower one is an azalea which is a member of the rodo family. I have a bunch of them in my front yard and they bloom in early spring.

Love those tulips :cloud9:.

chico2
May 25th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Teri,A friend of mine has beautiful Azaleas and they are much bigger flowers than mine and bigger leaves:confused:

TeriM
May 25th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Azaleas can come in lots of sizes and shapes of flowers etc. My father in law used to have one that was a humungous tree thing and was stunning. The one that you are showing is exactly the same as the ones I have at home. I will try to find pics and post them later.

http://www.azaleas.org/azaleas.html

chico2
May 26th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Teri,I believe you,I don't kow the name of many of my plants,I just put them in the soil and they grow and look pretty.
I've had that Azalea for at least 4 yrs and it has not grown very much,but that's ok,it's crowded there as it is.