Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Dog has ear infection

edwpang
May 8th, 2009, 01:57 PM
About a month ago, my dog, Butter has ear infection. There were brownish stuff in his ear. When I tried to clean it, he was in great pain. So We went to see the vet. The vet didn't do much checking, just gave me some medication(otomax) and clearing liquid. I used it for over a week, the brownish stuff was gone and Butter was not so painful. But it recurred recently, and I used the otomax again, but it does seems to be very effective. I did my own research on internet, and found the symptom seemed more like ear mite than some kind of infection. Can anyone recommend reliable vet in york region or north Toronto?

Thanks in advance.

Chris21711
May 8th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Whereabouts in the GTA? It is a pretty big area edwpang.

edwpang
May 8th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Whereabouts in the GTA? It is a pretty big area edwpang.

York region.

Chris21711
May 8th, 2009, 03:22 PM
York region.

York Region is huge, I am in York Region and go to Sharon Veterinary Clinic in Sharon, but I know of a few that are thorough, it is up to you if you want to be more specific.

edwpang
May 8th, 2009, 03:34 PM
York Region is huge, I am in York Region and go to Sharon Veterinary Clinic in Sharon, but I know of a few that are thorough, it is up to you if you want to be more specific.

Thanks for your response. I am in Richmond Hill, and work in Markham and Richmond Hill border. Anywhere that's 10-20 km within these areas is fine for me.

free
May 8th, 2009, 06:50 PM
i use abbotsford in aurora they also have another office canyon hill in richmond hill on yonge n of elgin mills. they are pricey but have office hours on the weekend

Marty11
May 11th, 2009, 07:07 AM
I use Sharon Vet also. My golden had reoccuring infections, turns out to be allergies. If I keep his ears very clean with the vet solutions, sometimes I need to use surolan for deeper problems. Try switching foods to a duck protein. Global has put one out called natures harvest, there is no feedback cause it's new still. Natural balance has the same one I think.