Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kind of eventful day..

chico2
May 7th, 2009, 05:08 PM
First off,I am really sick,a humdinger of a cold:sick::sad:
1.Bad news,the new neighbors told us they gave 12 kittens to a pet-store in Toronto,kept one for themselves,they'll get some money when they are sold.
No vet no nothing:evil:
The 3 females are not going to be spayed any time soon:evil:

2.We are sitting outside with the cats having coffee,we saw 3 of the cutest little baby-squirrels coming out from a hole in the neighbors roof.
I knew they thought they had a Raccoon in the roof,but it's Squirrels.
They are trying to trap them and I got really upset,you can't just trap them and drop them off in the woods,they are too young:yell:
I can understand the noise from these guys at night is terrible,but I suggested they wait just a little longer and they will be gone from there,on their own.
Relocating them could be a death-sentence.:sad:

3.My cats were outside with us,all of a sudden I see Vinnie doubling in size,hissing his little heart out.
I thought it was the neighbors cats,but I got the shock of my life when I saw a BIG dog.
She was either a Malamute or an Akita,getting ready to jump the fence after Vinnie,her back-hairs raised.:yell:Rocky and Chico had already run in to the house.
I had to use the hose to keep the dog from jumping over:sad: and hubby put Vinnie inside.
Some scary moments,I tell you.
After that,we approached the dog,don't know where she came from,did not belong to any house around here,but I was not 100% sure my new neighbors did not have a dog,although I'd never seen one.
I could not call HS and say there is a dog in my neighbors yard,not knowing for sure it was not theirs.:confused:
She was not interested in treats or water,although she was obviously thirsty:sad:
I went and knocked on the neighbors door,left a note for them not to let their cats out if the dog is not theirs and it was not.
Now I wish I had caught her,she was nowhere to be found once I got back,I fully intended to leash her and call HS,I feel really bad,but hope she found her way home:pray::fingerscr:pray:

Golden Girls
May 7th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Hope you feel better soon :goodvibes:

That was some :crazy: afternoon though

Love4himies
May 7th, 2009, 05:48 PM
First off: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:, cause you really need lots of hugs.

Wow, days like that put me in a tither. I only hope that one day, perhaps with some of your gentle talk, your neighbours will realize that there are far too many cats and to get their kitties spayed. :pray:.

I hope the dog owner finds his/her dog. It may be a very loved pet :fingerscr.

joeysmama
May 7th, 2009, 07:18 PM
That's a lot in one day ! All of it sad.:sad:

They say trouble comes in 3's. Maybe that's the end of the sad stuff.

Dog Dancer
May 7th, 2009, 11:56 PM
:grouphug: Here's hoping that's the end of your bad stuff day! Feel better soon please.

chico2
May 8th, 2009, 08:21 AM
We were talking to the neighbors later on,we could not figure out how the poor dog got in to their backyard,but there is a big gap in their fence,she must have gone through another backyard to get there.
I am not normally afraid of dogs,just careful..I know just because she wanted to go after Vinnie,it does not mean she'd come after us.
We looked everywhere when we walked Bailey,but we did not see her again:sad:
They also told us the 2 little female moma cats are less than 1 yr old,the bigger Calico is 6 and they thought that was OLD,stupid people!!
I am hoping today will be a better day:fingerscr,but this headcold just won't go away and that the Squirrels are safe,the pup found her way home:pray:

ancientgirl
May 8th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Chico, it seems like bad upsetting things always come in clusters. I hope you feel better soon, and I hope those little baby squirrels find their way home. It's sad that the mommy cats are still so young! The depths of people's stupidity amazes me.