Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help dog being abuse!

CClover
May 7th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Please tell us what to do to remove this dog from this crazy man.
SPCA (Alma,Qc) says their is no mark on the dog so they can't do nothing about it.
Someone took this video but says it continues regularly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZR2deON_KM&feature=channel

Thanks!

Mat&Murph
May 7th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Poor dog!!! Why won't the SPCA do anything?? I would keep calling them Untill I drove them crazy

bendyfoot
May 7th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I can't beleive they won't do anything!!! :eek::yell: WTF??? Are there any groups out there that would, um, "disappear" the dog???

MommaKat
May 7th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Maybe someone could talk to this nut to give up the dog? *sigh* I didn't even want to click on the vid :sad: .

I don't speak french so what was he hollering at this poor creature?

bendyfoot
May 7th, 2009, 12:34 PM
It's all really bad cuss words.

luckypenny
May 7th, 2009, 12:34 PM
You tell whoever filmed that tape to call the SPCA and the police and to give them 2 hours to remove that dog from that pr!ck and press charges or else they go to the media.

That dog has to get out of there asap.

Mat&Murph
May 7th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Great Idea LP!!! Poor dog needs a good home!!!

Love4himies
May 7th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I can't watch the video :sad:.

Good suggestion, LP :thumbs up

luckypenny
May 7th, 2009, 12:40 PM
CC, did the person contact the Fourriere Municipale d'Alma or the SPCA of Western Quebec?

joeysmama
May 7th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I can't click on it. That sort of thing will upset me so much--especially being far away and not being able to do anything. I had no problem calling the police on my neighbor who let's her small dogs out, crossing the street with no leash. They've both been hit by cars and one died. I was on the phone pronto and I have to see her face to face pretty often.

I would start a campaign. Pester the police, animal control, anyone who can decide that it's worth saving this dog. If they won't do it out of compassion they'll do it to get you to leave them alone.

CClover
May 7th, 2009, 12:49 PM
We tried to contact them by phone....No answer!
We're trying to send the video to them:evil: asking why they do nothing!

MommaKat
May 7th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I would also write down the video link and give it to the neighbors. They might already know about it but in case they don't they deserve to know what their living next door to.

luckypenny
May 7th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Here's the SPCA's email address: spcasaguenay@bellnet.ca

The Surete du Quebec is responsible for that area. Here's the main # in Montreal (collect calls are accepted), they'll direct you to the appropriate station. 514 598-4141

CClover
May 7th, 2009, 01:06 PM
They all go outside creeming at the guy when he beats the dog but he's not affraid of them.
Alma is so far from Montreal:cry:
We are waiting for the address of the jerk to send messages to SPCA Saguenay.
Thanks guys!:grouphug:

Golden Girls
May 7th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Sorry I too cannot watch the video but whoever filmed this video should take it straight to the Police Station. No need wasting time with AC they can't do a thing and by the sounds of what you guys say that dog needs help ASAP

CClover
May 7th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I just contact Pet-Abuse.com...
The dog might be an 8 months old german sheperd...
Thanks again guys.

I've been to Quebec City the last weekend for the protest against puppymills, screemings my lungs out to give the dogs a voice . Just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel...:cry:

That's me with the sign...

CClover
May 7th, 2009, 01:36 PM
oups no pic... too big:frustrated:

rainbow
May 7th, 2009, 02:06 PM
OMG :eek: ....this is totally unbelievable. :eek:

I agree with GG .....get the police involved as well.

That poor pup needs to be removed asap ....good luck. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

CClover
May 7th, 2009, 05:08 PM
We finally got an answer from SPCA Saguenay.....They will go next week!:wall::wall::wall:

chico2
May 7th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I too did not watch the vid,but the proof is right there in the vid,I assume:confused:
Next week might be too late for the poor pup,no way,would I allow something like that to happen,I'd be over there in a heart-beat,baseball-bat in hand,no matter what the consequences,someone has to save this dog now:evil:

CClover
May 7th, 2009, 08:23 PM
The ppl over there just might try that...Get the pup tonight,but we're affraid he'll get another one:mad:

I'll keep you guys posted!:)

Chris21711
May 8th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Regardless of the different animal welfare agencies, this kind of action is illegal under the crimal code of canada, the Police should be informed.

Longblades
May 8th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I too did not watch the vid,but the proof is right there in the vid,I assumeYou should watch the video. It's impossible to see what is really happening. You assume it's the dog he is hitting and it probably is but that isn't actually shown in the video because it all takes place behind a solid fence or porch railing. It would be a shame to use flimsy evidence and have the guy get off and then have authorities on tenterhooks, afraid to go near him again for fear of being slapped with accusations of persecution or using bad evidence in the past. When the SPCA go next week I hope they can get a better view. I hope the man doesn't know they are coming.

Love4himies
May 8th, 2009, 12:07 PM
You should watch the video. It's impossible to see what is really happening. You assume it's the dog he is hitting and it probably is but that isn't actually shown in the video because it all takes place behind a solid fence or porch railing. It would be a shame to use flimsy evidence and have the guy get off and then have authorities on tenterhooks, afraid to go near him again for fear of being slapped with accusations of persecution or using bad evidence in the past. When the SPCA go next week I hope they can get a better view. I hope the man doesn't know they are coming.

I did not watch the video either, even the thought that I am seeing somebody hurt another living being just upsets me so. :cry::cry: I hope somebody will help that poor dog :pray:

CClover
May 9th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Anima Quebec contact us asking us to tell the girl that got the video have to contact them.We don't know her so I left a message on the video page.They need her to confirm he's beating a dog cause we don't see it in the video...
Here's a screnshot, the guy is olding a stick in his hand and the dog is in the bottom left.

CClover
May 9th, 2009, 12:07 AM
There's a sequence where you can see the guy holding on to the rail to be sure he gives the dog a bad kick:cry:

Frenchy
May 9th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I didn't watch the video because .... I get too mad and knowing I can't do anything about this ..... :wall:

I know you already contacted them both but , please put pressure on both the people who posted this video and on Anima Quebec if you want things to happen. This can't go on :sad:

I'm hoping other people contacted autorities about this too , I know it takes a lot for Anima Quebec to move their freaking butt , after all , they only :rolleyes: get $400 000.00 a year from our governement (aka us tax payers) + a part of the money made from sales of puppies in pet shops .....:wall: :wall: I have yet to see them putting this money towards saving animals. :frustrated:

CClover , thank you for stepping up :thumbs up

If only I knew people in this area that could get this dog out......

CClover
May 9th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I contact the person who post the video (Youtube comment)asking her to call Anima Quebec.They are ready to move,but SHE has to tell them for sure that a dog ,cause we don't see it on the video...

Sara1585
May 10th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Based on watching the video unless what he is saying indicates that he is hitting the dog there may not be any grounds for a charge or even for the SPCA to take him away. The SPCA should still go out there and check on the conditions of the dog and the video should be forwarded onto the Police for them to watch and do as they feel fit. It is a criminal charge and may also be a Provincial charge depending on the Provinical Law. Hope this helps.

chico2
May 10th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I did not watch the video,just cannot handle it,but if the dog is being beaten,I am sure he would cry out,can you hear that in the video???
Maybe this guy is killing something,like a Raccoon or a cat??No less horrific!

CClover
May 10th, 2009, 09:52 PM
The girl that took the video finally have been reached and will contact SPCA and SQ tomorrow morning.SPCA needs to talk to her before going to make sure it's a dog. Yes,you can ear the dog growl and bark...
In the video the guy curses and say: ma maudite ,je vais t'assomer,maudite folle (you're crazy I'm gona stun you...)

Thanks again guys!:highfive:

Mat&Murph
May 10th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the update!! I hope they get this guy and lock him up!!! Hope the dog gets a caring home after all this

CClover
May 13th, 2009, 07:39 AM
For what I know,the police was called once,the guy was arrested but because we don't see what he is beating on the video( ya must be a cougar...:wall: ),he was release.

The girl who took the video will hae the visit of the SPCA this morning! Let's hope they will take the dog immediately! :pray:

I'll post as soon as I have more news...
Thanks guys!

Mat&Murph
May 13th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks CClover for the update!! Hope someone does something

rainbow
May 13th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated. :thumbs up

My thoughts and prayers are with that poor dog ....I hope the spca is able to take custody of it. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2
May 13th, 2009, 02:44 PM
CClover,if it was a Cougar,there might have been a quicker reaction:evil:

Mat&Murph
May 13th, 2009, 02:50 PM
CClover,if it was a Cougar,there might have been a quicker reaction:evil:
Good point Chico2! As well as i think the cougar would be slightly upset about getting beaten like that

chico2
May 13th, 2009, 02:57 PM
He might have trapped something,like a Raccoon,but beating a Raccoon to death is also against the law.
I wish I could have a go at this moron,whatever innocent animal he was beating:evil:

Mat&Murph
May 13th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Well it is clear he is beating something and I doupt its a machine of some sort. The guy needs a beating himself

Dog Dancer
May 13th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I didn't watch it either, makes me ill to think about it. About six big guys need to go over and just take the dog. Period. No police required, no SPCA. That poor dog.:pray:

Frenchy
May 13th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I didn't watch it either, makes me ill to think about it. About six big guys need to go over and just take the dog. Period. No police required, no SPCA. That poor dog.:pray:

No need for 6 big guys .... You'd be surprise to see what a 100 lbs , 5"2 girl can do when mad :evil:

but I do love your idea :thumbs up

Winston
May 13th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Best idea I have heard yet!

Any news CCLover?

I hope to god that this man ROTS IN HELL!

Mat&Murph
May 13th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Like the way you think DD, How about 15 pet.ca members go over there :crazy:

Dog Dancer
May 13th, 2009, 09:27 PM
If I was closer.... It kills me to think about this. How we care so much about our pets, and so many do so much to help rescue and care for the unloved babies and this bas**rd is such a jerk. :wall::wall: I so pray that this thread has a positive outcome.

Mat&Murph
May 13th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Me too DD Me too

CClover
May 14th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Since I (and some other friends) didn't have any news about the dog ,we wrote back to the SPCA, telling them it takes to much time to help this poor creature.Now they are mad at us and we don't know anything and they have to obey the law,animals are like chairs and SPCA needs special paper to seize it and bla bla bla.I know that but is there any special way to do it in ''emergency''.Now I'm the bad one in the story cause I told them it would have been faster if I have gone there with my bike (600 km) .

They went and told the guy that if the dog keeps chewing the wood (reason of the beating ),he should be tied in the yard ! The SPCA gave him is phone numer in case he wants to get rid of the dog!I guess they are trying to get the paper they need to take the dog out of there.

The problem is not us wanting this dog out,it's not the SPCA either not doing it fast enough.The problem is the law that says that the dog is like a chair!:shrug:

I hope that the committeethat have been form (M.Kelly...) are working on this .
Thanks guys!

Winston
May 14th, 2009, 06:48 AM
I am so sorry your going through this! But many people have loooked like the bad guy over and over again to save the life of an animal so I wouldnt worrry! we all love you for trying to help!

I am confused though? are they preparing the paperwork to seize the dog? what committee ? god I wish I knew someone closer!

CClover
May 14th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Oh Gosh where is my dictionary lolllll (I'm French) .From what I know,yes they need papers to seize the dog,otherwise anybody could come and take....your tv....
The government form a round table to change the law.Give me some time I'll give you a link...

CClover
May 14th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Still looking for an english version of this...

http://communiques.gouv.qc.ca/gouvqc/communiques/GPQF/Mars2009/24/c3765.html?slang=en

Oups! Found it!

http://communiques.gouv.qc.ca/gouvqc/communiques/GPQE/Mars2009/27/c4859.html?slang=en

Golden Girls
May 14th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Anima Quebec is the only organization who has the mandate to seize animals should they see/feel an animal is being abused (and then that's a big IF because of our lack of laws) but they do not have the man power to follow up on complaints.

It's great you (she) contacted AQ and the SPCA but neither IMO can do anything to help this dog. Maybe the MSPCA inspector will go visit this place but I highly doubt anything will be done. I'd file another complaint with the police department. Even the police dept can and have refused to accept animal complaints but if you happen to get an animal loving officer they can get our MSPCA to seize the dog :shrug: (no p-42 required)

It's a sad reality here in Quebec, laws need to change.

As Winston said many times the caring people look like the bad guy but we know otherwise, thank you for all your doing to help this woman.

The other thing I'm thinking, is anyone willing to approach this guy (without accusations) and ask if he'd be willing to surrender this trouble maker of a dog?

CClover
May 14th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks GG! The police was involved last febuary,the guy went to court but in court they say the video was not good enough to be a proof.The guy was release.

Maybe the SPCA there, try to get Anima-Québec interrested in the case.

BenMax
May 14th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Anima Quebec is the only organization who has the mandate to seize animals should they see/feel an animal is being abused (and then that's a big IF because of our lack of laws) but they do not have the man power to follow up on complaints.

It's great you (she) contacted AQ and the SPCA but neither IMO can do anything to help this dog. Maybe the MSPCA inspector will go visit this place but I highly doubt anything will be done. I'd file another complaint with the police department. Even the police dept can and have refused to accept animal complaints but if you happen to get an animal loving officer they can get our MSPCA to seize the dog :shrug: (no p-42 required)

It's a sad reality here in Quebec, laws need to change.

As Winston said many times the caring people look like the bad guy but we know otherwise, thank you for all your doing to help this woman.

The other thing I'm thinking, is anyone willing to approach this guy (without accusations) and ask if he'd be willing to surrender this trouble maker of a dog?

GG is absolutely right. Her and I have tried to work on even worse cases to no avail.

Let me be very blunt - the SPCA nor Anima Quebec will act on this. There is not enough evidence. It is harsh for me to say this but it's the truth.

We have been working on something far worse (believe it or not) and we are not getting anywhere.

Let me put it this way: The MSPCA has ceased dogs (or dogs were surrendered) from an unethical breeder AKA puppymill. Not all dogs were surrendered. There is enough evidence to prove that the dogs they have are in distress medically and physically. Why can they not cease the remaining dogs then considering the apparent mental abuse inflicted on what they have and also the medical findings on these dogs? Why not? The answer goes back to what GG states - the laws stink to high heaven.

If they are working on 'paperwork' it will seriously surprise me. Please keep us updated. And if they are pissed with you - screw it! You are concerned people who are trying to expose what is going on here. They are paid to entertain complaints period. Now let's see how they approach this and if there is a resolution to this. Fingers crossed!:fingerscr