Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sexy and fashionable, or just plain unnatural?

hazelrunpack
May 6th, 2009, 07:44 PM
A friend of mine sent me this pic of her setter boy, Reilly. She's wondering if this is normal or if it might signal some underlying problem.

hazel's thought is that a lot of us would die for lashes like that, and as long as they aren't curling under or otherwise irritating his eyes, they look dreamy :flirt:

Anyone got any thoughts on the matter? :shrug:

Dee-O-Gee
May 6th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Hey...I wonder if she could use on of those heated eye lash curlers or some pomade :D:D

He is absolutely stunning--what a sweet face :cloud9:

breeze
May 6th, 2009, 07:50 PM
are you sure he didn't go out and buy that new mascara that makes your lashes long?? :D

they are sooo long!!

Mat&Murph
May 6th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Ohhhh wow!!! Are they ever long!!! I am sooo jealous :laughing:

hazelrunpack
May 6th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I couldn't believe them when I saw them! :eek: None of ours are that well endowed with sexy lashes! :o

So if it were your dog, would you trim them? :confused:

breeze
May 6th, 2009, 08:23 PM
I couldn't believe them when I saw them! :eek: None of ours are that well endowed with sexy lashes! :o

So if it were your dog, would you trim them? :confused:

NO if they are not bothering him just leave them alone!!

:cloud9::cloud9: they are unique..:cloud9:

onster
May 6th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Definitely unnatural...unnaturally cute :D:D

She should call up Guinness..that must be a record!!!!

onster
May 6th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Question tho : is he taking any eye meds??? I saw this new piece of tv a year ago or so, discussing how the drops used for glaucoma actually stimulate eyelash growth (i believe it was glaucoma..maybe cataracts??).....so much so that theyre looking at making it commercially available for that purpose.

hazelrunpack
May 6th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Now that you mention it, that's vaguely ringing a bell with me, too. In fact, they were just talking about it on some morning news show or other...

As far as I know, Reilly's eyes are fine and he's not on any drops. I'll ask his Mom, though! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
May 7th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Aww what a cutie pie :cloud9:

I would say not to trim unless they curl under towards the eye or are otherwise bothering him.

Reilly does have quite the set of long curls :lovestruck: on his neck etc so it's probably just the way they grow :shrug:

Brandykins
May 7th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Eyelashes to die for!! He is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful face and expression! A really lovely dog.

hazelrunpack
May 7th, 2009, 10:00 AM
He's a sweetie, too, Brandykins--just a good boy all around. :flirt:

growler, a bunch of ours are curly around the chest and neck, too, but none of them have such luxurious lashes...and the Sheriff is rather envious of Reilly's lashes being a lovely lady magnet, so if he could grow a set like that, he would :laughing:

bendyfoot
May 7th, 2009, 10:28 AM
oh my dog, those are some serious lashes!!!!!:eek:

Miss Moe
May 7th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Oh my! Luv the look. The lashes make him look so disdinguished. :lovestruck:

My first thought was that maybe they had already been trimmed and grew back that way, but if they are o'natural and not causing any problems, i don't think i would cut them, just in case it starts problems?

He sure is a beauty!

chico2
May 7th, 2009, 04:40 PM
What a beauty:lovestruck:
Our little Bailey has lashes like that too,looks so sweet:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
May 7th, 2009, 09:55 PM
:lightbulb: That's where I've seen lashes like that! On cocker spaniels! :thumbs up

It really does melt your heart, doesn't it, chico? :lovestruck:

As far as I know, Miss Moe, they've never been trimmed. His Mom says they just never stopped growing. I guess Reilly's secret goal has always been to be a mascara model. :D

lUvMyLaB<3
May 8th, 2009, 10:50 AM
What a PUP! AWWWwwwwwWWW I gonna steal him too!!One day I am gonna go a setter napping! There will be a rash of setter naps in the area, and I will be found schnuggling and smooshing all of em!

ancientgirl
May 8th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Thems some long lashes! Wow.

I wouldn't trim them either, not if they don't seem to be bothering him.

cpietra16
May 8th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I know everyone is amazed at Reilly's lashes...but has anyone noticed his expression.........Drole...very drole.....:D he is not impressed.....

hazelrunpack
May 8th, 2009, 03:46 PM
What a PUP! AWWWwwwwwWWW I gonna steal him too!!One day I am gonna go a setter napping! There will be a rash of setter naps in the area, and I will be found schnuggling and smooshing all of em!

You're gonna hafta cover a multi-state area for that napping--Reilly isn't mine and is a fair piece away from here. :D I hope you have a large RV so all the setters in WI and MI have appropriately posh travelling quarters! :laughing:

I know everyone is amazed at Reilly's lashes...but has anyone noticed his expression.........Drole...very drole.....:D he is not impressed.....

He was even less impressed to find out he made the newsletter! :laughing:

TeriM
May 9th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Wow, those are quite the lashes :eek:.

What a handsome boy though :lovestruck:.

hazelrunpack
May 10th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Reilly's Mama sent along a couple more shots of the debonair boy...

This one is with his sis, Carmen. :D You can see she doesn't seem too impressed with his attempt to look sexy for the camera... :laughing: But she might just be jealous... :p

lUvMyLaB<3
May 10th, 2009, 09:13 PM
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH a pretty sister!!!! I wanna smoooosh her too!

someday.. someday... a setter will be mine all MINE!!!

Or I could move in with you Hazel!! and have all kinds of setters to schnuggle and smooosh and huggg and kisss)....and steal??...)

14+kitties
May 10th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Why is it always the male that gets the long lashes?! :frustrated: How unfair is that! Honestly!!!
He is absolutely adorable. So is his sis. I don't think I would touch a thing on that face. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
May 10th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I don't know, 14+! It just doesn't seem right somehow, does it? :frustrated: But I must say they look good on Reilly :flirt:...despite what his sis thinks. :D

Or I could move in with you Hazel!! and have all kinds of setters to schnuggle and smooosh and huggg and kisss

This could work! I'm always looking for an extra pair of hands! :laughing: Do you work cheap? :D

lUvMyLaB<3
May 10th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Yes CHEAP!! I can be paid in setter schnuggles!!!.. But I have some fuzzbutts too! Is it spring there?? I NEED to get away from this manitoba COLD, one would think I was living in the arctic amongst polar bears.. at least that is how I feel...

Are setters not the most beautiful dogs on the planet? really?

hazelrunpack
May 10th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Well, hazel won't argue...she thinks they are! :thumbs up :cloud9:

It's sort of spring. Only the daffodils and last year's pansies are in bloom....the trees are just beginning to bud... But I got a pic of a hummingbird today and there are lots of migrating birds so, yes, all-in-all I think it must be spring here. :D

The price is right. And all fuzzbutts are welcome. :thumbs up When can I expect you? :laughing:

Magicwildwolf69
May 10th, 2009, 11:04 PM
wow what a beauty. it looks like his sister is rolling her one eye. love her face too.

chico2
May 11th, 2009, 07:24 AM
What beautiful puppers,it seems his sister is tri-colored,really pretty,but Reilly with his lashes :lovestruck::lovestruck:

Dog Dancer
May 11th, 2009, 03:26 PM
What lovely dogs. I wouldn't cut them either in case it caused some problem after that. He looks like he has bedroom eyes for sure! Those are amazing eyelashes.

hazelrunpack
May 12th, 2009, 12:10 AM
They do give him a rather soft, distinguished air... :cloud9:

I think Reilly's lashes are safe...they're just too cute to cut! :D

growler~GateKeeper
May 12th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Awwww Carmen is adorable too :lovestruck: she does look like she's rolling her eyes at him :laughing: