Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I think he has ADD

onster
May 5th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Im beginning to honestly think that Diesel has the canine form of ADD. He wont focus on me!

I get to the farm and he whines like mad for me to open the gate :cloud9: then he starts barking at some bird running about and runs after it (while im still fiddling with the gate).

Then he notices im in his space and comes charging at me for pets (he still doesnt get the whole dont jump on me thing).

I feed him and its funny when I walk away from him even tho he's still eating he will keep chowing down but when I come back to his side his tail starts wagging a mile a minute (yes i do this several times for my own entertainment :crazy:). So youd think the silly thing actually appreciates the company, right???

Nope. He immediately runs off...does this weird kangaroo hopping (so strange) running across the field. then digs. then kangaroo hops. I think he's hunting for moles??

I can call him till im blue in the face - completely ignores me. EVen when I have treats he ignores me - may come back for one trick and on treat (shake for example) then before i can do anything else he's off again.

As soon as I start to leave he comes back whining :frustrated: Seriously ive stood there in the middle of the farm for 20 mins or more being completely ignored.

What does he want me to do? Just watch him do his thing? its rather boring.

Also - he supremely stinks and makes me stink :yuck::yuck:

In the winter I enjoyed feeding him cuz he liked to hang around with me...but for the past month its mainly been a pain :sad:

I end up going for 10 mins, feeding him then going back home as he is ignoring me. But then he whines when I leave and I feel bad :frustrated:

On that note im off to feed him now.......but is this normal doggy spring time behaviour??

Jim Hall
May 5th, 2009, 05:28 PM
yup too many things to smell and dig up
my kits like company when they eat too

onster
May 5th, 2009, 05:32 PM
lol but what gets me Jim is that sometimes when I show up he is sound asleep and then gets soooo excited im at the gate and nearly knocks me over. If he was sleeping, clearly the moles/birds can wait! lol

Then he ignores me.

I wouldnt mind so much if I was 'just' the feeding lady. But innevetably he gets me all stinky everytime even if he only interacts with me for my 5 mins and my clothes all gross :yuck: and I have to shower and do laundry.

That sounds so obnoxious...but id like to get some play time for my yuckiness :crazy::laughing::rolleyes:

Chaser
May 5th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Sounds pretty much on par with both of my psychotic dogs! Chase comes over to check-in with me pretty regularly because he's a mummy's boy, but Kailey could easily spend an hour rollling, digging, hopping, etc. and couldn't care less what we're doing.....as long as we're watching her! She hates to lose her audience. :laughing:

onster
May 5th, 2009, 06:34 PM
lol yep Kailey sounds exactly like Diesel.

I just found out from his dad that he wasnt chasing moles (as his wife told me) but rather snakes :eek::eek::eek:

Suprisingly Diesel was a little teeny weeny tiny bit more attentive today. I tried working on stay for a bit :thumbs up ( would help if he knew come I guess lol). Apparently all the snakes are gone. Thank God for that!!!!!

Ive never seen a snake in the 'wildnerness' (even a harmless garden snake) and I sure as heck wouldnt have known they were harmless if I had seen them. Good think Diesel didnt bring me one :rolleyes:

onster
May 5th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Oh and even though the weather is warm I still glove up in thick winter gloves when I visit Diesel. I never noticed in the winter but maaaan are his nails sharp!!!!! Holy cow.

Doesnt help that he's now obsessed with shake :crazy::crazy: I created a monster :evil:

angeldogs
May 5th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Sounds like a typical pooch with his best human friend.he's happy that you are just there with him.weither your playing or he is off being a goofball.your there and he's happy.

onster
May 5th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Oh. I had no idea angeldogs. I thought dogs loved nothing more than to interact with people (as opposed to kitties who interact when they feel like it).

If you put it that way I suppose I could just sit on the one picnic table while he does his thing. Keep him company for a while.

I wanted to try leash training him a bit but then i figured there may be no point to that since he's never on a leash. Also apparently he gets really annoyed when you try to put a leash on him/ bites it and then wont let you near him...however the person who told me that is my friend who told me he's aggressive in general :rolleyes:

Chaser
May 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Oh. I had no idea angeldogs. I thought dogs loved nothing more than to interact with people (as opposed to kitties who interact when they feel like it).

If you put it that way I suppose I could just sit on the one picnic table while he does his thing. Keep him company for a while.

Some dogs, like Chase, want a constant companion. Others just want an audience! :rolleyes: Kailey loves showing off - I think Diesel may be doing the same.

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2009, 11:19 PM
The Pack can get like that. If I'm inside, they're at the door, wanting in. Then as soon as I get to the door and open it they mosey off across the yard :rolleyes: Just wanted to make sure Mom was watching, I guess. :laughing:

It can be a bit annoying sometimes if I'm trying to get something done... :o On busy days I just make them all come in (mean ol' Mom)...but if I have more time I'll indulge their silliness and let them mosey for a while. :D

rainbow
May 6th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Diezel obviously doesn't get the attention he needs from his owners so it's no wonder that he acts all crazy when you come to feed and play with him. He is so lucky to at least have you in his life. :thumbs up

onster
May 8th, 2009, 01:17 PM
thanks guys...so now I know he is normal :crazy:

I suppose next time I'll just bring a book :D and wear a garbage bag :laughing: