Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

REWARD!! Lost/missing Black male dog in Thunder Bay, Ontario

Jenny2354
May 5th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Lost on Redwood Ave West on Saturday May 2nd...A small to medium sized black dog that answers to the name Blacky. He was just shaved and the pictures that I have of him are with his longer coat. He is very friendly and lovable. Please email me jennymartel@hotmail.com or Call 473-4819 if you know where he is or if you have seen him. We just want him home safe!! Please if you have him or know where he is PLEASE PLEASE call or email right away.....He has a huge family waiting for his safe arrival.

Thanks so much!

mollywog
May 5th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Jenny my family lives in Thunder Bay. I have already passed this on to them. How old is Blacky? Have you started putting signs up, or calling all the shelters and rescues in town? :goodvibes: Come home Blacky!!!

mollywog
May 5th, 2009, 11:25 AM
post signs EVERYWHERE- Con.College, Chappels Golf Course, any convenience stores in the area, the community centre on James St... he has to be out there somewhere! Someone may have taken him in, so you need to let everyone know that he is missing. Go door to door.
Here is the contact info for all the shelters and rescue groups in TBay. Let them know that Blacky is missing, in case he ends up in their care.

Thunder Bay District Humane Society
1535 Rosslyn Road
Phone: 807-475-8803

Thunder Bay Animal Services
24-Hour Lost Pet Locator Line 345-4156

New Hope Dog Rescue
Judy Mackie 807-767-4232
Valerie Mackett 807-624-8686

Local Dog Rescue
Troy Way
732 Sprague Street
(807) 622-3958

also post signs at pet stores! If someone found him they are going to need food for him!

Was he microchipped?
Also call all the vets offices in town and post signs at each office!

Good Luck. Please keep us updated on any leads.

Jenny2354
May 5th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Thank you so much!!!

We live in the Northwood area. Blacky is 11 yrs old. He looks like a puppy though. The only place that I haven't tried yet is the New Hope Dog Rescue.
I am going to try that right now!! Thanks so much!! I will keep you guys posted.

BenMax
May 5th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Jenny - also contact vets and local pounds in and around your area. (something tells me you did - but I just thought I would say anyways). I wish you the best of luck - I pray that your pup returns to you safe and sound.:fingerscr

Jenny2354
May 5th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Hey Molly wog, I have contacted just about every place here in Thunder Bay. All the local vets have his info and placed on the boards there. Troy Way has been very helpful and has offered to place Blacky's info and description on his Dog Rescue site and also Valerie from the New hope dog rescue here in Thunder Bay has a whole lot of people on the lookout for him. Everyone has been so helpful!! We are just on our way out to look for him again (I think we have spent a total of about 12 hrs out looking so far)....Not sure how far we should go or if we should just stay around our area. We have been all over Thunder Bay but my DH is convinced that he isn't far. We have a crap load of posters with his info and picture to go out EVERYWHERE...My son and tons of his friends have offered to walk around this area and post the posters everywhere and on every pole. My son asked if Blacky's description can be placed on the announcements at his school so if any of the kids there have seen him, they can let the school know and they will contact us. I just don't think that there is anything more that we can do. I haven't really slept at all or eaten. I just pray that he comes home soon!

Thanks Everyone!

mollywog
May 5th, 2009, 08:17 PM
that's great Jenny, to hear that the rescues were so helpful to you.
Don't give up yet, he's gotta be out there somewhere and really hasn't been gone that long!
Is he skittish or anything? Did something scare him and cause him to run off? At least the temps are warming up, so there is no chance of him freezing at night.
:goodvibes: come home Blacky:pray:

Jenny2354
May 5th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Blacky is very friendly and would go to anyone. He loves people and people love him. Friends and family who know Blacky think that maybe someone found him and took him home. At first I was getting upset everytime someone said that but I would much rather him warm, fed and safe then on the streets dodging cars and hungry. I just pray that he comes home soon...We all miss him so much!

mollywog
May 6th, 2009, 06:33 PM
It is very likely that someone has taken him in. But that's no reason to give up! Just keep putting signs up EVERYWHERE! Did you put an ad on Kijiji yet? Please keep us updated! :pray:

mollywog
May 7th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Jenny- whats the news today? Any leads??? :pray::goodvibes:

Jenny2354
May 8th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Not one lead!!! It's like he dropped off the face of the earth. I don't get it...I know he is an amazing dog but do you really think that someone would keep him? We are just praying that if someone has him that he will run away as soon as they open the door and come home to us...My fingers are crossed!!!

Mat&Murph
May 8th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Keep your hopes up!!! Do you have a local radio station?? Mybe try and get them to say something on air. Call the shelters and again just to touch base. They sometimes get busy and just need a friendly reminder. We are praying for you

Jenny2354
May 9th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Blacky is home!!!

He was with a family pretty much the whole time! They seen his poster, called and brought him home right away. Thank you for all your help! We are so happy to have him home.

Thanks again,
Jen

diandpat
May 9th, 2009, 03:11 PM
OMG Jenny that is such GREAT news. I can't imagine how relieved you are.

Is he OK? Extra hugs and kisses for the next little while I am sure.

I think you should post more pictures of him for us now :p

Enjoy your reunion!!!!!

chico2
May 9th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Awww,finally some good news,I think we all needed that:thumbs up
Pics of course are needed,he looks like a sweetie:lovestruck:

Jenny2354
May 9th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Here are some pics of Blacky from today and his baby fur brother Mylo lol.

Mat&Murph
May 9th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Ohhh that is such good news!!!!! So happy for you!!! The pics are great:highfive:

mollywog
May 10th, 2009, 08:26 AM
I am SO HAPPY for you and for Blacky!!! :crazy: you and your family must be overjoyed!
have you called the rescues and shelters to let them know that you found him??

LYNNNNNNN
May 11th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Again Good news !:goodvibes:
So Happy for you give your little one a big big big group hug :grouphug:
fromm all of us !!

Melinda
May 11th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I'm so glad he's returned home, the family must have been thrilled to see your posters.

nikkirako
May 11th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Such wonderful news. I know the feeling. I am thrilled for you. Congrats.