Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

**New Pets.ca Baby thread - May 09

Ford Girl
May 5th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Hey everyone, how's it going? I thought I'd write an update and see how everyones doing?

Tommysmom - how much longer? Are you ready? Lets see some belly pics and hear and update, I bet you are pumped!!!! :stork-baby:

Want4, how's Alex? Is he filling out now? Any new pics?

Lewis is doing good, he's huge, which doesnt surprise me, we have out 6 week old appt next week, last one with the OB, then we start seeing our family doc if needed. He's just over 5 weeks old and really starting to show his personality. He smiles alot, coo's and makes a racket whe he wants something, he's impatient and cuddly and so much fun, each day is new, he's very alert and likes to be entertained. He's moved in to his own room/crib cuz he out grew his bassinette, we've had to pack up all the smallest clothes and he's moved in to the next size up! We have video monitors in his room so we can watch him and he's almost rolling over!! :cloud9:

We fixed up his digestive issues, I cut out dairy from my diet, and the probiotics hes on work wonders, we added a elevated crib wedge to help alleviate the indigestion, he's doing so much better. He eats like a champ, Im having to give a bottle of breast milk after nursing to fill him up. :crazy:

Dazy is getting more and more comfortable around him, she was never nervous, just cautous, she licks him and attends to his cries, ALWAYS comes in his room with us to change him and when we take her off leash to the field she always runs next to the stroller, its super cute, shes very intuned to what the family is doing. :angel: She's already wanting himt o share his toys and socks. :rolleyes:

Here are some newer pics, 5 weeks old. :lovestruck:

Ford Girl
May 5th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Melinda - sorry hun, forgot to ask about your little guy, how is he doing? How is your daughter??? Pics? Updates? I bet he's grown soooo much!!

luckypenny
May 5th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Omg, omg, omg :lovestruck: :cloud9: :goodvibes: :lovestruck: :goodvibes:.

Lewis is just too adorable!! I bet Dazy's thinking this is the best toy you ever brought home for her :laughing:.

Wondering if Lewis' first word will be "Dazy" :rolleyes: :D.

Give him a squish for me please :cloud9:.

Ford Girl
May 5th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I wondered the same, if he'll day Dazy first, he likes to look at her, yesterday we were eating supper at the table and he was on the floor beside me in his chair and she laid right down beside him and he starred at her for the entire dinner, she will either lick him or lay real close and turn her head away from him, not sure if if avoidence or submission, but its damn cute!! Wait till he can share his food from the high chair, they will be best buds!!

When we are in the car she'll rest her head over the back seat and watch him the whole drive, hes facing backwards so he gets to look at his doggy the whole ride, its cute. Once I had to put Dazy in the back seat with him and she rested her head on his car seat. loll!!

These two are going to be Trouble with a capital T!

Melinda
May 5th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Wow, you're little guy is so sweet!!! Benjamin is growing like a weed!! he's at the "everything is funny stage" Brina adores him and figures he needs his ears cleaned twice a day with doggie licks. he is now a whopping 8 pounds *L* eats like a little piggie and she also has to suppliment with bottles between breast feedings. You girls every hear of the Bumbo chair?? I love it....but it does look like a little pottie...

You're so funny grama!!
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/100_5421.jpg

My bodyguard
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/100_5427.jpg

Just like Grampa!
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/100_5435.jpg

Now if I could just get my feet on the ground, I'd be outta here!looks like he's ready to take off running *L*
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/100_5372.jpg

Ford Girl
May 5th, 2009, 10:15 AM
OMG Melinda, he's supser cute!!! LOL!! I love the last pic, and the Bumbo chair too! I have one of these as well, Lewis isnt ready yet to sit in it I dont think, a week or two more till his neck is strong enough.

Melinda
May 5th, 2009, 10:18 AM
thanks Fordgirl, Benjamin is short so his neck is supported in the seat, mind you, he has started to roll over and will push his head up slightly, they grow up just too too fast, he'll be 8 weeks this thursday...unreal

luckypenny
May 5th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Just like Grampa!
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/100_5435.jpg

:laugh: TOO funny!!! Benjamin is so darn adorable! Love that first pic.

Ya know, all you new mommies/grandmommies ought to have a meetup soon....I volunteer to keep....err....babysit the babies :D.

Melinda
May 5th, 2009, 10:29 AM
LuckyPenny, lets just let the mommies meet up and I'll come help you keep all the babies ! *L*

luckypenny
May 5th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Great idea Melinda :thumbs up. I'll need someone to take care of the diaper duties as I'll be too busy smooshing babies :D :laughing:.

Melinda
May 5th, 2009, 10:53 AM
"diaper" duty????????:eek::frustrated: darn, I've been on diaper duty for 25 yrs!!!! (run a daycare)

kandy
May 5th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Awwww - both are cuties!!!!!!!

Love the safety strap thingy on Lewis' chair - and Benjamin looks like he loves the bumble chair! Such cool new things for babies since I had mine many, many years ago!

bendyfoot
May 5th, 2009, 12:18 PM
awww, they're both adorable! Congrats all around!!!:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:

happycats
May 5th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Awwwwww Babies !!!! :cloud9: Both little guys are sooooo sweet !! :lovestruck:

rainbow
May 5th, 2009, 03:10 PM
LOL ....there sure is a big difference in size with those two :D and they are both just as cute as can be. :cloud9:

Little Benjamin looks like he want to take on the world in the last pic. :D

ancientgirl
May 5th, 2009, 04:13 PM
What a couple of cuties!

That's a very clever seat Benjamin is in.

Mat&Murph
May 5th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Awwww :cloud9: Look at the sweet babies!!! Everybody looks great

Tommysmom
May 5th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Gorgeous babies, FordGirl and Melinda!! They look so sweet:lovestruck::cloud9:.

I'm still on bedrest, OB said today she'll be looking to induce me at 37/38 weeks (if I make it that far, my blood pressure is still climbing and climbing:frustrated:). I'm 35 weeks tomorrow, so that's just 2-3 weeks away now!! AND she says it looks like she's a BIG baby... which sounds just great to everybody who doesn't have to push the darn thing out, LOL. I have an ultrasound on Thursday to get a better estimate on size.

We're as ready as can be, I suppose... the room is ready, the clothing/diapers/incredible amounts of baby paraphernalia are all in place... but omg, I'm not ready, lmao. I guess you never really are!

Ford Girl
May 5th, 2009, 09:57 PM
TM, dont sweat the weigh guess, they can be off by several lbs, they always guess big, at 37 weeks they told me Lewis was 8.3 and at 38 weeks, they said 9.4, I had him on my due date at 40 weeks and he was 8 .15, which is large, they told me he'd be over 10lbs, but seriously, dont worry about that, bigger babies are born all the time, its all about gettn the head out. lol!!

Its going to be awsome, dont phyc yourself out, trust yourself, and your body, its going to be amazing!!!!

Hows bed rest treating you? read any good books? sleeping much? (I would kill for a week of bed rest at this point! LOL!)

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Beautiful baby pics :cloud9:

I can't believe how much Lewis and Benjamin have grown since the last time I saw pics! :eek: But I guess babies do that, don't they? :o

:goodvibes: for the last few weeks, TM! Keep that bp down! :fingerscr

Tommysmom
May 6th, 2009, 07:29 AM
TM, dont sweat the weigh guess, they can be off by several lbs, they always guess big, at 37 weeks they told me Lewis was 8.3 and at 38 weeks, they said 9.4, I had him on my due date at 40 weeks and he was 8 .15, which is large, they told me he'd be over 10lbs, but seriously, dont worry about that, bigger babies are born all the time, its all about gettn the head out. lol!!

Its going to be awsome, dont phyc yourself out, trust yourself, and your body, its going to be amazing!!!!

Hows bed rest treating you? read any good books? sleeping much? (I would kill for a week of bed rest at this point! LOL!)

I sure hope you're right! The doc just kept shaking her head and looking at my hubby (who's 6'2, I'm only 5'0) and saying... 'she's a big one, yep, she's a big one' LOL.

Bed rest SUCKS... I was planning to work right up until the end, I'm not used to sitting around. Good thing I had the baby's stuff all done anyway! I managed to somehow catch pneumonia last week (how on earth do you catch something when you never go anywhere?!?!) so I spent the entire time being sick and miserable and watching judge shows on tv, LOL. I know I should try and enjoy it while I can, but I'm just sooooooo not the type of person to do nothing. I really wish I had learned how to knit/crochet/sew or something!

Dog Dancer
May 6th, 2009, 03:44 PM
OMG! This is just the cutest thread ever. Baby overload! Lewis and Benjamin are growing like crazy. Yup, time flies. TM - wow, I can't wait for you to have pics to post too! Melinda, you're too funny about diaper duty.

Melinda
May 6th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Dog dancer, the joke around here is when I finally do retire from daycare and have no more baby diapers to change, I'll be just in time to start changing hubbies diapers....*L*

Ford Girl
May 6th, 2009, 05:02 PM
TM, Dh and I are the same height as you guys, 6.2 and 5 even! lol!! You'll do fine.

Melinda
May 6th, 2009, 05:19 PM
geeesh girls, daughter is 5' and boyfriend is a tad over 6 feet *L* you all triplets?

Tommysmom
May 6th, 2009, 06:14 PM
TM, Dh and I are the same height as you guys, 6.2 and 5 even! lol!! You'll do fine.

geeesh girls, daughter is 5' and boyfriend is a tad over 6 feet *L* you all triplets?

LOL, how funny is that:laughing:.

Ford Girl
May 7th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Some new pics, check out his shirt, its a baby shower gift from Voo Doo! :D

He's really starting to smile more and more. Melts me.:cloud9:

Ford Girl
May 7th, 2009, 01:09 PM
a few more....:lovestruck:

rainbow
May 7th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Awww, adorable pics ......it's so cute when they first start smiling. :cloud9:

And, I love the shirt from Voo. :lovestruck: :thumbs up

Tommysmom
May 7th, 2009, 02:18 PM
That shirt is adorable!!!!!

Mat&Murph
May 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Awww FG>> lewis is way too handsome...he is going to be a lady's man with a smile like that!!!! I love the shirt!!! Where did you get it again??

Dog Dancer
May 7th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Oh my too cute! I love the shirt too.

Ford Girl
May 7th, 2009, 06:27 PM
My friend *C* got it, Dazy's friend Voo - her mom, shes a member on here, Gypsichik, she ordered it from some where, its adorable. Its 6months tho, and barely fits him now, its made small. I'll find out where she got it...

BeagleMum
May 7th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Awww, I love baby pics!! They are all so cute!! How did I miss this thread before??

Ford Girl
May 17th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I have like 30 seconds to post an update...:laughing:

Lewis is 7 weeks old today, we have a check up on Tuesday, he's so big and strong, my little man. :lovestruck: I just got over a cold, just in time for Lewis to catch a slighter verson of it. He's on the mend, it didnt get too bad, we missed may long weekend camping, which was a bummer but there's always next time!!

He's loves his mobile, boobies and eating. :rolleyes: Typical man!! lol!! He's laughs and "talks" and is very impatient at times. He has his dads complextion and his mom's scowl. lol!! He loves his momma best and watches his doggy more and more each day! Dazy's doing good, shedding the extra winter lbs cuz we are gettn out more often with the nice weather.

I only have one pic for now, DH took the camera camping, I'll post more when I can. Here's Lewis P. at 6 weeks old!! :cloud9: Here is the link to my facebook page if you wanna check out more right now. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=251866&id=727715454&l=e10b7bd2e8

Tommysmom
May 17th, 2009, 01:06 PM
OMG, he is so cute!! Gotta love the shirt too, LOL. I can't believe he's 6 weeks already, the time has flown by!

I can't believe how adorable he is:cloud9:.

Ford Girl
May 17th, 2009, 01:52 PM
OMG, he is so cute!! Gotta love the shirt too, LOL. I can't believe he's 6 weeks already, the time has flown by!

I can't believe how adorable he is:cloud9:.

he's 7 weeks today!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::lovestruck: unreal how quick it goes!!

Ford Girl
May 19th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Lewis just had a check up, last one at the maternity clinic, he's 14lbs 1.5 ozs, 22.5" long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yikes - he's a big boy!! I had a check up too, we are both doing just fine.

jessi76
May 19th, 2009, 08:35 PM
awwwwwwww babies!!!!!!!!! so sorry I missed all the birthdays, but CONGRATS! LOVE the baby pics... FG, Lewis is adorable! Love his lil cute onesies! and Melinda, congrats on the new grandson, also incredibly adorable! now where the heck is W4R's newest lil one?

hazelrunpack
May 19th, 2009, 11:10 PM
He just keeps gettin' cuter, FG! :thumbs up I can see his mom in his face. :D

Tommysmom
May 21st, 2009, 03:49 PM
Woooooohooooooooooo, made it to 37 weeks yesterday!

Just in time too, lots of contractions happening and stuff... ob said today it could be anytime, hoping we'll have a baby by the weekend:eek::D.

Melinda
May 21st, 2009, 04:36 PM
good luck tommy's mom!!!!

Benjamin went for his health check up and weighed in at a whopping 10 lbs 14 oz!!! he's 10 weeks old today, I can't believe how fast they grow!!

Winston
May 21st, 2009, 06:02 PM
Woohoo! Tommysmom! Hope all goes well and cant wait to see some baby pics! :thumbs up

FG & Melinda! OMG as cute as a button!

hazelrunpack
May 21st, 2009, 09:40 PM
:highfive: Congratulations on making 37 weeks, Tommysmom! :thumbs up

Good luck and may the delivery be smooth and quick! :goodvibes: :D And don't forget pics asap! :o

Ford Girl
May 23rd, 2009, 04:17 PM
OOOO Tm, cant wait to hear...good luck. :goodvibes:

New pics of my GIANT baby! 14lbs @ 7 weeks, he's 8 weeks tomorrow. xo

chico2
May 23rd, 2009, 05:23 PM
F-G,what a very handsome big boy Lewis is:lovestruck::lovestruck:
Tommysmom,I was worried I had missed your big day,don't visit this thread very often.
Hopefully it's happening as we speak(sort of),hopefully it will an easy delivery,with a beautiful healthy baby:stork-baby:

hazelrunpack
May 23rd, 2009, 09:25 PM
Oh, he's a cutie for sure, FG! :flirt: I can see karaoke is in his blood--in that second shot, he's crooning romantically into an imaginary mike! :D Lewis is gonna be hot with the ladies! A future American Idol! :thumbs up

Ford Girl
May 23rd, 2009, 10:11 PM
Oh, he's a cutie for sure, FG! :flirt: I can see karaoke is in his blood--in that second shot, he's crooning romantically into an imaginary mike! :D Lewis is gonna be hot with the ladies! A future American Idol! :thumbs up

lol...He's always looking at his hands. lol!! :clown: He;s just starting toi grab things like my boob or shirt. That would be Canadian Idol Hazel. ;)

hazelrunpack
May 23rd, 2009, 10:21 PM
Is there a Canadian Idol show? I thought American was like in 'North American'... But then, I never watch the show. :D I would if Lewis were on it, though! :laughing: So when does he audition, eh? :p

Tommysmom
May 25th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Lillian Marie was born on Saturday! Pics to come, just got home today and need to snuggle Tommy too- I missed him so much while I was gone!!!

rainbow
May 25th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Congratulations Tommysmom !!! :highfive: :stork-baby: :cloud9:

I love her name and looking forward to pics. :goodvibes:

Dog Dancer
May 26th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Congratulations Tommysmom!! Rainbow beat me to it as I was logging in. Can't wait for pics of sweet Lillian Marie (love the name). Give an extra snuggle to Tommy for me too!

Dog Dancer
May 26th, 2009, 12:02 AM
FG - Lewis is a very handsome (and big) dude! Very content looking.

chico2
May 26th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Awww Tommys mom,Lillian-Marie is here:stork-baby:WELCOME TO THE WORLD,LITTLE BABY-GIRL!

Ford Girl
May 26th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Welcome baby girl!!! And welcome to motherhood TM!!! Congrats! cant wait to read your birth story and see pics!

Mat&Murph
May 26th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Congrats Tommysmom and Welcome to Lillian!! Can't wait to see pics!!

hazelrunpack
May 26th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Lillian Marie was born on Saturday!

:highfive: :grouphug: :goodvibes:

Congratulations, TM!!!!

Can't wait for the pictures!!!

What does Tommy think of his new little sis? :D

jessi76
May 26th, 2009, 08:49 PM
congrats TM! can't wait to see pics of the new lil one!

FG, what cute pics of your lil one! well, I guess he's not so "lil" huh? lol.. I love the baby chub, too cute! my lil guy was about 7-8lbs at that age! they're all SO different, yet all SO adorable!

Tommysmom
June 10th, 2009, 08:54 AM
A bit late... but here is Miss Lillian Marie, aka Lili! Born May 23rd, 5lb 11oz (so much for the huge baby they were predicting, LOL - even the doc was shocked when he pulled her out:laughing:).

Melinda
June 10th, 2009, 09:18 AM
ohhh I missed all this!!! she is gorgeous!!! congrats.

hazelrunpack
June 10th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Oh, Lili is just a doll, TM! :lovestruck:

What does the indomitable Tommy think of his new charge? :D

ancientgirl
June 10th, 2009, 04:26 PM
TM, she's a cutie!

chico2
June 10th, 2009, 05:28 PM
TM,awww you have your very own little baby-doll,she's adorable:lovestruck:
I am glad everything went well,how's Tommy reacting to the little bundle of love??

Tommysmom
June 11th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Poor Tommy is sort of wary of her:sad:.

We did everything I read about - brought home blankets and stuff she had worn for him to smell before we came home, hubby brought her in so I could greet my puppy first, etc etc. Didn't work, apparently!

For the first week or so he would come within about 6 inches of her, sniff, and then run off as if he'd done something wrong. If I had her in bed feeding or being changed he'd get up off his pillow (he has his own pillow on the bed between me and hubby) and go sleep on the floor in the hallway:sad:. We just keep praising and treating whenever he goes anywhere near her. He's stopped getting off the bed for the most part now, just turns and buries his face under my pillow if she's making too much noise, LOL - his innate laziness is winning over his uneasiness:rolleyes:. Interestingly enough, he always seems to cuddle up on my side of his pillow now, rather than hubby's side - for somebody so scared of the baby he likes to stay pretty darn close to her! He actually licked my elbow today while I was feeding her and pretty much fell off his pillow cuddling up to me. He's curious, and will come right up to her to sniff, but stops short of touching her. I don't like that he's uneasy, but there's been so much improvement in the last two weeks that I know he'll come around soon... in the meantime we're just trying to make sure that everybody gets as much mommy and daddy time as possible.

Dog Dancer
June 11th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Oh I hadn't seen the baby pics. Lillian Marie is gorgeous. Such a sweet little thing (compared to these big boys we're seeing). Tommy will come around with a bit more time I'm sure. He sounds like he's getting there already. Wait til he discovers she will have food on her face and fingers! (later of course)

Ford Girl
June 11th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Shes super cute TM!!! Awww, what a doll!

Dont worry too much about Tommy, he'll come around, they need to build a relationship and trust, at first dazy would only sniff and walk by, wouldnt even look right at him, but after several weeks she started to really watch him, and stick around longer, now she'll join us every where and lick him and come in with me to say good morning, she places her face cose to him and he kicks her - its so light that she thinks its petting lol!!. She sucks up the attention now! In my opinion, they need to steer clear for the first few weeks, it teaches them patients, and how to be gentle, and that this little person is part of the pack and that they need to tread lightly around them. Its beats jumping all over them and crowding the space you need to take care of the baby. I dont think they quite comprehend that its another human at first. He'll adjust and realize that this is his new sister and then the fun will begin!!! xo

Tommysmom
June 11th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks FG! I was feeling kinda sorry for him, I thought everybody else's pets adjusted immediately and Tommy was just sort of strange. It's good to hear he's not that far off the norm! He really doesn't seem to get that she's a human at all, LOL... but he's definitely getting better and better every day, and today he started getting his 'alert' look when she cried - the same look he gets when he decides he needs to warn us about something, like a cell phone ringing:rolleyes:. Something tells me he'll be a fine big brother.

chico2
June 11th, 2009, 05:11 PM
TM,poor little guy,but I am sure with time he'll love his little human,even though she makes a lot of noise:laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 11th, 2009, 08:58 PM
...but he's definitely getting better and better every day, and today he started getting his 'alert' look when she cried - the same look he gets when he decides he needs to warn us about something, like a cell phone ringing:rolleyes:. Something tells me he'll be a fine big brother.
I think you're right--he's gonna be just fine! :thumbs up Just takes a little adjustment...

pbpatti
June 11th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Congratulations on your new little lady. She is so cute in Daddy's arms. pbp

14+kitties
June 12th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Congrats Tommy'sMom. Now Lillian Marie's Mom too! :cloud9: She is such a sweetie. I love babies. 'Specially girl babies. Just something about them........