Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Scary woman problems--advice ladies?

joeysmama
May 4th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Okay--this may be TMI but it's been about 10 months since my last mammogram. Everything was fine then. I've been going to the gym a lot the last few months so quite a few hours a day in a sports bra. Cysts have always been a problem for me and they started acting up big time. New ones popping up--old ones hurting more. Things like that.

I have a coupld that don't hurt though. Just feel like tiny little grapes--almost like lymph nodes and they do move around but they don't hurt. It's been 9 years since I had my whole cancer adventure (had a sarcoma on my kidney that time) I was feeling like a normal person again.

I have an appointment with my oncologist in July but I'm going to go to my ob/gyn next week and see if he thinks I should move that up.

Anyone every have anything like this--and live to tell the story???

muggsmom
May 6th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Yup, scary isn't it? My Dr. found two small lumps, moved but didn't hurt, like yours. I had a needle biopsy which showed nothing, but because I lost my mother to breast cancer, I asked the surgeon to remove them. Turned out to be fat deposits. I was told to be concerned if they don't move and don't hurt. My SIL recently had something show on her mammogram. After more mamm's, ultrasounds and a biopsy, she was told it was a calcium deposit. Definitely mention it to your ob/gyn, maybe he'll send you for your mammogram early, but I don't think you have anything to panic about. The majority of lumps are benign. We can never be too proactive when it comes to these things, though. Better safe than sorry.

luckypenny
May 6th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Are you taking any medication Joeysmomma? I have always had small cysts but several years ago, two large, very painful ones appeared. After nothing showed up with an ultrasound, the technician had thought to ask (while the doctor didn't :rolleyes: :frustrated:), if I was taking any medication at the time. I was and it turned out to be a side effect of the drugs.

I can imagine how anxious you must be feeling with already having had to face cancer in your past :grouphug:. Have you spoken to your ob/gyn yet?

Dog Dancer
May 6th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Joeysmama, sorry no advice to offer you, but you have all of my support and best wishes, positive vibes, etc. I agree it's probably nothing to worry about, but it's better to get it checked and put your mind at ease. As said already, you can't be too proactive on these things. Please keep us posted, now I'm going to help you worry okay...

ancientgirl
May 6th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I don't blame you for being scared after what you went through a while back. I agree you should mention this to your OB/GYN.

Do you drink coffee or things with caffeine? I had to go back for another mammo, which I never went to because it was going to cost me too much money, but when my GYN, called me about it, she said that sometimes women who have a large intake of caffeine, can develop problems with fibroids. I know you say yours may be cysts, but maybe it works the same way.:shrug:

Good luck, and don't worry yourself too much until you can see someone.

joeysmama
May 6th, 2009, 05:20 PM
You are all so sweet. I can't tell you how much your encouragement means to me. I just got back from the ob/gyn. The doctor couldn't see me but the nurse practitioner was very nice. She said the one I was worried about didn't feel like anything sinister but she found a "bubbly" cyst she wants to have checked. I have to go for an ultrasound on Friday. I'm nervous about that but not as petrified as I was before I saw her. I wish they could have done the ulta sound right away!

chico2
May 6th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Joeysmomma,just wanted to give you a :grouphug:and try not to worry,why keep you worrying until July,was there no earlier appointment:confused: