Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kongs for Cats?

poodletalk
May 4th, 2009, 11:06 AM
My foster cat likes to eat, she starts meowing LOUDLY for her breakfast and attention around 4:15 am every morning. The meowing also makes my dog hysterical bark! I'm tiered when I get up, I can't fall back to sleep.

I'm wondering, do people give kongs to cats to keep them busy? If so, what do you stuff them with? Any advice to keep Winnie my foster cat from meowing at that time of the morning is appreciated.

I do leave out extra dry food for the night, but it doesn't help her meowing..she wants her wet food.

MommaKat
May 4th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I have a cat treat ball it looks like this http://www.cat-alog.com/cat_toys/slim-cat-ball.jpg The Cats are bored silly of it now because I do put their regular dry in it from time to time, but when I put in actual treats they go crazy for it. Though the sound of a ball might drive you and puppers crazy still :shrug: .

How about hiding pieces of dry food and treats around the house before you go to bed. It's kind of like a kitty treasure hunt. I do that for my cats all the time, especially if I'm gone for long periods during the day.

clm
May 4th, 2009, 11:25 AM
You can leave wet food out at night too. I would try that. It could be in addition to one of her current meals or replace one of them.

Cindy

Love4himies
May 4th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I agree with clm suggestion about leaving out wet all night. Cats shouldn't be eating dry anyways. I leave wet out for my cats all night and it is mixed with raw and have never had a problem.

Tundra_Queen
May 5th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Hi
I also leave wet food out fo my 3 cats too.:)

poodletalk
May 5th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Mommakat, where did you buy the treat ball? It could maybe occupy her in the mornings instead of her meowing :cat:

MommaKat
May 5th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I got it at Petcetera . I think I have seen them at other pet stores as well though if you don't have a Petcetera in your area. I think it was like $7 or maybe $10 but no more than that.