Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

LuckyPenny let me loose...

aslan
May 4th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Soooo I got to move into LP's for a few weeks and make a really big mess. Gotta love my job. I put a ceiling up in her oldest sons bedroom and painted, then turned an entranceway and a couple closets into a sparebedroom. Promised Hazel some pics.

aslan
May 4th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Now Tayler's room after....

aslan
May 4th, 2009, 08:53 AM
and again....

aslan
May 4th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Entry and closets before.....

aslan
May 4th, 2009, 08:55 AM
got a couple durring, LP has more. Notice in one i have a little helper.:thumbs up

aslan
May 4th, 2009, 08:55 AM
couple more..

aslan
May 4th, 2009, 08:56 AM
And now why i love my job,, i've been told it's all girly,girly now.:frustrated:

aslan
May 4th, 2009, 08:57 AM
last of them...

diandpat
May 4th, 2009, 09:08 AM
WOW :thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up Very nice Aslan!!!!!

I don't know about "girly girly" but is sure looks cozy!!!!!

Cute "helper" too...was she covered in dust and a "white" dog by the end?:laughing:

aslan
May 4th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Nope no white dusty dog, but she did insist on leaning on freshly painted walls to see if the paint was dry.:D

diandpat
May 4th, 2009, 09:15 AM
LOL, I have one that tests with her tail!!!! Sorta like a doggy dye job!!!!!:D

aslan
May 4th, 2009, 09:17 AM
LOL, yup i repainted the kitchen and halls and i'd be mid painting and have to yell to LP to wash paint off of Penny.

breeze
May 4th, 2009, 09:22 AM
the one with penny's nose is just to cute....:cloud9:

ancientgirl
May 4th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Great work there! Don't you just love those 4 legged helpers.:laughing:

hazelrunpack
May 4th, 2009, 10:34 AM
LOL, yup i repainted the kitchen and halls and i'd be mid painting and have to yell to LP to wash paint off of Penny.
:laughing: Isn't it nice when the 'kids' take an interest in your work, though? :D

Looks like another great job, aslan!

LP, I still can't picture how the entryway relates to the new guest bedroom, though...any chance you can post before and after floor plan pics? :D yes, hazel is sooooo demanding :laughing:

cpietra16
May 4th, 2009, 10:39 AM
:thumbs up...very nice Aslan...very talented....

aslan
May 4th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Hazel it went from this...

aslan
May 4th, 2009, 11:02 AM
to this.....:D

hazelrunpack
May 4th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Oh, cool!!!!! :thankyou:, aslan!

Wow, what a huge change!! Great design :thumbs up Anything that makes a functional room and gives ya more closet space is a winner in hazel's book!

Mat&Murph
May 5th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Great job aslan.!! LP must be very happy!! Love the little helper!!

angeldogs
May 5th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Awsome aslan..the pic with penny is cute.she's a good girl for wanting to help.

luckypenny
May 5th, 2009, 10:47 PM
K, here are my before and afters....Tayler's room is not furnished properly yet so I'll save those afters for later.

Here's the wall between the the entrance way and the walk-in closet (sort of a mudroom near the garage) coming down. What you see on the other side of the second pic is the walk-in (Aslan posted a photo of it earlier....the one with the junk in it, lol).

Dee-O-Gee
May 5th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Wow this is a neat thread--I always love looking at before and after pictures :thumbs up

Keep em coming :)

luckypenny
May 5th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Here's the finished room. What Aslan did was remove the walls to not only the walk-in, but there was another closet too that she removed. She then closed off the entryway (it was sort of a short hall that led to the rest of the house) and added an interior door. The door leading to the porch outside stays....easy access to outdoors from what's now Ava's...err....the guest room :D.

The first pic I took facing a mirrored closet door (too many damn closets in here :laughing:) to get a better view of the room.

luckypenny
May 5th, 2009, 11:05 PM
And here's the door leading outside, then the interior door (Lucky's still getting used to this new room). The bed and dresser are in the area that used to be the walk-in and other closet.

The closed door in the second pic....you guessed it....another closet :laughing:. I don't know what was with the builder and his love/obsession with storage space and doors...they're everywhere :shrug:.

luckypenny
May 5th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Aslan, thanks so much...the results are almost as wonderful as having you here for the month....I thoroughly enjoyed your company and tremendous laughs :goodvibes:.

As soon as I get the last of the girlie-girlie touch-ups done, I promise I'll share them with you :p :D.

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Man, I'd kill for some extra closet space. :o The builder knew what he was doing when he built in a lot of storage space and closets...he just forgot he had to attach them to a functional space for them to make sense. :D If you see him, let him know hazel has lots of functional space he can practice adding closets to! :laughing:

Ava is really enjoying her new room, I see! :cloud9:

luckypenny
May 5th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Ava is really enjoying her new room, I see! :cloud9:

I was betting Penny would take over that room but she still enjoys what's left of the walk-in :shrug:. I think by making it smaller, she finds it even cozier now.

Ava took right to that bed and Hollie Hobby. She cuddles with her every night now :cloud9: :D.

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Aw, Penny in her lair! :cloud9: And Ava snuggling with her dolly! :lovestruck: How sweet is that!

But where does Lucky like to hang?

luckypenny
May 6th, 2009, 12:00 AM
But where does Lucky like to hang?

When I'm not home, on the couch by the front window looking for me to return :o. When I'm home, anywhere he can keep an eye on me :lovestruck:.

Ava's either on my bed or Sandman's when I'm home, and when Penny's not snoozing in the closet, she prefers my lap seriously :rolleyes:.

hazelrunpack
May 6th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Lucky is such a good boy, watchin' out for Mom like that! :cloud9: And Ava, keeping the beds warmed and ready for use at a moment's notice. :thumbs up Then there's Penny--a Mama's girl and comes out of the closet every day to fess up about it... :lovestruck: What a sweetie :flirt:

I just love your crew, LP! So thoughtful! :cloud9: