Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spring has arrived at Hazel Run...

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2009, 05:23 PM
...finally! We can tell because strange organisms are springing up in the gardens...

Macie thinks flowers are pretty and always checks to see if they smell pretty. :cloud9:
While she's there, she makes sure they are free of Dangerous Butterflies, too...always on duty, that one!

Grace, on the other hand, waits till Mom is distracted admiring the blossoms and then darts in for a quick nibble :rolleyes:

Of course, if it's Spring, then it must also be time for...

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2009, 05:31 PM
...KONGS!!!!

Princess-Queen Cass has a Kong-fixation.

"Make it bounce, Mom!! NOW!!!!"

She brings them back, too, which makes the Hazel Run Mama very happy. :D Playing with Cass can be a very lazy activity. :thumbs up

Ms Macie, still recovering from her broken toe, can only watch the action from the sidelines...

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2009, 05:34 PM
Grace enjoys chasing Kongs, too...but she rarely brings them back :dog:

Sometimes, Grace gets quite long with Kong...

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2009, 05:39 PM
Esquire Brier likes to take a turn with the Kongs, too.

But he's so easily distracted. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2009, 05:46 PM
The Sheriff can't be bothered to chase down Kongs. Kongs just aren't as thrilling to vanquish as Villainous Varmints...

So while the rest of the Pack plays, Sheriff Cole enjoys an invigorating roll...

...then hones his varmint detection techniques by pointing flies in the Side Yard sun.

Ms Macie helps.

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2009, 05:51 PM
And after all the flies are defeated and the Kongs are put away, there's still plenty of time on this lazy Spring day for a little snooze....

Happy Spring, everyone!

the End

14+kitties
May 3rd, 2009, 05:56 PM
Awww sweet! From the flower smelling Macie to the fly pointing Sheriff. But how did Ms Macie break her toe?

Dee-O-Gee
May 3rd, 2009, 06:20 PM
Aahhh Hazel -- I'm in love :lovestruck::lovestruck: with the pack.

They all are just way to beautiful. :cloud9:

You HAVE to transfer Macie and Grace's flower pictures into the May Photo Challenge cause then I can see them in two threads :lightbulb:

ancientgirl
May 3rd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Aww, Miss Macie looks like she wanted to join in.

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2009, 08:34 PM
But how did Ms Macie break her toe?

Now that's the million dollar question. The truth is: :shrug:

:o

She and Brier play pretty rough and when he rolls her, she fends him off with her paws. I'm thinking she might have gotten the toe caught on his collar... But she could also have caught it on the fence in a mad dash after a squirrel... So we're not sure. I was in a different part of the yard and didn't see or hear anything...she just came in limping, poor girl. :sad:

You HAVE to transfer Macie and Grace's flower pictures into the May Photo Challenge cause then I can see them in two threads :lightbulb:

I can't till it hits page 2 and I can get into the thread. :o

Aww, Miss Macie looks like she wanted to join in.

She did...she's feeling mighty put upon, being kept from all the play. But she still gets to chase her squirrels and butterflies, so her time hasn't been totally wasted. :dog:

Mat&Murph
May 3rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
As always Hazel The pack looks great and you are a awsome story teller!!! Poor Macie can't join the fun

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks, M&M. :o

14+kitties
May 3rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Now that's the million dollar question. The truth is: :shrug:
:o
She and Brier play pretty rough and when he rolls her, she fends him off with her paws. I'm thinking she might have gotten the toe caught on his collar... But she could also have caught it on the fence in a mad dash after a squirrel... So we're not sure. I was in a different part of the yard and didn't see or hear anything...she just came in limping, poor girl. :sad:

Aww, poor sweetie. I bet she will be one happy gal to have that thing off her leg! Too bad we don't have eyes in the back of our head so we can see all of our pals all the time. Might help keep them out of mischief. But I doubt it.

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2009, 09:57 PM
Forget eyes in the back of the head--I need a coupla hazel-clones :o You need at least 4 14+-clones. :D

14+kitties
May 3rd, 2009, 10:03 PM
Forget eyes in the back of the head--I need a coupla hazel-clones :o You need at least 4 14+-clones. :D

:laughing::laughing::thumbs up That may help!

growler~GateKeeper
May 4th, 2009, 03:12 AM
:lovestruck: Ms Macie in the flowers :lovestruck: She looks like she restrained herself a bit better than Gracie did with the noms.....at least while mum was there :p :laughing:

Love the Sheriff roll pic :cloud9::cloud9: & Princess~Queen Cass bringing the Kong back :lovestruck: absolute bliss on her face :cloud9: Did anyone steal Brier's Kong while he was distracted? :D

chico2
May 4th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Hazel,what absolutely beautiful pics,but the look at the subject:lovestruck:
Poor miss Macie and her owie:grouphug:
Everytime I see your entire crew I am in awe,they are adorable,except we don't see enough of them.
Oh yes.HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!

hazelrunpack
May 4th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I had a lot of trouble uploading the pics, chico :sad:...and they didn't even include Ember and Ridge :o The connection always seems worse in late winter and spring :shrug: So I don't usually try to post much this time of year. But I'll try to do better. :D

growler, I was playing with the dogs in small groups so I could watch them better. (They've been known to chew hunks off the Kongs and swallow them :rolleyes: so I keep on top of them.) Brier was actually alone in the yard, except for Ms Macie, who was ignoring him. So there was no thievery, just abandonment. He thought he saw a squirrel--it was a clump of leaves :laughing:

clm
May 4th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Macie looks so cute. Poor thing, how long will it take for her toe to heal?

Your dogs look so clean, how do you manage that in spring I'd like to know. All the rain we've had this spring I'm not sure mud season is ever going to end. Baxter stays clean, but the little wild man, not a chance. :laughing:

Cindy

breeze
May 4th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Great pictures, Great story...

and your flowers look beautiful (who says you don't have a green thumb.)

now for Ms Macie to get better and get the cast off :thumbs up

Lukka'sma
May 4th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Love the pictures and all the captions to go along with them.
Poor Macie and her toe:sad: I hope the cast comes off soon and she gets to be back playing with the gang.:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
May 4th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Macie looks so cute. Poor thing, how long will it take for her toe to heal?

She gets a peg-leg change this Friday. :D They'll xray it again and rewrap it for another 2 weeks. They'll check it another 2 weeks past that, and either rewrap or release her from her Peg-Leg Torture Device. :o We're hoping she'll be healed well enough at the second change that they'll be able to leave it off! :fingerscr

Your dogs look so clean, how do you manage that in spring I'd like to know. All the rain we've had this spring I'm not sure mud season is ever going to end. Baxter stays clean, but the little wild man, not a chance. :laughing:

Cindy

Setters and water don't mix for the most part. :laughing: Only Ms Macie really likes getting muddy--the rest would rather stay in if it's that wet. And for those times when the feet get muddy despite their best efforts, Mr Hose is waiting for them on the deck before they come in. :D

and your flowers look beautiful (who says you don't have a green thumb.)

Thanks, breeze. But keep in mind that that patch of pansies and the patch of jonquils out front are the only flowers we have blooming right now! :laugh: And they bloom in spite of the moldy thumb. :o

Poor Macie and her toe:sad: I hope the cast comes off soon and she gets to be back playing with the gang.:thumbs up

Ms Macie barks, ":thankyou:" to all of you for your well wishes. She's looking forward to getting her smooth stride back in time for prime Dangerous Butterfly Season. :D

chico2
May 4th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Aww Hazel,it's ok,you post pics whenever you can:grouphug:
You must have such a great life with all these beautiful doggies:lovestruck:

rainbow
May 4th, 2009, 07:42 PM
I love Macie and Grace in the pansies :cloud9:

The pics with the Kongs are so cute .....especially Cass's fixated look. :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
May 4th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Cass suffers from Kong-:crazy:ness. We've tried to get her to seek professional help, but she won't take the time away from her Kongs to make the appointment. :rolleyes:

:laughing:

Frenchy
May 4th, 2009, 09:34 PM
ahhh it's so nice to see them ! :cloud9: love princess Cass with all four paws off the ground :laughing: and Grace in the frog position ... they all seem so happy to be outside , I can actually hear them : yipeeeeeeeeee ! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
May 4th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Yep, they defiinitely get noisy when they get to play :laughing: Lots of yaps, barks, woofs, and, yes, yipeeeeees! :D

Chaser
May 4th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Awww....pretty flowers and pretty puppers! :cloud9:

:grouphug: to poor Miss Macie....I didn't realize she had broken her toe :sad:

hazelrunpack
May 4th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Yep. I wish I knew how. :o Even after it's healed, I'm going to have some major reservations about letting her play with Brier...but I feel so bad about keeping them apart because they're such good friends and love to play :shrug:

Miss Moe
May 5th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Awe! Cute story. What a beautiful pack you have! :lovestruck:
Awesome pics too!
Brought back lovely memories of my beloved 'Willy' :angel2:

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Was Willy a setter, Miss Moe? I'd love to see a pic. :o

Glad you enjoyed the Pack's activities. :D

rainbow
May 5th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Yep. I wish I knew how. :o Even after it's healed, I'm going to have some major reservations about letting her play with Brier...but I feel so bad about keeping them apart because they're such good friends and love to play :shrug:

Welcome to my world. :sad: :frustrated:

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Chase and Logan still can't play together, rainbow? :eek: :sad:

Do you think they'd still get so crazy? Maybe they're grown up enough to have settled down some. :o (Yeah...I tell myself that all the time about our crew, only to be proven wrong nearly every day :rolleyes:)

Brandykins
May 5th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Lovely Spring flowers and lovely dog - a added bonus.

Really lovely photos:)

rainbow
May 5th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Chase and Logan still can't play together, rainbow? :eek: :sad:

Do you think they'd still get so crazy? Maybe they're grown up enough to have settled down some. :o (Yeah...I tell myself that all the time about our crew, only to be proven wrong nearly every day :rolleyes:)

We've just started letting them out together for short periods and supervised only. A couple of times Chase has favoured his leg later in the day. :frustrated: And, yes, they still play hard and crazy. :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Lovely Spring flowers and lovely dog - a added bonus.

Really lovely photos:)

I'm glad you enjoyed them, Brandykins :D And welcome back! It's been a while.

We've just started letting them out together for short periods and supervised only. A couple of times Chase has favoured his leg later in the day. :frustrated: And, yes, they still play hard and crazy. :rolleyes:

Sigh...I never know whether to classify it as hi-jinx or insanity! :rolleyes:

Do you think Chase is just out of shape and that's why he's sore sometimes after they play?

rainbow
May 6th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Do you think Chase is just out of shape and that's why he's sore sometimes after they play?

We thought of that so hubby has been taking him down to the river to swim :thumbs up .....when the weather co-operates which is only a day here and a day there lately. :rolleyes: :frustrated:

hazelrunpack
May 6th, 2009, 09:36 AM
I hope that helps! :goodvibes: A little muscle mass, a little conditioning, and Logan better mind his p's and q's :laughing:

Miss Moe
May 6th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Yes, Willy was a setter. He looked liked Ms Macie and what a character! lol

I'll have do do some digging (no pun intended lol) to find some pics of him.

His time was before digital cameras & computers! lol

hazelrunpack
May 6th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I hope you can find some pics! :fingerscr

I hear ya about the pre-digital times...most of my pics are still prints from 35mm film and I've still got film in the cabinet and in the manual SLR. My first digital came as a gift last October. :D

luckypenny
May 6th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Hazel, have you got any catnip growing in your yard?...looks like Princess Cass may have gotten into some :D.

I love all the pics but the one of Grace sprawled out with her Kong has got to be my favorite :cloud9: :lovestruck:.

hazelrunpack
May 6th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Yes, as a matter of fact, we do. :D And she probably did. :o She does have a sort of intense stoned look to her, doesn't she? :laughing:

Grace loves the 'way-back-legs' position. Keeps her flexible. :dog: