Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Brindle sisters

Frenchy
May 3rd, 2009, 04:33 PM
I don't know who got there first but ... there was some cuddling going on ! :D

Frenchy
May 3rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
Some of Chloe ... she's been very tired lately.

Love4himies
May 3rd, 2009, 04:47 PM
Awwww Coco and Nelly :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Sweet :lovestruck: Chloe, how are the meds working for her?

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2009, 04:53 PM
Coco and Nelly look like a matched set! :lovestruck: Obviously Nelly has no issues with Coco at all...they cuddle so cute!

Chloe just exudes sweetness... :cloud9:

chico2
May 3rd, 2009, 04:56 PM
Aww Nelly and Coco,how sweet is that,both really,really good girls:lovestruck:
Pretty Chloe,when she lays like that,she looks like a Golden,I :pray:she's ok and not suffering:pray:

14+kitties
May 3rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Aww, so cute to see them cuddled like that! :cloud9:
Chloe is looking a little tired. Poor sweetie. :sad: You are a great mom.
Wonderful pics! And about time we saw some new ones young lady!

Frenchy
May 3rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Sweet :lovestruck: Chloe, how are the meds working for her?

It's not going well. I will have to say goodbye soon , this week , if I can gather up the courage to do so. She is barely eating her kibble , but loves the satin balls I made for her. She is so darn skinny ... and to make matters worse , we had rain and strong winds last week , Bailey was very anxious. I gave him rescue remedy but , when we got to bed , he laid down behind Chloe ,got too close , spread his legs on her and she has been limping since , she's on Metacam now.

14+kitties
May 3rd, 2009, 05:03 PM
Aww Frenchy, I am so sorry to hear that. You know the time is right. You have hung on a lot longer than some would have. Thank you for giving her so much love since you adopted her. :grouphug:

chico2
May 3rd, 2009, 05:07 PM
Oh no Frenchy,but I know you'll do what is best for Chloe:sad:
I just wish she could have stayed with you a little longer,but the time spent with you is probably the best time she's ever had.:grouphug:

Love4himies
May 3rd, 2009, 05:24 PM
Oh no, Frenchy, I am so sorry to hear that, I was hoping she was doing better on the meds. :cry:

ancientgirl
May 3rd, 2009, 08:09 PM
Frenchy, I'm so sorry to hear about Chloe. I had hoped she'd be doing better on her meds. I can't imagine what you are going through, to have to say good by to her so soon. :sad:

Mat&Murph
May 3rd, 2009, 09:22 PM
:lovestruck: Coco and Nelly!! Looks like a good match!! :crazy:

Aww Frenchy, so sorry to hear about chole!! Was really hoping things would have helped with the meds!! She knows how much you love her and you have done EVERYTHING to make sure she has a good life!! Drooly kisses from the boys

growler~GateKeeper
May 4th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Awww Nelly & Coco are adorable together :cloud9:

:sad: I can see how thin Chloe has become :grouphug:

rainbow
May 4th, 2009, 07:47 PM
:cloud9: :lovestruck: Nelly and Coco :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Poor sweet Chloe :sad: .....big hugs for you. :grouphug:

Frenchy
May 4th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks everybody. The strangest thing happened .... came home to no puddles. :confused:

She has been on Metacam for the past 2 days , and this med is suppose to make them drink , pee , more ! Not less !!! :confused: And she hasn't been eating too much kibble but mostly satin balls for the past 3 days so ..... I don't know !! :shrug:

hazelrunpack
May 4th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Do you think it could be diet related, Frenchy? Have you tried Chloe on raw?

ancientgirl
May 5th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Do you think it could be diet related, Frenchy? Have you tried Chloe on raw?

I'd try that too. I can't help but think there has to be something out there that can help her, perhaps something natural or more organic.

Ford Girl
May 5th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Awww, those two cuddlers are super cute, they match perfectly!!!!

Hugs to you and Chloe, its so hard when each day changes...xo

Frenchy
May 5th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I got home not long ago , had to post this .... still no pee !

I don't think it's the food. This is too much of a drastic change to be caused by 2 days on satin balls. It must be the Metacam .... which totally confuses me. I will pm Doc Lee about this :thumbs up

Mat&Murph
May 5th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Let us know what he says Frenchy!!

ancientgirl
May 5th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Best of luck Frenchy! I hope this is a turning point for her.:pray:

angeldogs
May 5th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Awww Coco and Nelly cuddling how sweet is that.:lovestruck:
Poor Chloe.:grouphug:

Brandykins
May 5th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Stunning photos. Love the one with the cat. Also love the 2nd set of piccies.

Frenchy
May 5th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Best of luck Frenchy! I hope this is a turning point for her.:pray:

I don't think it is AG , the Metacam probably just covers up her cushings's symptoms. Just like the first time we went to the vet for the pee issue, she was (probably wrongly) diagnose with a UTI , was put on antibiotics and everything was fine , but the issue came back after the meds were done. Because it wasn't a UTI but cushings.

I can't give her Metacam just because it doesn't make her pee , Metacam is not a long term meds , and it can cause liver and kidney damages , which would only make things worse for Chloe.

But I'm really baffled as to why it's covering up her symptoms ... probably the steroids ? :shrug:

ancientgirl
May 5th, 2009, 08:18 PM
:sad:Frenchy, I'm so sorry. I'm grasping at straws here. I had so hoped something would help her.

BusterBoo
May 5th, 2009, 08:31 PM
:sorry: Chloe is such a gorgeous girl and I wish here was something I could say that would make it all better for you and your girl.... :shrug:

Frenchy
May 5th, 2009, 08:37 PM
:sad:Frenchy, I'm so sorry. I'm grasping at straws here. I had so hoped something would help her.

I know AG , same here :sad:

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Is there really any reason not to keep her on the Metacam, Frenchy? :o It seems to help her--might give her a little more time. In the end, it might come down to the same choice, but if she gets a little quality of life back, it might be worth it. :grouphug:

14+kitties
May 5th, 2009, 10:31 PM
:grouphug: You know we stand behind any decision you make. Hopefully Dr Lee can give you some answers/suggestions. I agree with hazel. If the Metacam is helping then what is it going to hurt keeping her on it for a while? As long as her QoL isn't compromised too much. :shrug:

rainbow
May 6th, 2009, 01:42 AM
If the Metacam is helping because it's an anti-inflammatory then maybe a natural anti-inflammatory would help instead? :shrug:

Also, if that's the case, then she should also be on a grain-free diet. :)

clm
May 6th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Great pics Frenchy. Your brindle pair really seem to like one another.
I'm sorry about Chloe. She's such a sweetie.

Cindy

chico2
May 6th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Frenchy:fingerscrfor you and little Chloe:fingerscr
I know nothing of Metacam or Cushings,but sending you both a:grouphug:

Frenchy
May 6th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Metacam would do more damage than anything ... it's very hard on their kidneys and liver. But anyway , the pee incidents have started again :shrug: and she's not limping anymore so I'm stopping the Metacam.

She is on raw , since this week end with the satin balls I made her , and LP has dropped raw meals for Chloe at my work today :thankyou: :2huggers:

So I took a decision .... I will try something else now :rolleyes: the article where I found the natural treatment had 2 different ones ... so I will try the second one , I already bought it when I bought the whole sh** load of natural stuff :cool:

Can you tell .... I'm a little bit stubborn ..... :wall: :wall: :wall:

Winston
May 6th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Hey Frenchy from what I understand MetaCam can be used for longer term use. Its just that the vets like to monitor the kidney function every six months or so. I have seen many dogs that have used it and I call it the Miracle Drug because it does wonders for many puppers! It is very expensive here. I think in the neighbourhood of $150.00 for a month or so supply!

Good Luck with option 2! and the RAW! cant hurt to try it right. :thumbs up

Hugs MF

ancientgirl
May 6th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Good luck Frenchy! I think it's a good idea to try every avenue you have open right now. :pray:

hazelrunpack
May 6th, 2009, 08:36 PM
:fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes:

Hope it works!!!!

cpietra16
May 6th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Ah Frenchy, this is sad to hear. Chloe looks so tired in the picture...:sad:

Rottielover
May 7th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I am so sorry I am posting so late on this thread, just got my Comp back :) The 2 brindles are really gorgeous together, an miss Chloe, I wish you could talk and let everyone know what would help.
Frenchy is right, she is not herself, normally I go over and she and bailey are the first ones to greet hoping for food, this time nothing, all she did was sleep.
I really hope you can find something that works, If not rest in knowing you have done more than 90% of the pet owners out there to keep her happy and comfortable.
Come on Chloe we are all routing for you :)

chico2
May 7th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Frenchy,:fingerscr:goodvibes:for Chloe and you:lovestruck:

Mat&Murph
May 7th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I hope something works for you 2. It has been a long road for both of you. Sending good thoughts and drooly kisses Chole!!!!

rainbow
May 7th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Good luck Frenchy ......I hope you find something to help Chloe. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

clm
May 7th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Metacam would do more damage than anything ... it's very hard on their kidneys and liver. But anyway , the pee incidents have started again :shrug: and she's not limping anymore so I'm stopping the Metacam.

She is on raw , since this week end with the satin balls I made her , and LP has dropped raw meals for Chloe at my work today :thankyou: :2huggers:

So I took a decision .... I will try something else now :rolleyes: the article where I found the natural treatment had 2 different ones ... so I will try the second one , I already bought it when I bought the whole sh** load of natural stuff :cool:

Can you tell .... I'm a little bit stubborn ..... :wall: :wall: :wall:

I would never call you stubborn. You're persistent, much nicer word. :D And your fur babies are so lucky that you are.

Cindy

14+kitties
May 7th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Frenchy, we all know you will do everything in your power to help Chloe and if nothing can be done you will let her have her rest. None of us doubt that, ever. :grouphug: She is soooooo lucky to have landed in your loving hands. :cloud9: