Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Recent randoms and an update

erykah1310
May 2nd, 2009, 02:46 PM
I don't really feel like making 2 threads so here is the updates in a nutshell followed by some pics

-First off, I moved. Yup, finally am a homeowner now and it feels great.
-Lots to do at the new house still but taking the weekend off for me time.
-Working 6 hours from home for the next month (Kapuskasing... google map it, its far and boooring)
-Bailey was supposed to cross the bridge because he is having a hard time with the stairs, among other things, here and now has this uncontrollable shiver that comes and goes and I really feel that his quality of life is slipping away... but the day before he was scheduled for the big sleep Mr Floyd couldn't pee and ended up being rushed in to emerg for a week and unblocked, costing me a FORTUNE so B is still here, shivering isn't so bad ( may have been stress related from the move) but is not allowed many places in the new house for fear of injuries. I still think this will be his last spring. I've come to grips with it and want to ensure he passes with dignity so I will keep you all posted on him.:sad:
-The horses are moved to their new temporary home, and this barn is AMAZING, my horses are so happy there its crazy. I almost will feel bad when its time to take them back home.
-Beauty is being restarted and her trainer is amazing. She's still stubborn and throws little hissy fits but she's coming along great.
I am now taking my riding lessons on her which is great. I am learning far more than just riding by learning on a horse with "issues" as apposed to a school horse that is perfect.
*Picture break*
Beauty all tacked up for lessons, just stunning now that she is getting toned.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Horses/DSC_0399.jpg

She really hates the bit and makes this face the ENTIRE time you're riding her ( most likely has to do with her wolf teeth) the trainer has agreed to finish her on a bitless bridle, and my coach is going to show me proper way to use it. Beauty has the temperament to easily accept pressure points as apposed to a bar.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Horses/DSC_0402.jpg

- I went to see Venna at her new place last month since I was working by her and she is doing wonderful. Shes a happy little filly now.
Here's some great pics of her, mind the woolyness it was still cold and she was just starting to shed out.

"I'm so happy to see you"
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Horses/DSC_0321.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Horses/DSC_0323.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Horses/DSC_0332.jpg

- I have no recent pics of Fay just yet as well, she looks horrible partly shed out lol. but she is doing wonderful and is building some muscle and gaining some weight back, she needs her teeth floated and should be getting them done in the next week or so.

The dogs are doing well.
Kita is not sure about her new house but is settling in
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/DSC_0386.jpg

Karma is not liking the fact we have neighbors across the road and barks her fool head off all day long when she's here ( they stay at their sitters monday-thursday) but thats a breed issue. She's blowing her coat and getting quite red again. But still the prettiest TM I know.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/DSC_0390.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/DSC_0392.jpg

Plans are in the works for her hip testing this summer, but I am still totally on the fence about breeding her. She wont fininsh as a champion for a long time since she will never take group placings until she is atleast 4 or 5 ( finished growing and filling out) but it will still be fun to have her in the ring. I don't know if I want to keep her intact that long so :shrug: no big deal if I spay her, I just want to show her really.

I have another big purchase in the works ( next year some time) I fell in love with a new breed of horse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtcep55Z3w0

Yep, unicorns with out the horn... I have been talking to some breeders and have pretty much made my decision on which I will go with but want to take a drive down and see them. For those who can not see the Youtube vid google Gypsy Vanner horses. They're stunning, expensive as sin but stunning.
I got the go ahead from my man to get one so that is what I am planning on doing once things are set up here for horses.
Me and my expensive tastes.:o

And on the topic of Youtube... Yes all, I am NO LONGER a dial upper!!!:highfive: we can get highspeed wireless out here!!!! I'm surfing the net in a whole new way now lol.

I think I covered just about as much as I needed to, sorry there wasn't as many pics as I had hoped to get up but its been hard to find time to do some photography lately.

Hope everyone is doing well.

angeldogs
May 2nd, 2009, 03:17 PM
That's great that you are enjoying being a home owner.Sorry to hear about B
Glad the others are doing ok.Those Gypsy Vanners in the video are gorgeous.i wish i had the money for one.

rainbow
May 2nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
Welcome back .....long time no "see" and congratulations on buying your first home. :highfive:

Sorry to hear about Bailey ....it's never easy making the decision as I'm sure you know. :grouphug:

Kita, Karma, Beauty and Venna are looking good. :lovestruck: And, I love those shots of Venna. :D

The Gypsy Vanner horses are drop dead gorgeous. :lovestruck: Remind me of a smaller version Clydesdale. :cloud9: Good luck ...I hope your dream comes true. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Tommysmom
May 2nd, 2009, 07:53 PM
Congrats on your new home! I'm sure the furbabies will all get used to it in no time. Sorry about B though, at least you're doing what you can to balance dignity and quality of life in his last stages. I'm sure he loves you very much for everything you've done for him, too.

Lukka'sma
May 2nd, 2009, 08:44 PM
You must be thrilled to have your own home, I'm happy for you.
The animals will all adjust. Has anyone told you that TM's only bark when there is a reason, and for the TM the reasons are many.:laughing:
Great pics

hazelrunpack
May 2nd, 2009, 10:42 PM
Sorry to hear about Bailey and Mr Floyd, erykah :grouphug: It sounds like the rest of your crew are doing well, though. Is Mr Floyd recovering well? :fingerscr

Love the pics! You're right--Karma is certainly a lovely girl :flirt:

mollywog
May 2nd, 2009, 11:22 PM
nice update, you have been keeping busy!!!
I have never heard of Gypsy Vanners, are they a crossbreed? They look like a real life My Little Pony! :laughing: what style do you ride, western? I grew up with 2 QHs (English... Dressage and Hunter). fun but expensive hobby!!!

RolandsMom
May 2nd, 2009, 11:26 PM
ohh horsies. :cloud9::cloud9: beautiful pics. And I love the 'posing' going on!'. your dogs are gorgeous. I love their coloring!

erykah1310
May 3rd, 2009, 12:03 PM
Has anyone told you that TM's only bark when there is a reason, and for the TM the reasons are many.:laughing:
Great pics
Yes I was well warned about the barking, and you're right, I don't think there is a reason for a TM not to bark. lol

erykah1310
May 3rd, 2009, 12:05 PM
Is Mr Floyd recovering well? :fingerscr

Yes he is, he has to go back next week for his follow up urinalysis to make sure he isn't forming more crystals and they had put him on the Hills prescription diet:yuck: but I couldn't with a clear conscience feed it to him, he's still eating his regular food with some wellness canned for added moisture, I'm very curious to see what happens with his next test.

erykah1310
May 3rd, 2009, 12:10 PM
I have never heard of Gypsy Vanners, are they a crossbreed? They look like a real life My Little Pony! :laughing: what style do you ride, western? I grew up with 2 QHs (English... Dressage and Hunter). fun but expensive hobby!!!

GV's are quite the controversial "breed" in the horse world, especially when you factor in the price of them. They are a cross between shires, clydes and a few other breeds. Completely man made as most horse breeds are.
They have a parent club so its not like talking doodles or anything and things in the horse world are completely different than in the dog world. You can breed a registered GV to a Clyde ( or another draft breed) and register as Drum horses, kind of confusing to explain online.

As for my riding discipline, right now I am focusing on learning lol. i have always ridden western pleasure and the odd time english but am taking lessons right now through a certified western coach.
Once I get my GV and it is old enough to start, I will most likely train western but mainly have it so that I can drive her and Beauty, Beauty is broke to drive as a team and has never done so solo and I really want to get a nice cutter and do some trail sleigh rides in the winter as well as wagon in the summer.

Brandykins
May 6th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Oh your horses are brilliant - love the laughing ones especially! Your dogs are lovely as well. Enjoyed the vid clip of the Vanners horses. They are beauties.

chico2
May 6th, 2009, 07:53 AM
OMG Erykah,those Gypsy horses are stunning,had to look at almost all the Videos,all horses are magnificent animals,but those are just OMG beautiful:thumbs up
Sorry to hear about Bailey but I know you'll do all you can for him,same with Mr Floyd.
I hope you are not driving 6 hours to get to work:evil:
Also congrats on your own home.
Good to hear from you again:grouphug: