Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some Spring-Flowers

chico2
May 2nd, 2009, 11:51 AM
Everything is growing great this year:thumbs up
Last year I had about 5 Magnolias,this year,the tree is full of flowers:thumbs up
The others are just your regular tulips etc...not all have opened yet.
I bought some triple-tulips in SC,but they are only budding yet.

chico2
May 2nd, 2009, 11:53 AM
A couple more..I LOVE SPRING:lovestruck::lovestruck:

pbpatti
May 2nd, 2009, 11:54 AM
It is so nice to see that spring has sprung somewhere, I especially love tulips.

Luvmypitgirls
May 2nd, 2009, 11:59 AM
Pretty pics!
The trees here still have no buds let alone flowers anywhere:sad:
Hopefully, soon, cuz everything just looks dead and dirty, it's rather depressing.

chico2
May 2nd, 2009, 12:04 PM
Aww LMPG,it will happen soon:fingerscr
I have about 50 tulips but they are not all blooming yet..

rainbow
May 2nd, 2009, 01:26 PM
I only have tulips blooming ....I thought they were almost finished but just noticed a few buds still there. :thumbs up

I love your magnolia tree :cloud9: ...they are so pretty in bloom but I wish the flowers would last longer. :yell:

chico2
May 2nd, 2009, 03:53 PM
I don't know where Airdrie is in Alta is,but the Edmonton area has had some nice weather,one of my sons live in Vermilion(boy,what a dead place that is:laughing:)and they had nice weather for a while,right pbpatti:confused:

Rainbow,yes the Magnolia blooms only a short while,but it is a pretty tree once the blooms are gone.
My Lilac will have tons of flowers,now Lilac I love!

TeriM
May 2nd, 2009, 04:59 PM
Beautiful :cloud9:. I love magnolia trees :lovestruck:.

hazelrunpack
May 2nd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Beautiful tree, chico! And I love tulips! :cloud9:

I just noticed the jonquils out front are in bloom--and one little patch of pansies survived the winter under oak leaves...they're blooming, too. :goodvibes:

Lukka'sma
May 2nd, 2009, 10:12 PM
chico I love Magnolias and Lilac's as well. I don't have a Magnolia but I do have a couple of white Lilac trees. The smell of them when we get a breeze is amazing.

Dee-O-Gee
May 2nd, 2009, 10:18 PM
I love the Magnolia--they're absolutely beautiful.

Unfortunately, I don't have any room in my yard for a magnolia cause I have far too many roses and yucca's :D

mollywog
May 2nd, 2009, 11:24 PM
I too love Magnolias. I can't belive the blooms you have already... we still have ice on the lakes here, and stubborn snowbanks :sad: I haven't even begun to think about flowers!!!

RolandsMom
May 2nd, 2009, 11:29 PM
wow. Beautiful flowers! :yell: wish I could plant now but have been told to wait till May long to avoid the frost (and in this town probably another few days of snow!!). Know of any hardy plants that are good to plant earlier and are okay if (or rather when) Roland decides to sample?

chico2
May 3rd, 2009, 07:07 AM
Rolandsmom,spring-bulbs get planted in the fall and once you plabt perennials they come back every year,but I am sure you know that:cat:

Lukkasmom,I have one Lilac-Bush that's been here since we bought the house 125 yrs ago:laughing:it never blooms,but hides an ugly corner.
My 3yr old Lilac has lots of flowers every year,a beautiful smell,rivaled only by my roses and Lily of The Valley(Muguet).
I usually stick my head in the Lilac-Bush:laughing:hubby was ready to call the "white-coats":laughing:

RolandsMom
May 3rd, 2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks Chico. I want to plant some annuals and herbs as we only have 2, 5 foot planters on our balcony :cry:
One day I will be asking for whole garden advice! (just waiting in anticipation for that acreage!!!)
I remember you had such beautiful flowers last summer too! you must have a very green thumb!

chico2
May 3rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
R-M,hubby says I have a"green finger":laughing:he talks funny somtimes,he's from France:laughing:
Thing's just grow,probably more luck than anything..but thank's!

Chris21711
May 3rd, 2009, 06:31 PM
Thank Dawg, finally some flower pics, I have been waiting and waiting.....normally the West Coast are blowing their horn in March making the rest of us green :laughing:

Keep 'em coming Chico, I only have 4 daffodils so far :sad:

R-M,hubby says I have a"green finger":laughing:he talks funny somtimes,he's from France:laughing:

Pepe for some inane reason only known to him, calls toes....fingers :confused: