Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

May 2009 Photo Challenge - Pets & flowers (artificial plants & flowers accepted)

rainbow
May 1st, 2009, 04:23 PM
Anyone have any new suggestions for May ?

How about our furries in the garden or furries in the yard?

Sorry Rainbow I am not very creative...:laughing:

Well spring is the start of warm season so how about panting or tongue pictures :D.

or perhaps we could just choose a colour?
Blue?
Red?

How about our furries in the garden or furries in the yard?

Sorry Rainbow I am not very creative...:laughing:

LOL, you're alot more creative than I am since I didn't have any suggestions. :laughing:

And, I like the fuzzbutts in the yard/garden suggestion as the weather has finally warmed up enough for everyone to enjoy it. :cloud9:

Well spring is the start of warm season so how about panting or tongue pictures :D.

or perhaps we could just choose a colour?
Blue?
Red?

I like the tongue/panting idea but think we should save it for one of the summer months when it's hotter. :2cents:

How about furries and flowers?

I agree with the furries and new spring flowers. Or new garden pics

Flowers would be included with yard/garden pics though. :D

Flowers would be included with yard/garden pics though. :D

but what about the kitten that are only indoor kitty's

with the warm weather coming.....what about hyper/zoomie/crazy pics.....?

Well it's still spring time, so maybe cats/dogs that need to do some spring cleaning? for example a picture with their toys strewn about or maybe some gutted up stuffies?

:shrug::D

I don't know if anyone has suggested this...
Since Spring has arrived, and since we have pets on pets.ca that don't go outside, how about "Pets laying in Sunbeams for the indoor pets, and pets enjoying the Sun for outdoor pets"?

How about just flowers and gardens?

That way we can get garden pics for outdoor pets and maybe bring some flowers or use indoor plants for indoor pets?

Flowers haven't bloomed out here yet :sad: We had snow right up to a few days ago:rolleyes:

Flowers haven't bloomed out here yet :sad: We had snow right up to a few days ago:rolleyes:

LOL, that's worse than us ....we only have flowers out front as the dogs would destroy any out back. The only ones that have bloomed are the tulips are they're almost done. :sad:

I like your sun and sunbeam idea though. :thumbs up

"April showers bring May flowers" Why not have pets and flowers for the theme, but say the flowers don't have to be real? So a cat sitting on a blanket with a flower design or next to an artificial flower would count?

oh I like the flower theme, have tons of my pets/rescues with my flowers

marko
May 2nd, 2009, 09:48 AM
Ok then - Pets and flowers seems to be a good compromise.
Artificial flowers and plants accepted!

Ok then who is posting first?

sugarcatmom
May 2nd, 2009, 12:16 PM
Aztec looking out the window:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/aztec_egypt/Aztec-flowers.jpg

pbpatti
May 2nd, 2009, 12:55 PM
I will have to wait for my dandilions to grow first:laughing:

Rick C
May 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
Ridge walking with Abby . . . . the wildflowers in this place will be spectacular in mid-June. So are the flies and mosquitoes so go on a windy day.

http://www.goldentales.ca/CSC_0625-edit1.jpg

Keeper and wind blown mountain flowers

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0628-edit1.jpg

Below, Abby walking a lake shore after a soaking . . . . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_1044-edit1.jpg

Abby in some flowers in our yard . . . . . the cow skull came from the valley, where there are many.

http://www.goldentales.ca/P1080843_edited-2.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Lukka'sma
May 2nd, 2009, 10:21 PM
those are fantastic Rick, your photos just blow me away

hazelrunpack
May 2nd, 2009, 11:43 PM
Super shots, Rick! :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
May 2nd, 2009, 11:47 PM
SCM, I love that shot of Aztec! He's so handsome! :flirt:

rainbow
May 2nd, 2009, 11:49 PM
Rick, beautiful shots as usual. :lovestruck:

sugarcatmom, I love that pic of Aztec. :cloud9: Was it a bug or a bird that caught his eye? :D

growler~GateKeeper
May 3rd, 2009, 02:22 AM
Here's Duffy with the Lavendar plant before it was moved to my mum's garden.

and here's Duffy with some "artificial flowers" :D my suncatchers on the sliding glass door ;)

CearaQC
May 3rd, 2009, 06:53 AM
Rick, excellent shot with the fireweed (the purple flower)! I don't recognize the yellow alpine though. It's awful pretty.

RolandsMom
May 3rd, 2009, 11:39 AM
Willis (first pic) and Roland lazing on the balcony. Not surprisingly Roland is trying to eat the plant rather than just let it be. hehe

CarolynInPEI
May 3rd, 2009, 02:39 PM
Here is a pic from last spring. Monty and I were gone for a drive and I noticed a huge field of dandelions so I decided to get a pic of him surrounded by them. I didn't realize that I had changed the settings on my camera to e-mail size so they didn't turn out very good. But I still love the pics because they are of Monty. I just wish I could put some new ones of him on here:sad:
And if I one have only known it was going to be his last spring I would have taken so many more pics of him with flowers....:sad:

chico2
May 3rd, 2009, 05:03 PM
Great pics everyone,all those Dandelions look like it does in Oakville:laughing:
Here are a few pics,but they are from last year.

14+kitties
May 3rd, 2009, 05:09 PM
All of those pics are so sweet!! I wish I had some of my kitties with flowers but I don't. So sad.
Keep them coming!!!

horsesinusa
May 3rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
:dog::pawprint:here is Pepsi my deer chihuahua in the flowers!

so do you win something of this just for fun I love pic games they are so fun I have not been here very long but I LOVE this place I did go to petlovers.com but this is way funner so who is the owner?

:pawprint::dog::pawprint::dog::pawprint::dog::pawp rint::dog::pawprint::dog::pawprint::dog:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn220/oregonoutdoordude/Shannon/IMG_7333.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn220/oregonoutdoordude/Shannon/IMG_7334.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn220/oregonoutdoordude/Shannon/IMG_7335.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn220/oregonoutdoordude/Shannon/IMG_7336.jpg

breeze
May 3rd, 2009, 06:38 PM
flowers are not in bloom yet..:sad: but here are some baby plant

horsesinusa
May 4th, 2009, 12:32 AM
flowers are not in bloom yet..:sad: but here are some baby plant

cute pup!!!!!!!

marko
May 4th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Wow these are some beautiful pics everyone!!! Woweee! Excellent!! :highfive:

jazzypuppycuts
May 4th, 2009, 01:13 PM
This is Kya my lab/shepherd/border collie mix puppy. She is now 8 months old, but is only about 6 weeks old in this picture. I just love this picture. I got to capture a great moment in time.

And this is Chevy a big beautiful Newfoundland. He is not my dog, but I groomed him a couple times and cared for him. This is him enjoying a nap on the porch at the cottage looking at the beauitufl lake view.51570

Melinda
May 4th, 2009, 03:15 PM
not a pet *L* another rescue, this was "Ryan" the gosseling, unfortunately after a month in rescue he passed on....but he loved going through our flowers cleaning out the bugs.
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/100_3679.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/100_3678.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/100_3667.jpg

Ilovmycatahoula
May 4th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Stella, 3 months Catahoula bulldog :ca:

Melinda
May 4th, 2009, 04:34 PM
these are all such gorgeous pictures, most of them are calendar material....now theres an idea, a calendar of pets.ca pets for charity...something to think about..no?

breeze
May 4th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I agree Melinda.

these are all wonderful beautiful pictures. :thumbs up and so cheery with all the beautiful flowers!!!:lovestruck::cloud9:

now we have to get this thread on page "2" so that hazel can post pictures of the pack..:)

Melinda
May 4th, 2009, 04:42 PM
so if we keep posting....it will flip the page? *L*

breeze
May 4th, 2009, 04:43 PM
so if we keep posting....it will flip the page? *L*

I think so..

chico2
May 4th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Wow,they are all great pics:thumbs up
Melinda,love the little gosling,but sad that he died:sad:
Are we at page 2 yet??

chico2
May 4th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Maybeif I can find another pic:confused:
No flowers,but the grass is green:laughing:

breeze
May 4th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Kitty kisses :cloud9::lovestruck:

here is one more from me

breeze
May 4th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Marko where is your picture of your beautiful eyed kitty??

breeze
May 4th, 2009, 05:12 PM
ok so it takes 30 postes to change a page hopfuly this will change the page and hazel can post pictures :fingerscr:goodvibes:

chico2
May 4th, 2009, 05:14 PM
It worked,come on Hazel:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
May 4th, 2009, 05:21 PM
WooooHoooo! :highfive:

Thanks, chico and breeze! Finally on a new page! :thumbs up

Here are a few pics...one old, two new. The old one is Cass enjoying the zinnias in the garden a few summers back:
You'll notice she takes the rule about not going in the garden very seriously :rolleyes:

:p

More recently, Macie enjoys smelling the flowers while checking for Dangerous Butterflies to chase off:

Grace, on the other hand, waits till the Hazel Run Mama is distracted while admiring the pansies, then swoops in for a quick nibble :laughing:

hazelrunpack
May 4th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Ms Macie is our biggest flower fan, though.

Sometimes she's hangin' out by the flowers to protect the grounds from the Dangerous Butterflies that frequent the gardens (she's very proud that in all her years of vigilance, there have been no butterfly-related injuries among the Pack members :D):

But sometimes, she just really seems to get into smelling the flowers. :cloud9:

breeze
May 4th, 2009, 05:36 PM
:cloud9: three of your pretty girls and pretty flowers :cloud9::cloud9:

I'm glad you were able to post the pictures.:thumbs up

wdawson
May 5th, 2009, 09:41 PM
here's my three guys....well three of six.

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2009, 09:52 PM
George is looking good, Wayne :flirt:

Maggie is so grown up :lovestruck:--and Beathoven...why is Beathoven hiding in the bushes? :confused: :laughing: He looks so cute in there--think he's imagining himself on a safari through the jungle? :cloud9:

wdawson
May 5th, 2009, 09:55 PM
George is looking good, Wayne :flirt:

Maggie is so grown up :lovestruck:--and Beathoven...why is Beathoven hiding in the bushes? :confused: :laughing: He looks so cute in there--think he's imagining himself on a safari through the jungle? :cloud9:

george is doing ok,maggie is grown up now,bea thinks he's hiding from maggie :laughing:

breeze
May 5th, 2009, 10:25 PM
george is doing ok,maggie is grown up now,bea thinks he's hiding from maggie :laughing:

George looks good wd and maggie is still cute as a button.. now Bea you are not wearing camouflage so how are you going to hide from your girlfriend maggie?? hummmmmm..
Great pictures!!!:thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
May 5th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Ah George looks like such a handsome guy :cloud9:

Maggie looks great sporting her pretty pink haulster :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
May 5th, 2009, 10:29 PM
PapaD--I forgot to ask...is Beathoven the little guy sitting under the trees? :shrug:

Dee-O-Gee
May 5th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Whoot Whoot!!! PAGE 2 :crazy:

Bring on the pack Madame :thumbs up :lightbulb:

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I was wondering if Bea was hiding from the indomitable Ms Maggie! :laughing: Does the little vixen go looking for him?

:goodvibes: for George!

klm--posts 33 and 34 above. :D

Dee-O-Gee
May 5th, 2009, 11:00 PM
klm--posts 33 and 34 above. :D

O.K. I'm such a :loser::loser:

I had my page setting to 40 posts/page :o

I just saw the ladies of the pack :lovestruck: Georgous girls :cloud9:

wdawson
May 5th, 2009, 11:02 PM
PapaD--I forgot to ask...is Beathoven the little guy sitting under the trees? :shrug:

yea he's the little 80 pounder under the tree:D

Dee-O-Gee
May 5th, 2009, 11:04 PM
yea he's the little 80 pounder under the tree:D

Well he looks quite comfy under the shade--very handsome :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2009, 11:25 PM
80 pounds!!! I would never have guessed he was that big! :eek: I was thinking maybe 60 :o

And yet he hides from Ms Maggie! :laughing: Silly boy! Just sit on her! :dog:

rainbow
May 6th, 2009, 01:59 AM
I missed a couple of days :o .... and now there are too many posts to comment about individually but they are all too cute. :cloud9:

these are all such gorgeous pictures, most of them are calendar material....now theres an idea, a calendar of pets.ca pets for charity...something to think about..no?

I agree ....that's a great idea. :thumbs up

ownedbycats
May 8th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Her's my contribution to this challenge. First, Sunshine having fun with the dandelions.

ownedbycats
May 8th, 2009, 07:48 AM
And the other bbaby of the family, MooBoots, investigating Mom's flowers (cats on the table are not ordinarily allowed but the pictures were too cute to pass up)

CarolynInPEI
May 10th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Here is some pictures of Hank and Little Devil checking out the flowers that my mother got for mother's day.

You may notice that some of the leaves are not in very good shape....that's because Hank was chewing on them last night!!!

CarolynInPEI
May 10th, 2009, 12:59 PM
A few more...

otter
May 10th, 2009, 02:02 PM
OH, Such cute pics!

Well, Nolie arrived just in time to see the first, and only, sign of spring in my yard.....

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_IQVP0j2YCM8/Sgb8-V14mUI/AAAAAAAAC3Y/SMIll05GweY/s512/IMG_4876.JPG

Mat&Murph
May 10th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Awww nolie looks great otter!! Everybody is hounding for pics of Nolie!!!

chico2
May 10th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Carolyn,awww 2 black kitties,love'em:lovestruck:

Otter,Nolie looks just beautiful,so lucky to find a home with you:lovestruck:

Mat&Murph
May 11th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Here is Murphy looking at my motherday flowers

Bailey_
May 11th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Omg, m&m, so cute!!!

Mat&Murph
May 12th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks Bailey

Marko, I notice you didn't put up any Kitty pics for us!! Breeze asked a while ago :)

luckypenny
May 12th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I love this thread :cloud9:.

I'm guessing we have a lot in common with other dog owners...not much more than dandelions growing out of several patches of grass in our yard :D.

Penny, Ava, and Lucky :cloud9:.

Mat&Murph
May 12th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Aww LP, Great pics!!! :cloud9:

rainbow
May 12th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Wonderful pics of everyone's fuzzbutts with the flowers. :cloud9: :thumbs up

Luckypenny, dandelions count in my world too. :D Hubby just mowed the lawn the other day so now I have to wait until they grow again so I can get some pics. :laughing:

chico2
May 12th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Oakville is covered in DandeLions:evil:
LP,Love the pics,they all look so happy to finally be out on green grass,no snow:thumbs up

marko
May 19th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Wow - fun images everyone :highfive:

Ziglet was a real pain this month and this was the best pose we could get out of him. What an ingrate:D

Mat&Murph
May 19th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Awwww GREAT pic Marko!!! :lovestruck: :cloud9:

RolandsMom
May 19th, 2009, 11:43 AM
lol. he looks none too happy about that one either Marko.
What lovely pictures everyone. bring on the spring! It hasnt quite arrived here in Calgary just yet....but its coming, I know it is!

mollywog
May 19th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Unfortunately I don't have many that fall into this category... Green grass will have to do for now!!! :o
1. My parents Siamese, Simba (:rip:) a couple years back.
2. My parents Siamese, Phoebe
3. Molly loving her ball in some lush green grass!

mollywog
May 19th, 2009, 08:01 PM
oh, and I forgot to mention- BEAUTIFUL pictures, everyone!!!!! I really think these are some of the best ones I've seen in a Pets.ca photo challenge yet!! :thumbs up

glasslass
May 25th, 2009, 06:32 PM
All the photos have been sweet. Can't resist dragging out this oldie of Den-Den 3 as a puppy running with a flower. He was 3 mos. in this pic and lived to be 18y.

Diamondsmum
May 25th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Diamond Discovered a Lilac sprig After I had cut them for my House (I must of dropped it)

chico2
May 26th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Wonderful pics everyone:thumbs up
Den-Den and his flower:lovestruck:he lived to be 18,wow,he must have had a great life:dog:
Diamond knows a good perfume,obviously loves the smell of Lilac as much as we do:lovestruck:

glasslass
May 26th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Diamond looks like the lilac scent put her in sweet dreams heaven.

Thanks, Chico!

rainbow
May 29th, 2009, 04:24 AM
marko, the reason handsome Ziglet looks so ticked off is because you are making him wear pink. :laughing:

mollywog, love the closeup of Simba :cloud9: and Phoebe & Molly look great. :lovestruck:

glasslass, awwwww .....cute puppy Den-Den. :cloud9:

Diamondsmum, such sweet pics of Diamond with the lilacs. :lovestruck:

3GirlsDad
May 29th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Looks like i barely made it in for the month. Oh well Im new to the site and still finding places here. Ive got some of my girls. These are from last fall when my Belleau was still a baby.....

3GirlsDad
May 29th, 2009, 02:51 PM
OOOPS I found one more I couldnt resist posting.

rainbow
May 29th, 2009, 02:55 PM
3GirlsDad, awwww....your girls are so adorable. :cloud9:

I love the third pic of the one resting herself on the stumps. :D

chico2
May 29th, 2009, 04:37 PM
OMG,they are just adorable,I can see why you could not stop at one:laughing:

TeriM
May 30th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Love all these wonderful pictures :cloud9:. Here are some of my crew :D.

TeriM
May 30th, 2009, 02:12 AM
and some more :D.

growler~GateKeeper
May 30th, 2009, 02:45 AM
great pics everyone :thumbs up too many to comment on them all

Teri love the 3 flavour lab pic :lovestruck: & the 1st of Fred on the fence :lovestruck:

rainbow
May 30th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Wonderful pics Teri :thumbs up

I love Lucy on the path :lovestruck: and baby Lucy is so adorable :cloud9: .....looks like she's wondering if she's going to be in trouble for putting her paws in the flower box. :D

Fred look so regal sitting on the fence. :lovestruck:

The three flavour lab pic is :cool: and the one of Riley with his ear flung back is too cute. :D

TeriM
May 30th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Thanks growler and rainbow :).

TeriM
May 30th, 2009, 03:03 AM
:cloud9: .....looks like she's wondering if she's going to be in trouble for putting her paws in the flower box. :D

Actually she was waiting for me to turn around so she could pull out the flowers :laughing:.

rainbow
May 30th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Actually she was waiting for me to turn around so she could pull out the flowers :laughing:.

LOL ....did she succeed? :D

TeriM
May 30th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Yes :D. If memory serves that was a very problematic summer for the flowers :laughing:. I remember planting flowers and turning around to take the ones she had already pulled out from her mouth to replant again and so on ....... :frustrated: :laughing: :lovestruck:.

chico2
May 30th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Teri,Fred is just gorgeous :lovestruck::lovestruck:
and the pups,beautiful!!
A Lab,color-spectrum,add a field of flowers and it's perfect:thumbs up

sugarcatmom
May 30th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Aztec in his new "flower bed":

http://gi254.photobucket.com/groups/hh104/5MMN7RCY5Q/flower-bed-full-size.jpg
http://gi254.photobucket.com/groups/hh104/5MMN7RCY5Q/flower-bed-nap.jpg

Face smooshed into one of the "petals" with the glazed look of a catnip buzz (he's hardly left his bed all day):

http://gi254.photobucket.com/groups/hh104/5MMN7RCY5Q/flower-bed-buzz.jpg

pbpatti
May 30th, 2009, 11:20 PM
All of these pictures are so good. Thanks for sharing.

rainbow
May 31st, 2009, 12:00 AM
Sugarcatmom, is the bed supposed to be a sunflower? :D

Aztec sure seems to like it and I love the last closeup shot. :cloud9:

chico2
May 31st, 2009, 08:37 AM
SCM,love Aztec,lucky boy to have such a nice furry bed:cat:
The close-up is beautiful,does he really have green eyes?

sugarcatmom
May 31st, 2009, 12:16 PM
Sugarcatmom, is the bed supposed to be a sunflower? :D

Either that or a tabby-eyed daisy. :laughing:

The close-up is beautiful,does he really have green eyes?

Indeed he does, the kind of eyes that DH can't say no to when Aztec wants a treat. :rolleyes:

onster
May 31st, 2009, 12:37 PM
Absolutely love all the photos.

Here's my contribution this month! I already posted these in the photo section a while ago but anyhooo here they are again :).

rainbow
May 31st, 2009, 12:39 PM
Either that or a tabby-eyed daisy. :laughing:

:laugh::laugh: LOL ....too funny. :D

Indeed he does, the kind of eyes that DH can't say no to when Aztec wants a treat. :rolleyes:

And, I can see why .....they are gorgeous. :cloud9:

rainbow
May 31st, 2009, 12:42 PM
Onster, those are beautiful pics of Onnie. :lovestruck: I love how he stares so intently at you. :cloud9:

But where's Bunduk? :yell:

mollywog
May 31st, 2009, 01:10 PM
Beautiful closeup, Sugarcatmom! :thumbs up :lovestruck:

mollywog
May 31st, 2009, 01:12 PM
Onster- I second both of Rainbow's comments! Beautiful Onnie- his coat looks so healthy! But where IS Bunduk!???? :shrug: :sad:

onster
May 31st, 2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks rainbow and mollywog!
As for bunduk..look closely at the 1st pic :p He's there :cool: Bunduk wasnt happy cuz he was on a new leash/harness.

chico2
May 31st, 2009, 05:28 PM
He certainly looks like a beautiful tabby,in our house it's Vinnies eyes that always get us,he looks at as and out comes the treats for everyone:laughing:

LitZer
January 20th, 2010, 10:48 AM
This coming May will be my relaxation month, and I can't wait that time comes. I am so stressed in work, and I want to have some silent place that I can go with my love ones. Before that, I am going to buy first some artificial plants today for my fish tank. Artificial Trees