May 1st, 2009, 12:55 AM
my puppy tabby is at the vet as l write for help, she was fine all day running around and playing with her sister, and then just fell to the ground, start shaking and went all lip and wanted to vote, we took her straight to the vet and they are doing test now, ok my concerns are that over the past 3 months she has had 4 opps on her belly, it all started with her getting cherry eye in her left eye and need to be opp on, so we got that done and at the same time, got her spade, went to pick her up that afyer noon and found that they had done both eyes without asking us first. anyway 2 days later she got sicker and was now infected in the belly due to the stiching, so the vet said, so she had to be re-done again. 2 weeks later same thing happened again and this time she had to have a bigger opp and remove dead tissue from her belly, more pills and we took her home. took her back 6 days later with her belly coming out of her and she was re-done again, now up to 20 stichers, 2 lots of pills every day. * now before anyone ask we look after our puppys like real child, so they were nurse everyday 24/7. now 6 days after that opp she was great running eatting playing and getting back ro her oldself and then this happened, the vet said it has nothing to do with all the 4 opps she has had in the last 3 months, but im starting to think and worry that isnt the truth, guys members l need to help and advice urgently so l can go and save my puppy. please help us. thanks john and pete
May 1st, 2009, 06:39 AM
if it were possible i would get another vets opinion
I am not sure where you live but if you post your area, maybe someone
knows of one
May 1st, 2009, 10:03 AM
Too many operations, too many meds, And sounds like a very ignorant or uncaring greedy vet!! How much can that poor pup take---I feel so bad for it! And how dare they operate (on the other eye) without your permission!:mad::sad:
I hope you are trying to boost her immune system through very good nutrition and needs probiotics because of all the d--n meds--prob. needs Vitamin b, c, etc.
May 1st, 2009, 10:18 AM
I would be taking your precious pup to a different vet.
May 1st, 2009, 11:29 AM
Time for another Vet!! Poor baby!! Hope all will work out for you guys!!
May 1st, 2009, 06:47 PM
A new vet is in order without delay!
May 1st, 2009, 07:21 PM
I agree it is time to get your pup away from that vet and to a new one. Something sure isn't right. Doing the spay and the cherry eye at the same time is fine but he should have called you about the second eye. How old was the pup when she was spayed? Infections can occur from a spay but to the point where she had to be opened right up again and that there was dead tissue makes me quite concerned. I know things can happen but something just doesn't feel right about this vet.
Like Jim said if you can let us know the city your in someone may be able to recomend a good vet to go to.
Hugs and kisses to your little one.
May 4th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Just so we're clear...
Your dog had an eye infection in one eye, was surgically treated for Cherry Eye in both eye and was spayed. Correct?
Your Vet may or may not have done a good job but that's not the most important issue. Your dog isn't well. Given that it's a puppy there may be a few things going on. Vaccinations? Exposure to other any other puppies?
Most importantly, has she been tested for MRSA?
Please do so before you go to another Vet.