Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Czari's appointment Friday

ancientgirl
April 30th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Tomorrow I take Czari to the vet to have her teeth cleaned. Between that corporate run and her appointment, I'm a nervous wreck.

I'm going to take her in around 7:30-8:00. It's a drop off kind of thing, but I told them I wanted to talk to the vet who will be examining her before the dental cleaning. She has a scab on her chin, I've only just a day ago been able to look at. I want that looked at as I have no clue if it's a scab from maybe a scratch or something else.

I also want to be there so they can tell me if she may need any teeth taken out, which I hope she doesn't. I know she'll be really scared so the last thing I want is for her to have to deal with the pain of a tooth/teeth extraction. I don't think she will need any. She's been eating very well, and I don't notice any drooling or anything so hopefully she's okay.

I'm going to leave her there for a few hours after the procedure, just to make sure she has no problems with the anesthesia. I really hope she'll be okay. :pray:

bendyfoot
April 30th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Sometimes it's hard to know for sure if a kitty needs teeth removed until they're sedated and the cleaning has started...the teeth may look great until you start cleaning under the gumline, where hidden issues might be lurking. If it's any consolation, our senior HRH Boo had two teeth removed a few months ago, and she did just great! Your little one is going to be just fine :grouphug:

ancientgirl
April 30th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Bendy, she's about 5 or 6, not really senior but not a young cat. I'm just nervous for her to be under. I keep telling myself she'll be okay. She's a healthy cat so there's no reason for anything to go wrong. I'll be happy once it's over with and she's home.

14+kitties
April 30th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Lots of :fingerscr and :goodvibes: for Czari tomorrow. And for Mom too! :thumbs up

rainbow
April 30th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Hope all goes well for Czari tomorrow. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Winston
April 30th, 2009, 04:49 PM
AG Good luck with Czari tomorrow! I am sure she will be just fine. Sending good thoughts your way!! :thumbs up

How is Czari with getting into a carrier? :eek:

chico2
April 30th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Vinnie is telling Czari not to be a suck,he had a tooth pulled and a growth removed,no problem except was he ever mad when he came home:laughing:
He stayed all day at the vets and it's true,they can really check for problems when the cat is under.
Don't worry A-G,but I know that's easier said than done:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
April 30th, 2009, 09:42 PM
:goodvibes: for Czari's cleaning tomorrow!!

:fingerscr that she won't have any unexpected problems!

And a big :grouphug: for mom cuz it's so hard not to worry! :o

Luvmypitgirls
May 1st, 2009, 01:35 AM
Hope things go well for Czari, and hope you survive all the stress!
Good luck with the corporate run too!

Love4himies
May 1st, 2009, 08:11 AM
good luck today!

14+kitties
May 1st, 2009, 08:49 AM
Lotsa' luck today Czari and AG!! :thumbs up

ancientgirl
May 1st, 2009, 10:21 AM
Bah! After all this time and all the worrying, I had to cancel!

I hadn't anticipated on getting back from the corporate run so late. I'd left them with food, and thought I'd be home by 9:00. I didn't wind up getting home until 10:30, well after she was supposed to stop eating.

I didn't want to take the chance she'd eaten after 9:00pm, so I am going to have to reschedule.

I did take her to get her nails trimmed and have this scab under her chin looked at. It's either a fungus, which they gave me medication for, or if it doesn't get better we will have to get it biopsied. The vet said it may have been a bug bite or something she irritated. It could be. I see tiny ants sometimes and I had a but in here not long ago. :fingerscr that's all it is.

Sorry for the false alarm about the cleaning guys. I really wanted to get this over with and know her mouth is okay. But I'm rescheduling for some time this month.

TeriM
May 1st, 2009, 07:43 PM
I'm sure beautiful Czari wasn't disappointed with the cancelation :D.

Hope her chin is nothing serious :goodvibes:.

ancientgirl
May 1st, 2009, 07:51 PM
I'd like to get it done this month though. I need to call and see when the dental vet is there again next.

She's actually been cooperative letting me clean her chin. They gave me some pads and some anti-fungal cream. Hopefully that will do the trick.

rainbow
May 1st, 2009, 07:59 PM
So Czarina gets a bit of a reprieve on the dental surgery ....I'm sure she doesn't mind at all. :D

Fingrs crossed here that the fungal cream gets rid of her chin owie. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
May 1st, 2009, 08:37 PM
I really wish I'd taken her in sooner about that. She hadn't allowed me to look at it, and only a couple of days ago was I able to really get a look at it and touch it better.

The vet tech said the vet that looked at it said she didn't think it was anything serious, but I have an appointment with their regular vet on Monday evening. I want her to have a look at it and give me her opinion.