Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

german shepherd pup with heart murmur

newkid
August 9th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Hello. We are considering adopting a four month old german shepherd pup who has a heart murmur. She is from a breeder who is willing to let us adopt her for a much smaller fee due to her condition. The breeder says she is alert, playful, potty trained and would make a great pet.

I am concerned about her heart. Any advice?

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 11:11 AM
numerous threads about the same issue gets VERY confusing!! :confused: People will respond!! :D

newkid
August 9th, 2004, 12:25 PM
I'm new. Shoot me for asking for help.

Forget it, I'll go elsewhere.

Jeeze. :(

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 12:26 PM
That post wasn't meant to be witchy!!! That's the reason for the happy face! :D <---SEE!!!

newkid
August 9th, 2004, 12:30 PM
your comment about numerous threads was witchey sounding as you put it.

I am obviously new (check out the username) so, again, due to your comment and the lack of ANY CONSTRUCTIVE information I say thanks but no thanks I dont need this crap.

Just had a question and THOUGHT I was in the right place to ask.

again, JEEZE.

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Well NEWKID, since you're NEW I was giving you information about how multiple threads are confusing...take it as you will. I don't need to defend myself to you! :rolleyes:

heidiho
August 9th, 2004, 12:34 PM
ALL sounds so familiar..

newkid
August 9th, 2004, 12:38 PM
dont you get it? Telling me not to do something that I didn't mean to do in the first place.

That isn't helping someone who is new.

A simple "did you mean to post twice? I saw this post (here) and (here)" would have been a kinder and more costructive way to say it. You did sound nasty and it was not meant that way fine, but I am simply trying to tell you you did sound that way.

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Hello. We have been searching for our new pet for sometime now, and the four month old pup we are in love with has a heart murmur. Owner said she has been told that the pup does not need medication and she said puppy is happy, active and shows no signs.
We are nervous about adopting this dog in case something like this could be fatal or end up costing us tons of money. Does anyone have further information on this?
Any help would be appreciated!

This is your other thread.

Hello. We are considering adopting a four month old german shepherd pup who has a heart murmur. She is from a breeder who is willing to let us adopt her for a much smaller fee due to her condition. The breeder says she is alert, playful, potty trained and would make a great pet.
I am concerned about her heart. Any advice?

This is this thread. Note the difference? Therefore my comment about numerous posts are confusing still stands and you DID mean to post 2 times because they are different. GEEEZ!!!

newkid
August 9th, 2004, 01:01 PM
I have already said that. They are different, yes. I posted. Went back to look for it and couldn't find it (while searching around other health related sites). I came back and as I said I could not find my post, so I thought I had done something wrong and posted again.

Made a simple mistake. Keep telling you that.

newkid
August 9th, 2004, 01:04 PM
You are really being silly cutting and pasting my posts. I made a frigging mistake (an honest one at that) and you are going out of your way to make excuses for yourself. Have you noticed that not once did you offer any dog related advise or comments? Not once?

Real helpful.

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Whatever - do you know Kibbles?

Dog related advice, well.. I would do some research and discuss with your vet about the possibilities of what the future mighthold for this puppy and weigh you options. I would decide if you're willing to pay the 600 dollars for the ultrasound. If that's a no, then don't get the dog. This animal could potentially need a lot of help along the way and if you're not going to pay 600 for the ultrasound then please let someone that is willing to pay for any potential heart problems in the future have this dog.

glasslass
August 9th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Newkid, you need to lose that chip on your shoulder if you are wanting advice. Just say Ok, thanks, sorry. It's enough. No one here is trying to antagonize you. We just get a lot of multiple posts and it does get confusing and repetitious for all members to try to follow them all simultaneously. Sammiec was trying to be helpful..

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks Lassie: :D I thought I took my witchy pill this morning!! :rolleyes:

newkid
August 9th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Was "Kibbles" aimed at me? I will do a search and see what it is, but after speaking extensively with several vets and breeders, I cannot risk adopting potention heart problems. Although she is spectacular, I will go back to searching gsd's on the shelter listings.

THANK YOU for the advice that is ALL I ever wanted. I do NOT have a chip on my sholder! I was very anxious to get some advice on this condition and had been on the phone and computer ALL morning and not getting anywhere. If you had offered the above advice along with the "reprimanding" (which is what it DID sound like to me anyways) I would have said "oops sorry didn't mean to" and that would have been that. But as I had said, no advice just the "dont do that". :confused:

read it again. put yourself in my shoes. I think you will agree.

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 01:47 PM
numerous threads about the same issue gets VERY confusing!! People will respond!! :D Again note the happy face!

Not sure how you can misconstrue that into me being a witch with you? All it simply says is that multile threads are confusing...and a HAPPY face!

Cactus Flower
August 9th, 2004, 01:57 PM
I'm new. Shoot me for asking for help.

Forget it, I'll go elsewhere.

Wow, if you are that easily dissuaded from finding information, perhaps you really ought to look for a healthier pup.

A simple "did you mean to post twice? I saw this post (here) and (here)" would have been a kinder and more costructive way to say it

A simple "oops, sorry about that, I thought I'd lost my first thread" would have been a kinder and more constructive way to respond.

newkid
August 9th, 2004, 02:04 PM
I said I would "go elsewhere" for information I did not say forget it I don't want the dog
THIS IS EXACTLY THE TYPE OF REACTION I am referring to that is so NOT helpful.

I asked for help. Inadvertantly posted twice and got shot down over and over again for doing so without once getting ANY advice until just a moment ago (thank you).

Cactus read what I said will you?

Cactus Flower
August 9th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Hey, I've got a great site that I think you'll just LOVE!

www.IjustFeelLikeArguing.com

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 02:10 PM
You keep insisting that I was rude to you. I have tried to explain myself -which I said I would not do... but that's merely to try and help you out with this dog. You keep reverting back to how you "accidently" posted twice, get over it, it's done. All you want to talk about how I was "rude" to you!!!

Lucky Rescue
August 9th, 2004, 02:28 PM
O.K. Newkid, your question is being discussed on the Ask the Vet forum, so I am pulling the plug on this, since it's going nowhere.