Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

They're out part 2

14+kitties
April 25th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Skitty saying No Mom, I'm ok really. I think I'll just stay up here where it's nice and safe....
Tinker chelaxing under the trees.
The back side of the catuary.

14+kitties
April 25th, 2009, 06:04 PM
This is the idea hubby came up with to keep kitties in and make it look better.
Brownie under the house.
Is the grass greener over there do you think?

14+kitties
April 25th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Brownie again....
Ms Atty wanted nothing to do with going outside!
And proof she really didn't want to go out. :rolleyes:
That's it for now. Should keep all the catty cat followers happy for a while. :D

Chris21711
April 25th, 2009, 06:19 PM
You and Hubby have done a fantastic job 14k....it is wonderful that you go to so much trouble and expense taking care of these beautiful animals :grouphug:

rainbow
April 25th, 2009, 06:27 PM
You and Hubby have done a fantastic job 14k....it is wonderful that you go to so much trouble and expense taking care of these beautiful animals :grouphug:

I agree :angel: :grouphug: .....I just showed this to hubby and even he thought it was cool. Lucky kitties to have such a wonderful place. :cloud9:

Love4himies
April 25th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I showed this to my hubby and he can't believe the wonderful job you guys did for these kitties.

Great job Mrs 14+ and Mr. 14+

krdahmer
April 25th, 2009, 08:44 PM
That's a good size gash! Bet they're all back in the house by now since it's raining pretty good!:cool:

hazelrunpack
April 25th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Owie! :eek: Don't you hate it when Ms Atty turns out to be serious? :o She looks seriously p-o'd in that pic, too. :cat:

Wow, the catuary is so much bigger than I pictured it! What a great haven you and Mr 14+ have made for these sweeties :cloud9:

Nice job! :highfive: And :thankyou: for sharing the pics!!

now go put some more polysporin on that scratch! :p

14+kitties
April 25th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks everyone. I will pass on your kudos to hubby. He really did do a great job of the fence. Says it's the last time he wants to do it. :rolleyes: I still have to cut all the ties so it looks neater but that won't take long.

kr - kitties were in and out of the house. Every time it stops raining they venture out. Then it starts pouring and right back in they go. :laughing:

hazel - The catuary is a little bigger than a quarter acre now. Lots of room for them to run. It's twice as big as the yard at my last house before I moved down here. I use ozonol on my ouchies. I'm allergic to something in the polysporin. :shrug:

Wonder if I could add a few more kitties without hubby noticing.....:rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
April 25th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Wonder if I could add a few more kitties without hubby noticing.....:rolleyes:
:D We wouldn't tell :whistle:

14+kitties
April 25th, 2009, 09:34 PM
:D We wouldn't tell :whistle:

:laughing::laughing: You are about as incorrigable as I am Missy!!

rainbow
April 25th, 2009, 10:46 PM
As long as they're tabbies I don't thnk he'd notice at all either. :goodvibes: :D

growler~GateKeeper
April 26th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Is the grass greener over there do you think?

Love that pic, so cute :cloud9:

So the new house is right beside the old one right? Have any of the cats tried to get into the old one? They know he's in there so the will probably start spraying the outside of that house too :eek:

14+kitties
April 26th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Love that pic, so cute :cloud9:

So the new house is right beside the old one right? Have any of the cats tried to get into the old one? They know he's in there so the will probably start spraying the outside of that house too :eek:

Thanks growler! Yes, KMK is in the old house. Hubby is working on his new place so he can be outside too. Hopefully it won't take too long to get done. KMK was at his window a few times yesterday hissing. Not impressed with all those extra kitties out there. He won't like it one bit! Oh well. So far the others have gone and sniffed at the kitty door and walked away but that's about it.
Plans are to rip it down and take it out. We shall see about building a new one to take it's place. http://bestsmileys.com/money/2.gif

Toonces
April 26th, 2009, 07:37 AM
your hubby did a fantastic job:thumbs up we have an old couple on our road that take in all the strays that show up, have them all fixed and shots, they have a similar set up on their property. They have been doing it for 40 yrs now but are not taking in anymore because they are getting to old :sad:

14+kitties
April 26th, 2009, 09:23 AM
your hubby did a fantastic job:thumbs up we have an old couple on our road that take in all the strays that show up, have them all fixed and shots, they have a similar set up on their property. They have been doing it for 40 yrs now but are not taking in anymore because they are getting to old :sad:

That is so sad. I hope they have family that will be willing to carry on if they should go before the kitties. :fingerscr That is my biggest fear.

Chaser
April 26th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Wow, what a bunch of happy tabbies! :lovestruck: That catuary is just amazing. Kudos to you and hubby for caring so much! :highfive:

Toonces
April 26th, 2009, 03:06 PM
That is so sad. I hope they have family that will be willing to carry on if they should go before the kitties. :fingerscr That is my biggest fear.

They have no children so they devoted their time to care for stray cats, they are down to 12 now and have a very good relationship with our country vet who said he will make sure if anything happens to them he will find them homes,

sorry to thread jack

Dee-O-Gee
April 26th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Wow!!! the scratch on your arm looks tame to all the scratches I got fighting with my rose bushes :eek: they won :frustrated:

Beautiful as always 14+

ancientgirl
April 26th, 2009, 05:46 PM
That is one fierce scratch.

I love that fence. Hubby is pretty clever. I've seen fences like that advertised as "cat fences" that are pretty expensive. He did a great job! The cats look great!

14+kitties
April 27th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Wow, what a bunch of happy tabbies! :lovestruck: That catuary is just amazing. Kudos to you and hubby for caring so much! :highfive:

Thanks Chase_Mom. I love looking after these babies. It is worth it every day when I am surrounded by them. :cloud9:

They have no children so they devoted their time to care for stray cats, they are down to 12 now and have a very good relationship with our country vet who said he will make sure if anything happens to them he will find them homes,

sorry to thread jack

Hon, you can threadjack whenever you want. I love hearing stories like this. It's great they have a backup if something happens. Let's hope it never does. :fingerscr

That is one fierce scratch.

I love that fence. Hubby is pretty clever. I've seen fences like that advertised as "cat fences" that are pretty expensive. He did a great job! The cats look great!

We studied those fences on line. He figured he could make an adaptation of them and have it work. So far, so good. A couple little farts have climbed the fence and examined the top closely. For about two seconds. :D Then they are back down and exploring. And, of course, lying on the top of the new house.

chico2
April 27th, 2009, 07:35 AM
OMG 14+,they are outside again:thumbs uphow very exciting,it looks fantastic,a kitty-haven:cat:
Your hubby only pretends to not be too happy about the cats,in reality he loves them,why else would he build such a great enclosure and homes for them,give him a huge hug:grouphug:unless you threaten him:laughing:
Got to look for part 1.

Love4himies
April 27th, 2009, 08:15 AM
OMG 14+,they are outside again:thumbs uphow very exciting,it looks fantastic,a kitty-haven:cat:
Your hubby only pretends to not be too happy about the cats,in reality he loves them,why else would he build such a great enclosure and homes for them,give him a huge hug:grouphug:unless you threaten him:laughing:
Got to look for part 1.

Bet you are right, chico, men have to keep up the "macho" image :laughing:

Great job, 14+ :grouphug:

Luvmypitgirls
April 27th, 2009, 09:19 PM
:eek: Wow, amazing job!
Btw, Brownie is stunning, :lovestruck:

Magicwildwolf69
April 28th, 2009, 01:10 AM
wow i've read about the caturay and stuff on the fourms but i never really saw what it looked like. its very beautiful and large. and all your cats are so pretty! :lovestruck::cloud9:

it is very much like a cat heaven. you and hubby really did a great job in building it and taking care of all those kitties. you really are angels sent to earth :angel2:

14+kitties
April 28th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Got to look for part 1.

Bet you are right, chico, men have to keep up the "macho" image :laughing:

Great job, 14+ :grouphug:

Thanks again ladies. Hate to bust your bubble about hubby. I told him what you guys said. His comment was "I don't like cats much but I don't want to see them hurt either. I didn't build the fence because I love the cats. I built the fence becuase I love you." :cloud9:
:eek: Wow, amazing job!
Btw, Brownie is stunning, :lovestruck:

Thanks LMPG!

wow i've read about the caturay and stuff on the fourms but i never really saw what it looked like. its very beautiful and large. and all your cats are so pretty! :lovestruck::cloud9:

it is very much like a cat heaven. you and hubby really did a great job in building it and taking care of all those kitties. you really are angels sent to earth :angel2:

Thanks so much Magic. I love every minute of it. Well, not so much the cleaning litter part. But everything else is great!!

chico2
April 28th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Well 14+ tell him that's ok,it's amazing how much our guys will do sometimes out of love,be it for the cat-lover or the cats and he certainly did a great job:grouphug:

Love4himies
April 28th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Awwww, what a sweet hubby, he has a big heart. :lovestruck:

lUvMyLaB<3
April 28th, 2009, 05:30 PM
WOW!! What a kitty Heaven!!! All those kitties must think they are royalty! There will be a special reward for people like you when your time here is over, true angels already!

14+kitties
April 29th, 2009, 12:05 PM
You should see what hubby is working on so KMK can get out and see the world. :thumbs up Wonderful!!

ancientgirl
April 29th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Hey, I'm thinking hubby might be able to go into the cat fencing business after all of this.

14+kitties
April 29th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Hey, I'm thinking hubby might be able to go into the cat fencing business after all of this.

:laughing::D I actually mentioned that to him. His comment was "You saw how long it took for me to get yours done! Do you really want me to do them for other people? We would starve!" :rolleyes: Seeing as I like my food a little I agreed.

ancientgirl
April 29th, 2009, 12:29 PM
:laughing::D I actually mentioned that to him. His comment was "You saw how long it took for me to get yours done! Do you really want me to do them for other people? We would starve!" :rolleyes: Seeing as I like my food a little I agreed.

Nah, see it's like people who are contractors. Ever see their homes? Unfinished stuff everywhere. :laughing:

My friends hubby works for a company that designs and installs kitchens. He's been working there for almost 10 years and this year she finally got him to do their kitchen! LOL.

14+kitties
April 29th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Nah, see it's like people who are contractors. Ever see their homes? Unfinished stuff everywhere. :laughing:

My friends hubby works for a company that designs and installs kitchens. He's been working there for almost 10 years and this year she finally got him to do their kitchen! LOL.

Same way around here. Baseboards not done, bathroom half finished, etc, etc.

Chris21711
April 29th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Same way around here. Baseboards not done, bathroom half finished, etc, etc.

We won't even talk about my place then 14k :yell:

I can't wait to get down there, Ethel and I touched on it this morning :)

14+kitties
April 29th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I can't wait to see you either! Have to find out what days I have off. I only get my schedule a week in advance. It's good Ethel can take time when she needs to. :thumbs up Umm, you touched on it this morning? Does that mean she's back? :fingerscr

Chris21711
April 29th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Nah, no back as in back back :sad: She stops in every morning on her way to work and has brekkie and a jaw for an hour or so. Sometimes she stops in on her way home too, that way she gets to see Pepe......sometimes :yell:

14+kitties
April 29th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Nah, no back as in back back :sad: She stops in every morning on her way to work and has brekkie and a jaw for an hour or so. Sometimes she stops in on her way home too, that way she gets to see Pepe......sometimes :yell:

Aww, I'm sorry Chris. :grouphug: It's hard not seeing your children. I haven't seen mine since Feb. One since Christmas. It's all part of the growing up and moving away process. :sad:

onster
April 29th, 2009, 08:56 PM
wow 14+ you and ure hubby did an amazing job!!!!

Im sure even the kitties that seem a bit unsure now will be basking outside in no time :lovestruck::cloud9:

I need one for Bunduk :evil:

Chris21711
April 30th, 2009, 09:02 AM
I need one for Bunduk :evil:

You need a straight-jacket for Bunduk :laughing:

edwina
July 3rd, 2009, 11:08 PM
Hmmmm......:rolleyes: I do have 3 acres. I shouldnt have looked at this, its all your fault. :frustrated: Now i want a big caturary like yours. :cry: Please dont show my kitties this ok ? :D

Tundra_Queen
July 4th, 2009, 02:16 AM

Tell hubs, the more he does the faster he will get. :laughing: I just have a tiny yard so he could do mine first and get more practise LOL

I love your Brownie,,,he is gorgeous! I hope your arm helaed ok,,it looked like a mean cut!

Debbie

14+kitties
July 4th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Hmmmm......:rolleyes: I do have 3 acres. I shouldnt have looked at this, its all your fault. :frustrated: Now i want a big caturary like yours. :cry: Please dont show my kitties this ok ? :D

Sorry. :o We started with a lot less than this.

Tell hubs, the more he does the faster he will get. :laughing: I just have a tiny yard so he could do mine first and get more practise LOL

I love your Brownie,,,he is gorgeous! I hope your arm helaed ok,,it looked like a mean cut!

Debbie

:laughing: Again, I'll let him know TQ. :thumbs up
Brownie is a cutie. But then they all are. My arm is fine. Just another scar. :shrug:

Tundra_Queen
July 8th, 2009, 02:10 AM
14+ son is coming over today and we are going to work on the kitty tree some more....he knows nothing about the cat house I want on the patio or for the wholleeeeee back yard....I'm going to show him pics of your cattery when he gets here. :D

Debbie