Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

They're out!!

14+kitties
April 25th, 2009, 06:45 PM
And I have lots of pics! I will put them in a couple of threads so our dial uppers can get on.
First one is Stormy. She was sucking up big time today. Such a sweetie. :cloud9:
Oh look, she left the door open.
Be brave, be very brave.....

14+kitties
April 25th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Tinker says Li'l Bit went out and she is still ok. I'll go next!
Stampede! (Not really. More like trepidation and curiousity)
Squeak still didn't quite make it out the door. Nipper on top of the litter pails deciding if she wants to chance it.

14+kitties
April 25th, 2009, 06:53 PM
MiniMo (not so mini any mo') found the chair really fast!
Mew waiting for his belly rub.
Kylee wasn't too sure about going out. She did eventually and promptly went under the house to hide.

14+kitties
April 25th, 2009, 06:56 PM
You can see how much bigger the new area is now. The taller grass is where the last fence ended. Now it's about 10 feet wider. I still have to dig the stones out of the tall grass before I can cut it.
Li'l Bit :cloud9:
Ahhhhhh grass........

Chris21711
April 25th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Fantastic Gerri :thumbs up

The guys must be in their glory :cloud9:

Does that mean that we should start making some plans?...Oh, need any more old chairs for the guys to lay around on, we have a couple here that I could bring down when we come.

Love4himies
April 25th, 2009, 07:08 PM
WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, what a kitty paradise :thumbs up :highfive: :grouphug:. Do you have room for one pretty female, she comes spayed and with shots?:o

14+kitties
April 25th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Yes please Chris. :D And yes please for the chairs too! They love lying around on them!!

14+kitties
April 25th, 2009, 07:11 PM
WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, what a kitty paradise :thumbs up :highfive: :grouphug:. Do you have room for one pretty female, she comes spayed and with shots?:o

I still have to get KMK out and socialized. I would love to take Rose but I am not sure hubby would be too receptive. He is working on a small run for KMK so he can come out and see but not get into fights.

Love4himies
April 25th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I still have to get KMK out and socialized. I would love to take Rose but I am not sure hubby would be too receptive. He is working on a small run for KMK so he can come out and see but not get into fights.

Oh, you knew it was Rose, I didn't mention any names. :o :o :o.

Rose will be staying here until I feel she is ready for adoption, doesn't matter how long it takes.

rainbow
April 25th, 2009, 07:18 PM
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/loveshower.gif http://www.pic4ever.com/images/loveshower.gif Kitty Heaven http://www.pic4ever.com/images/loveshower.gif http://www.pic4ever.com/images/loveshower.gif

I love how they were a little hesitant at first and then enjoying themselves in the longer grass. :cloud9:

clm
April 25th, 2009, 08:53 PM
You and your hubby have done a great job there. Pity the mouse that wanders into that kitty yard unawares. :laughing:

Cindy

krdahmer
April 25th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Wow they really do have more room! Is it wider on the other side too? Or just by the houses? They look glad to be out in this nice weather! So much tabby floof!!! :lovestruck::cloud9:

hazelrunpack
April 25th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Ahhhhhh! Fresh spring air! The warm sun! Long grass to lounge in. And a warm shelter to run to if the nights turn cold... :cloud9:

Lucky kitties!! :cat:

14+kitties
April 25th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Oh, you knew it was Rose, I didn't mention any names. :o :o :o.

Rose will be staying here until I feel she is ready for adoption, doesn't matter how long it takes.

Ummm, yes. Wasn't hard to figure that one out!! :D Rose deserves a good home with other kitties. (cough, cough) I know you will find her a good home soon.....

Wow they really do have more room! Is it wider on the other side too? Or just by the houses? They look glad to be out in this nice weather! So much tabby floof!!! :lovestruck::cloud9:

It's only about a foot wider on the other side. We made it bigger on this side because of the new house being so much bigger.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I will tell hubby you think he did a bang up job on the fence! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
April 26th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Great job on the fence to Mr. 14+ :thumbs up

The kitties look so happy in the grass & sunshine :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Toonces
April 26th, 2009, 08:30 AM
wow your place is kitty heaven for sure, they all look so happy and healthy:D

14+kitties
April 26th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Little dickens' didn't even want to come near this morning. I think they thought I was going to try to put them back in the house. :D I only had a couple in the house with me when I was feeding them.

chico2
April 27th, 2009, 08:47 AM
14+,A cat-lovers dream!:thumbs up
Hubby says,he's now sure we made the right decision not to move to the country:laughing:

ancientgirl
April 27th, 2009, 08:55 AM
14+, I am loving what you have here. The kitties look so happy in the grass.:cloud9: This is my dream! To be able to do something like this for my gang and let them enjoy some fresh air and some nature!

Love4himies
April 27th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Little dickens' didn't even want to come near this morning. I think they thought I was going to try to put them back in the house. :D I only had a couple in the house with me when I was feeding them.

Awwww I bet they are so happy with their new "expansion".

14+kitties
April 28th, 2009, 07:26 AM
14+,A cat-lovers dream!:thumbs up
Hubby says,he's now sure we made the right decision not to move to the country:laughing:

:laugh::laugh: He's a chicken!! ;)

14+, I am loving what you have here. The kitties look so happy in the grass.:cloud9: This is my dream! To be able to do something like this for my gang and let them enjoy some fresh air and some nature!

I have faith one day you will have it too!

Awwww I bet they are so happy with their new "expansion".

They are loving it! Particularily the longer grass. They are hiding in it. I'm thinking I will leave that section longer for them to play in.

Love4himies
April 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM
A coworker would like to know what Mr. 14+ used to make the "overhang" on top of the fence. She has a small condo and has her yard fenced in, but sometimes the cats get over the fence.

14+kitties
April 28th, 2009, 12:44 PM
A coworker would like to know what Mr. 14+ used to make the "overhang" on top of the fence. She has a small condo and has her yard fenced in, but sometimes the cats get over the fence.

He used 5 foot long 1/2 " electrical conduit that he bent with a conduit bender, or "hickey" as it is known. It comes in 10 foot lengths. Then we got 4 foot wide chicken wire and stretched it over the fence, fastened every section on the chain link with cable ties. I weaved a 10 gauge (I think) wire through the chain link and chicken wire too to add extra holding power to it. He also drilled extra holes through the conduits at the end and last bend to string clothes line through and all around the fence to make the top of it stronger. We used probably 1500 ties for it too. It's well fastened!!

Sounds like a lot of work, right? It was!! But it works really well. The big test will be during winter to see how well it holds up to heavy snow.

Love4himies
April 28th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Thankyou, 14+, I will pass the info onto her.

cpietra16
April 28th, 2009, 01:44 PM
WOW....I never knew that I had so much cat run envy.....I want that for my cats....all 11 of them...thats right 11 cats in my little 920 sf house....any more and I will have to have my kids move out. :D

Love4himies
April 28th, 2009, 01:46 PM
WOW....I never knew that I had so much cat run envy.....I want that for my cats....all 11 of them...thats right 11 cats in my little 920 sf house....any more and I will have to have my kids move out. :D

Don't you have a dog in the mix too?

cpietra16
April 28th, 2009, 01:59 PM
yup...but Winnie believes to be human so I would never put her the same catagory as the pets..you see?:D I don;t want to break her heart and tell her other wise.

I also have 1 beta fish thanks to my 10 year old son who rescued it from going down to the St. Laurence river....via the toilet as he put it.

14+kitties
April 28th, 2009, 02:14 PM

920 sq ft huh? I wish!! Mine is a lot smaller than that, no usable basement, a hubby, two step kids, two dogs, and the five kitties. Cats are only allowed in the kitchen and living room. No bedrooms for them. Well, except for Dayle. Daddy has a soft spot for her. You got me beat on the number of kits in the house.
Believe me, I send a silent pray up every day that I have this space outside for the catty cats. They are worth every penny spent on them and it.

heidiho
April 28th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Thas so awesome,me and roxy have decided to come live there...:lightbulb:

14+kitties
April 29th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Thas so awesome,me and roxy have decided to come live there...:lightbulb:

:laughing::laughing: Come along heidiho! I am sure we can find room for you somewhere as long as you don't mind lots of kitty fur. Makes a nice soft bed. :cloud9:

edwina
July 4th, 2009, 12:03 AM
That is great 14+ i wish i could have something like that, but alot of my cats are old and set in there ways, not real socialable with some of the others. I guess i will have to stick with individual condo's. :) I really like the set up though, lots of frolicking kitties. :D

Tundra_Queen
July 4th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Wow! That is wonderful! And lookie at all those kitties coming out of the house. How many are in there? You are such a angel to give those kitties all that love and caring. Give hubs a big hug from me...I think he is terrific!

Debbie

14+kitties
July 4th, 2009, 10:40 PM
That is great 14+ i wish i could have something like that, but alot of my cats are old and set in there ways, not real socialable with some of the others. I guess i will have to stick with individual condo's. :) I really like the set up though, lots of frolicking kitties. :D

Thanks Edwina. We have 19 acres here. We can spare a little of it for the kitties. :thumbs up

Wow! That is wonderful! And lookie at all those kitties coming out of the house. How many are in there? You are such a angel to give those kitties all that love and caring. Give hubs a big hug from me...I think he is terrific!

Debbie

At the moment there are 18. :eek: I'll pass the message on to hubby. I think he is terrific too. :)

Tundra_Queen
July 5th, 2009, 08:23 AM
14+ what did u use as fencing? It looks black. Is it lundy link or that heavy duty chicken wire stuff? I see the pressure treated 4 x 4's. Did u sink them in the ground or use those steel post holders that u drive into the ground?

Debbie

14+kitties
July 5th, 2009, 02:17 PM
For the large fence surrounding the catuary I used chain link. It is heavy enough to hold up to lots of weather. The posts are sunk into the ground with small stone (can't remember the name but it almost turns into cement after a while) so they aren't going anywhere. The overhang has the heavier duty chicken wire.
For KMK's enclosure within the catuary we used chicken wire but put the chain link on the top. Hubby figures it will hold up better in the winter.
If you wanted to do something for your guys and gal to just go outside for a while you could get away with doing a chickenwire enclosure. You wouldn't need the little bed area that he has at the one end either. I bet it could be done for about $120 for a 6 x 8.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=62943

Tundra_Queen
July 6th, 2009, 12:32 AM
I just checked out the house for KMK and it is fabUUlous! Is it secured to the ground so he can't get under it?

Our patio is about 5 X 16ft long and it's up against the house. Very small. It's made of wood so to make an enclosure for the kitties I don't think it would take that much wood. :D Our property in the back yard is also fenced in mostly except for two small parts..so I'm also thinking that could be a possibility too. :D:D I think I'm going to go to the library and get some books on how to build fences and start reading...then share them with my son. :laughing::laughing:

Debbie :D

allfurlove
July 6th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Ahhh kitty paradise :cloud9: I could stare at your kitties and their houses all day :laughing:
Someday I hope to have a little enclosure for my grumpy boy Bandit, he's so happy outside but I dont like to leave him out on his harness unsupervised. I talked to my DH about it last night and he thinks its a great idea :thumbs up
Are there any websites about building kitty enclosures?

SandraLM
July 6th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Some cats love to lay and sleep in a dog crate. Word of experience on that one. :)

So maybe you could find a large cage to use?