Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost small black lab mix

nikkirako
April 25th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Our dog, Puppy Pal went missing this past Thursday, April 23rd, from our backyard. We have a lot of property and think she followed a smell and just got lost. She is shy, but very sweet. She is about 50 pounds, mostly black, with a white chest and feet with black spots. She was wearing a collar with tags when she was lost. We live an the border of Hudson and St. Lazare but she can be anywhere by now. Please respond with any info, good or bad.
Thank you.

diandpat
April 25th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Aw, poor pooch :sad:

Have you been to the following address?

Controle Animal Vaudreuil/Soulanges
1269 Harwood
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
450-510-1508

www.canindusuroit.com

Good luck and please keep us posted. :goodvibes:

the gang
April 25th, 2009, 08:59 PM
IM IN THAT AREA!!! will keep a look out try tom and call hudson vet!!! lots of people bring the lost ones there good luck brenda and the pins.

the gang
April 25th, 2009, 09:01 PM
IM IN THAT AREA!!! will keep a look out try tom and call hudson vet!!! lots of people bring the lost ones there good luck brenda and the pins. also they are now open on sunday

nikkirako
April 25th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Hi all. Thanks for your attention. We are still looking everywhere and calling everyone we can possibly think of. But I would appreciate you keeping your eyes and ears open.
Thanks again.

the gang
April 25th, 2009, 10:56 PM
i have sent tons of emails out!! have a friend living at the bottom of cote , and a few friends in st lazare hope the little one gets home asap, brenda and the pins

rainbow
April 26th, 2009, 01:50 AM
I hope you are reunited with your girl soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

the gang
April 26th, 2009, 04:54 PM
any news??? :fingerscr brenda and the pins.

LYNNNNNNN
April 27th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Hi,

I horseback ride all over in St-Lazare so I will keep an eye open and carry a leash in my pocket just in case .....I always have dog treats in my pocket so that way if I see her I will be try to catch her:pray:
I know how you feel....my daughter & I went through this in January :cry:

nikkirako
April 27th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Lyn - did you find your lost pet?

Puppy Pal is a strong girl. She came from a shelter and know how to fight to survive. If any dog can pull through, she can. The only thing we are concerned about is how timid she is. Once she understands that you are not going to hurt her, she really is the sweetest thing. But getting her to understand that may be a problem. Nonetheless we are holding out hope. We are hoping she will get hungry or lonely enough to approach someone and that someone will be a kind heart.
So, any extra eyes and ears would be appreciated. I have this amazingly strong feeling in my gut that she is ok. Just a bit lost and she needs some help finding her way.

Thanks all.

LYNNNNNNN
April 27th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Nikkirako....I am very sad to say we did find her body on Thursday April 16th 2009....if you want to read on her story and see pictures of our little sweetheart Look under Jesssssica where it says...still haven't found our sweetie about 5 threads under yours...:cry:

nikkirako
April 27th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I did see that. I just didn't realize it was your post. I am so sorry to hear about the little girl. We have mini pins also and I know how lovable they can be.
Again, so sorry.

LYNNNNNNN
April 27th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Jesssssica is my daughter and it was her little minpin...

The city of St-Lazare offers a service for lost animals
You send an e-mail with a picture and information to :
info@ville.saint-lazare.qc.ca
and they have a website and post the lost pets...also they send about 1,200 e-mails to people in the area ...this might help you ...They were great and very supporting for our Lolita:grouphug:

nikkirako
April 27th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Done. Thanks for the help.

Iggette
April 28th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Done. Thanks for the help.

?????? Did you find her?:pray: Please say you did

nikkirako
April 28th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Unfortunatly we have not found her. We have been looking non stop since she went missing. It is the strangest thing. We have no idea where she could have gone. We have contacted everone we could think of and plastered the town with flyers. But we are not giving up hope. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

the gang
April 28th, 2009, 06:13 PM
you might want to contact the police and they can give you a number for road crew, i have fingers and toes crossed for a safe return brenda and the pins.

luckypenny
April 28th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I just had a thought...we notice that strays usually gravitate toward where there may be other dogs. Have you tried contacting the local training schools/kennels, nikkirako? Perhaps they will allow you to put up posters on their premises as well (plus I find that dog owners tend to notice strays more than those that aren't). Two that I know of in St. Lazare are:

Guides Canins 1200A Montee Poirier 450-424-1469

Tri-L Kennel (Larry) 2700 rte Harwood 450-458-4788

:goodvibes: that you and Puppy Pal are reunited asap :fingerscr.

the gang
May 1st, 2009, 07:28 AM
any news??? brenda.:fingerscr

nikkirako
May 1st, 2009, 11:21 AM
Unfortunalty not news to report. But we are still looking and still hopeful. Keep your fingers crossed.

nikkirako
May 1st, 2009, 08:27 PM
Thank you to all for checking in. Here is the latest info we have. We put an ad in the paper and recieved a call from a family in St. Lazare. They live on a farm with other animals and said that a dog matching the description of Puppy Pal has been surfacing around their property every other day scrounging for food. We went over to their house with pictures and they swear that the dog that has been hanging around is definitly Puppy Pal. So we left her bed with her and our smell on it and the family is going to leave some food out and call us as soon as they see her again. The family livs in th area of St. Dominick and St. Robert in St. Lazare so anyone in that area keep your eyes open.
This is wonderful news and we are thrilled but we still need her home. And we are forever grateful for everyone's compassion.
Yea!!!!!
Hopefully we have her home soon.

rainbow
May 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM
What a promising lead. :thumbs up

Good luck ......I hope you are reunited with her soon. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

diandpat
May 2nd, 2009, 12:24 AM
:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: I so hope this is your beloved Puppy Pal.

Please keep us posted!!!!!:thumbs up

mollywog
May 2nd, 2009, 12:27 AM
oh I really hope this is her. She looks like my dog Molly.
:goodvibes: for PuppyPals safe return!!! :grouphug:

the gang
May 2nd, 2009, 09:03 PM
my fingers and toes are crossed for a safe return brenda and the pins :fingerscr

nikkirako
May 4th, 2009, 07:43 PM
So we just can't seem to catch up to her. We got 4 phone calls today alone. All from people in the same are saying they saw her. They all saw her in St Lazare around the intersection of St. Louis and Bedard. I feel like we are closing in. We have got the entire town on the look out.
Keep you fingers crossed and your eyes open.

the gang
May 5th, 2009, 09:21 PM
i saw friends today from st robert and beranrd they know im looking, they have there eyes wide open, i have everthing crossed for a safe return, do you need some help with a search?? brenda and the pins

LYNNNNNNN
May 6th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I am so happy for you !:thumbs up
Fingers crossed:fingerscr so someone can eventually catch her ...I cut out your advertising in our local paper and keep your phone # in my wallet so if I spot her I will call !
Good luck keep your hopes up at least she was spotted a few times !:grouphug:

the gang
May 7th, 2009, 10:52 PM
my fingers and toes still crossed 2 weeks today come home puppy, brenda and the pins

the gang
May 9th, 2009, 09:11 PM
any news??? would you like some help???? we can try and do a seach party brenda and the pins:fingerscr

nikkirako
May 11th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Amazing news to report…Puppy Pal is home safe and sound. We never gave up and it paid off. We plastered the town with flyers, put an ad in the local paper and told everyone who would listen. And our efforts paid off. People called in with any information they had and we followed up on each and every single lead.
Putting together the information we received from the callers, we realized that Puppy Pal would frequent the same spots in town at the same time, early in the morning or late at night. So we would go out at those times and try and find her but she always seemed to be two steps ahead of us. Until yesterday. My father went out at around 11pm to the IGA in St. Lazare where a few people had seen Puppy Pal running around the parking lot. He was driving around and spotted something white and black out of the corner of his eye. He drove closer and it was her! He called her and started shaking the bag of treats at her but the poor thing was scared and started to run away. So my dad trailed her in the car, and patient as he is, wore her down. He threw treats out the window and eventually she stopped to sniff around. So he parked the car. Opened the door, and she jumped in. My dad got her at 11:58pm on Mother’s Day. Amazing present for mom, huh?
The rest of the family was thrilled to see her. Dad brought her home, all the other dogs came running over to sniff her and hear about her adventure then Puppy Pal went over to my mom, sat in front of her and gave her her paw. Then she went to her favorite bed and fell asleep.
Puppy Pal seems to be in pretty good shape. She has a cut on her bum but everything else seems to be just fine. Amazing considering she was in the wild for just over two weeks. But she is going for a check-up just to be safe.
Obviously we are thrilled to have her home. But we really could not have done it without the kindness of complete strangers. And for that we are forever grateful. It is amazing how many people are willing to help, and how much people care about an animal and a family that they have never, and probably will never, meet. So thank you all. For your kind words and your encouragement, and your ideas and for just keeping us in your thoughts.
I am a true believer in karma and paying it forward. A great thing happened to our family because of great people. So, I promise you all that I am going to try my best to be an even better person. I never knew of this site before this incident, but now that I do I will be checking in and sending “good vibes” and prayers to anyone who needs them. Because they work.
Thanks again everyone.

LYNNNNNNN
May 11th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Fantastic....Good for you I am so happy for you:thumbs up
Thank God not all stories end up with sad news :goodvibes:
What a great gift for mothers day! Your Dad must be so happy !
Give a big big kiss and hug to you little Puppy Pal:grouphug:

BenMax
May 11th, 2009, 10:00 AM
This makes my Monday! Congrats on having your pupper back safe and sound.

All the very best to you all.

Melinda
May 11th, 2009, 10:42 AM
what a wonderful mothers day story for all of us, *hugs* great to hear you have your pup back!

Mat&Murph
May 11th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Awsome news!!!!! So happy for you Mother's day present!!!

rainbow
May 11th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I am soooo happy to hear the good news. :highfive:

Glad that she appears to be in good shape and hope that her vet checkup goes well. :fingerscr

I noticed you said you have other dogs as well. It sure would be nice to see pics of them as well as more of your beautiful girl, Puppy Pal. :goodvibes:

nikkirako
May 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Pictures of all of our pups.

nikkirako
May 11th, 2009, 03:31 PM
More pictures.

nikkirako
May 11th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Sorry, didn't realize they would be that small.

nikkirako
May 11th, 2009, 03:36 PM
More pictures.
Again, thank you everyone for your compassion. It really means a lot.

Mat&Murph
May 11th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Aww your furbabies are adorable!!!! :lovestruck:

nikkirako
May 11th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Hi again. I would like to again thank everyone for their support and extend an invitation to anyone who is interested for dinner this Saturday. My parents are taking a few of the people who helped look for Puppy Pal out to dinner to celebrate/show their appreciation and I think everyone who has followed this from the begining deserves the same appreciation. So, if you are in the area of Hudson we would love to have you. E-mail me at nikki_rakowski@yahoo.com if you are interested.

mollywog
May 11th, 2009, 10:15 PM
nikkirako- How WONDERFUL that PuppyPal found her way back to your loving family!! :D I was so happy to read that. What a heartwarming story. And so nice to hear that you are hosting a dinner in her honour. Hopefully a couple pets.ca members will attend! All the best to you and your family. :goodvibes:

the gang
May 11th, 2009, 10:39 PM
just WOUNDERFUL NEWS!!!!! im so very happy for all of you :thumbs up brenda and the pins.

Dee-O-Gee
May 11th, 2009, 10:44 PM
OMG--I just got goosebumps :laughing:

Nothing like putting a big :), :laughing: and a big :D to a happy ending.

What a wonderful story and :highfive:'s to Puppy Pal.

SIL
May 11th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I love happy endings!!! :thumbs up

nikkirako
May 27th, 2009, 12:23 PM
So we are still all so thrilled that she is home. And she has gone back to her old ways, jumping on the counter to steal food and sneaking on the couch when nobody is looking.
Her health is fine. She lost 7 pounds in the 17 days she was gone, but to be honest, she was a bit chubby anyway.
Hope everyone is well. Enjoy the pics.

Love4himies
May 27th, 2009, 12:37 PM
She is beautiful and I am so glad she is home safe and sound.

I can't believe I missed this whole thread until now :o

BenMax
May 27th, 2009, 12:52 PM
She is so gorgeous. I am so very happy for you and your family.

All my best.:grouphug:

Melinda
May 27th, 2009, 04:49 PM
all your babies are just gorgeous!!! My labX loves her cob corn also *L* she "sucks" on the empty cob after enjoying the kernals
what a lovely gesture asking people for a meal, you sound like a great family!!

chico2
May 27th, 2009, 05:51 PM
nikkirako,I just read all the posts and just about cried happy-tears to see she is back home:thumbs up
You have a beautiful bunch of puppers and Puppy-Pal especially:lovestruck:
Sometimes people can surprise you and show compassion and caring,I know for a fact,that everyone here is a wonderful person.
Hope you come back to our Forum,it's a great place to be:thumbs up

rainbow
May 27th, 2009, 08:00 PM
What a lovely fur family you have. :lovestruck:

I hope you stick around our forum too ....you could repost your pics in the Photo Forum here and introduce your fuzzbutts with their names. :thumbs up