Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lovely Forum

Leewilson
August 9th, 2004, 07:49 AM
What a lovely forum. I came across this by posting an announcement that I found a dog and needed help because I thought the dog might have originally come from Michigan or perhaps Canada. I am delighted to be in the company of so many animal lovers. I thought people like me were rare. I have more respect for animals than I do for most people. I'm curious though. Do most of the subscribers here live in Canada? I'm from West Palm Beach, Florida. Do I belong here? :)

glasslass
August 9th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Sure you do! I'm from California and we have active members all over. China, Korea, and Australia and and and and. Welcome!

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 07:57 AM
I am delighted to be in the company of so many animal lovers. I thought people like me were rare. I have more respect for animals than I do for most people.

You're not kidding; I think I hate most people! :rolleyes: WELCOME!!! Look forward to hearing more from you! :D

mastifflover
August 9th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Welcome everyone is welcome. True the more people I meet the more I like my dog.

Lucky Rescue
August 9th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Welcome! While I would guess most of us are Canadians, we have people here from all over - US, Australia, Europe and even Korea!!

Anyone who loves and cares for their pets is welcome here.:)

Babs
August 9th, 2004, 11:13 AM
I just found this forum as well. I'm from Canada, currently looking for as much information as I can find on BSL. I've had dogs all of my life, but currently I own a Pit Bull Cross, and am a little afraid of what could happen to my little sweetie. I am trying to soak up as much information as possible "just in case".

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Where abouts are you in Canada Babs?

Princesss04
August 9th, 2004, 11:37 AM
:D Welcome on board!!!!! :D

Babs
August 9th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Currently moved to Kitchener Ontario, not far from Brampton actually. Originally from Ottawa, then Toronto. Always following the work.

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 11:43 AM
BABS!! There is already ban on pit bulls and mixes in Kitchener!!! :eek:

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Babs!! Here's some information!
bans (http://www.goodpooch.com/BSL/cdnbsl.htm)

You will NOT be able to license that dog within city limits and you could poosibly have her taken away!!! Please, be careful!!

I don't wanna hijack this nice thread - please go to here (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=6244)

Babs
August 9th, 2004, 11:53 AM
That is exactly why I'm here. We have a vet who has looked her over, and believes she is more of a boxer cross than anything else. The move here was out of necessity, we had no choice and were unaware of the law until recently... after purchasing a house.

However, my research has only made me more angry about BSL in general. I don't believe it is fair that any dog needs to be punished because of irresponsible owners. I believe every dog is capable of growing up and becoming a responsible citizen... not unlike people in many ways.

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Let's continue this in the other thread!! :D

heidiho
August 9th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Small world,i used to live in lake worth,sister lives in royal palm beach,i love florida...

Cactus Flower
August 9th, 2004, 12:46 PM
I live in New Mexico!

There are people from all over on this site. The information is invaluable, no matter where you are writing from.

Luba
August 9th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Welcome welcome welcome

:D and thanks for the nice words about the forum :D

Everyone belongs!!