Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What can I do?

Akira
April 24th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Last weekend me and my husband were house hunting when we drove by this store front/apartment building. And on the ROOF of this building was a DOG! A lab mix of some sort i'd guess. So we hucked'er into the parking lot and went into the only open store. The woman inside had just moved there and told us that theres and elder woman who lets her pug and jack russel out on the roof to **** and piss! the jack russel has fallen off before!! And the person on the other side does the same! I contacted Barrie humaine and Georgian bay animal society. Nothing has been done! Can I talk to the police? I couldn't stop thinking about that all day long, it's astonishing to me how effing horrible people can be. :wall:

Blackdog22
April 24th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I know exactly what you're going through!!
I passed through a town and was shocked to find a GREAT PYRENEES on the roof of the towns only drug store. I was outraged and made a complaint in the town office. Last summer however I happened to be in the same town......the dog was on the roof, again.
Some people are so clueless. If your able to, maybe try finding the owners and have a polite conversation with them about the obvious risks. Or just keep calling it into the spca.

Good luck.

Dog Dancer
April 25th, 2009, 11:43 AM
That's just so weird! And stupid! I'd have been climbing up the fire ladder probably and my husband would be giving me heck.

Luvmypitgirls
April 25th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Just when you thought you've heard it all, and now dogs on roofs to do their business.
I know I probably would've been finding a way up there to get the dog, and if I couldn't I probably would've been rippin' someone a new one.

I wonder what these ppl would do if one of their dogs fell off the roof and landed on a pedestrian on the sidewalk below, killing someone or at very least seriously injuring someone. It's bad enough that these dogs are put in harms way without making more victims out of the people walking below.

Longblades
April 28th, 2009, 04:00 PM
If your efforts with the humane society have not been effective then what about contacting some local newspapers and TV? It would likely make a good story and then might attract more attention that would spur the humane society on to actually do something? Just an idea but I think I can see it evolving from a human interest story to an animal safety story.

Akira
April 28th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Great idea Longblades, thanks. I'm going to write into some local radio stations and the local news. :thumbs up

Akira
April 28th, 2009, 08:34 PM
P.S. The dog that was on this roof was a very UNfriendly dog. I tried to get him down but he didn't seem to enthused.