Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Banker NO MORE!

Schwinn
April 23rd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Hi all! At some point I'll probably give a full update as to where I've been, but right now, just wanted to say that today is my last full day as a banker! I start my new job on Monday with a software company that makes software for banks. Tired of making less than $40K as an account manager, and then working extended hours, plus a whole slew of other stuff.

Today's going to be mostly surfing probably, so I thought I'd check in. Anything you ever wanted to know about banking, but were afraid to ask? :D

I'll start with the first answer--no, we don't have a giant vault out back full of money, and no, we don't get to swim in it like Scrooge McDuck on lunch hour!

Luvmypitgirls
April 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
:shrug: Well geez, what's the point in being a banker if you can't go to a big vault out back full of money and swim in it like Scrooge McDuck?

Schwinn, I wish you the best and much success with your new job.:D

pbpatti
April 23rd, 2009, 10:42 AM
Schwinn, congrats on the move! I wish you all the best in your new posistion. So do you get to roll in $$$ at this new job??:thumbs up:D pbp

angeldogs
April 23rd, 2009, 10:45 AM
:shrug: Well geez, what's the point in being a banker if you can't go to a big vault out back full of money and swim in it like Scrooge McDuck?

Schwinn, I wish you the best and much success with your new job.:D

My thoughts exactly.thatjust takes the fun out of it.

I wish you luck on your new job adventure that it be fun and long lasting career change.

Winston
April 23rd, 2009, 10:49 AM
Hey SChwinn! Congrats! its always a big thing changing jobs! I wish you well!

Youll need to update us on where ya have been? how is the family doing? With the new job are you able to ride your bike to work like you did with this job?

Cindy

rainbow
April 23rd, 2009, 01:52 PM
Well, from a former banker ....have fun at your "last day" party tonight. :laughing:

Good luck at your new job :fingerscr :goodvibes: .....it sounds much more exciting. :D

Love4himies
April 23rd, 2009, 03:21 PM
Congrats in getting out of the banking business. They have huge profits, do they not share them with the staff :eek:.

Schwinn
April 23rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
(Kinda thought I'd spend my day on here catching up, but our systems suck, and I couldn't get on the net most of the day!)

Sure, they share thier profit...kind of the way Grace shares her Smarties with Maddy ("What? I gave her one...") Until you're a manager, the salary levels are usually $15-25k less than what most people think.

I never was able to ride here. Shirt and tie+heat+sweaty man=:yuck:. The new job is about 40 mins by car, and doesn't require a shirt and tie, so I'm seriously considering taking the road bike to work a day or two.

The family is good. Grace starts school next year (still SOO not ready for that...me, I mean. She's more than ready), and Maddy's huge. Talking, walking, and wrapping Daddy around her finger. Mrs. Schwinn has said part of her would like a third, but worries for me if it's another girl. ("You'd be soo screwed!")

LavenderRott
April 23rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
I bet you are very ready for this. I know that you are so tired of the whole bank thing.

I hope that this new job is much better.

Frenchy
April 23rd, 2009, 07:34 PM
I'll start with the first answer--no, we don't have a giant vault out back full of money, and no, we don't get to swim in it like Scrooge McDuck on lunch hour!

:sad: you don't ? :sad:

congrats on your new job Schwinn :thumbs up

Jim Hall
April 23rd, 2009, 08:06 PM
yah banking salaries suck mostly thats why i aslways get po'd with charges

what are u going to be doing for the s ware v company i work for one that does construction ent wide software sage

oppps i forgotno tie!!!!!!!!:laughing::thumbs up:highfive:

hazelrunpack
April 23rd, 2009, 09:33 PM
Congrats on the new tieless job, Schwinn! :highfive:

I can't believe Grace is ready for school! :eek: How does that happen?!? She can't be more than 2, can she? :o

glasslass
April 24th, 2009, 01:22 AM
But...but...but...but....SCHWINN! Couldn't you figure out a way to keep some of all that buy-out money? Didn't they share any with you??? Nutin?

So, then, screw them! Congrats on a better job and uniform!

Scuba
April 24th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Good luck with your new job Schwinn!

I love my new job with Whole Foods Market. The only thing is that my daily commute goes from 30+kms to about 12+kms.:D So I feel your pain buddy. I am seriously considering going for a long ride before work. There is a shower for employees at the new store I am starting at.

RIDE ON!