Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gotta LOVE Home Sense

Luvmypitgirls
April 22nd, 2009, 01:47 PM
Went to Home Sense last night, man I love that store, I could spend hours and hours wandering around in there.
Managed to snag myself a set of occassional tables for my familyroom for 257.00, regular price 700.00!
Went back this morning to grab a couple of prints I seen last night, should've grabbed them when I seen them, cuz they were gone this morning:rolleyes:

I used to like Linen 'n Things also, too bad they went belly up:sad:

Masha
April 22nd, 2009, 01:55 PM
Oh i am with you 100% on that! I love that store. Sometimes i go in just to look around, they have so many unique pieces, stuff i dont see anywhere else. The prices are very good too. Last time i spent an hour just walking around, looking at this and that... now they have a lot of outdoor stuff; they have adorable bird houses and furniture. The good pieces also never last... i saw this pear kitchen artwork once and though 'thats nice, maybe i will pick it up next time'... it was gone when i came back in a few days...

Luvmypitgirls
April 22nd, 2009, 02:02 PM
Oh i am with you 100% on that! I love that store. Sometimes i go in just to look around, they have so many unique pieces, stuff i dont see anywhere else. The prices are very good too. Last time i spent an hour just walking around, looking at this and that... now they have a lot of outdoor stuff; they have adorable bird houses and furniture. The good pieces also never last... i saw this pear kitchen artwork once and though 'thats nice, maybe i will pick it up next time'... it was gone when i came back in a few days...

Yes, I've learned my lesson, if I have the money to spend when I see something I really like, don't hesitate cuz it will be gone in a blink of an eye.
I seen a really cool canvas there this morning, the colors were perfect for my diningroom. I thought I'd take a look at lamps and then perhaps come back and grab it, it was really big and I didn't want to chance knocking over something while trying to manuover it thru the store.
Went back, not 5 minutes later and this lady was walking towards the till with it:rolleyes:...never fails so from now on I'll grab what I like and maybe ask a cashier to hold it for me behind the counter while I continue to look around.

TacoGrl
April 22nd, 2009, 02:13 PM
I LOVE HOME SENSE AND HOME OUTFITTERS TOO! :thumbs up

As an fyi...they also price match if you find something advertised cheaper...I bought my steam cleaner from them because they matched Crappy Tire's price...I also bought other things too cuz I saved the money :rolleyes:

Linens & Things I found to be too much $$$ compared to the others. :shrug:

Another cool place is EQ3!

I wish I could win a lottery to feed my shopping NEEDS :frustrated:

Masha
April 22nd, 2009, 03:08 PM
ooh i love their canvass artwork... i got some of their smaller pieces for my hall way.. its a doube set of two square canvass artworks, they gots this tree on it and some leaves on the side.. i love it :) wanted to pick up the bigger one too but it had a tear on it.. and it was the only one...

i should check out home outfitters, i dont think i have ever went in one... EQ3... sounds familiar, probably saw a commercial somewhere...

Chaser
April 22nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
I have a serious addiction to HomeSense! I love the furniture and accessories, but also love how I can get little luxuries like nice hand soap and room sprays at an affordable price. It's a good place to get nice organic fair-trade coffee too! :thumbs up

Luvmypitgirls
April 22nd, 2009, 04:44 PM
Linens'n Things, was a little more spendy on some things, but I was able to purchase two sets of 1000 thread count sheets there for 149.99 each, at the Bay they were well over 250 and up. I bought many of my bedsets there, but would usually wait for a sale.
EQ3, I've seen one in Calgary, but I've never gone in, just sounded expensive to me, maybe next time I go to Ikea I'll pop into EQ3 since it's right next door.

Home Outfitters, is one that I find more pricey. Although I did manage to get a beautiful set of lamps there last year when they had a buy one get one free deal.

Another place for great shopping is at the furniture stores "AS IS" sections.
I've gotten some great pieces from the AS IS sections, like my dresser that retailed for 1,099.99, that has two little nics on the top edge near the back, barely noticeable, and small scratch that unless it's pointed out you would never see, I paid 259.00 for it. However, they do not deliver items purchased in the AS IS section, so make sure you have a truck handy!
I purchased my leather recliner from Leon's AS IS, it retailed for 999.00, but because there was a small cut on the back and a small cut on the front, that didn't go all the way thru the leather but was noticeable enough to discount, I paid 189.00 for it.
On Saturday when I was at Leon's trying to figure out what happened to my new furniture that was supposed to be delivered, I went into the AS IS and there was a gorgeous table and chair set (square table &4 chairs), the leaf was missing and one of the slate tiles on the top had a small chip out of the corner, the set retailed for 699.99 it was discounted to 229.00 and then discounted again to 49.95! When I asked why they said the AS IS is getting crowded and they need the room, I'm still kicking myself for not buying it myself.

TacoGrl
April 22nd, 2009, 05:35 PM
EQ3 is actually quite reasonable $$$ wise...I actually ended up in there cuz I got tired of trying to find parking at IKEA :rolleyes: I also like JYSK (IKEA stuff without the crowds, but their stores look a tad worn).

The only place I really don't like is Pier1...they are so overpriced it is ridiculous! They have nice items, but really, $100+ for a fruit bowl??? $1000+ for a metal patio table without chairs???

Masha
April 22nd, 2009, 05:42 PM
hmmm... ikea... they have a lot of poor quality stuff but there is some very nice stuff too and well priced as well... i buy a lot of plants there, very cheap and the quality is good, i havea bunch of plants in my home from there...

Luvmypitgirls
April 22nd, 2009, 08:22 PM
EQ3 is actually quite reasonable $$$ wise...I actually ended up in there cuz I got tired of trying to find parking at IKEA :rolleyes: I also like JYSK (IKEA stuff without the crowds, but their stores look a tad worn).

The only place I really don't like is Pier1...they are so overpriced it is ridiculous! They have nice items, but really, $100+ for a fruit bowl??? $1000+ for a metal patio table without chairs???

I agree Pier 1 is overpriced, I went there at Christmas, and walked out empty handed. Once and awhile I will treat myself to a visit at the Urban Barn store, they have beautiful things, but again a tad on the spendy side, another place I watch for sale signs lol.
I will check out EQ3 next time I'm in that area.

hmmm... ikea... they have a lot of poor quality stuff but there is some very nice stuff too and well priced as well... i buy a lot of plants there, very cheap and the quality is good, i havea bunch of plants in my home from there...

I don't find Ikea stuff too bad. I have many shelving units and floating shelves around my house from Ikea as well as my son's bed. I also like some of their picture prints and frames.
I bought a Poang chair there years ago, it still looks brand new and is still as comfortable as the day I bought it.
I have also bought many rugs there. As well as drinking glasses.
The one thing I don't like is most of their drapes are made for "loft" type homes, sooo long and their fabric webbing for hemming sucks.
I also don't like their bedding. I bought what I thought was a nice set, duvet cover and pillowcases, washed it once and it fell apart.