Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found: Do we get to keep her?

Black & Tan
August 8th, 2004, 11:31 PM
We found a kitten in the middle of nowhere, small, very quiet and pretty chewed up. We suspect someone has "dumped" her and she got into it with a wild animal - only guesses here. My children have fallen in love with her. The dog has accepted her (he couldn't care less about anything!) and the other cat has come to realize that she is not a threat. My son is doting on her - feeding, cuddling, watering and I have not been involved at all! My son has been an amazing caretaker, even though it is only a few days. We have searched on line and in the area and surrounding area and there are no lost kittens. So ... my question is ... do we get to keep her? She is just the sweetest little thing! :o

Luba
August 8th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Ahh how sweet!
Good thing u found her. Have you taken her to the vet yet? If not you should asap! Chance there 'may' be a microchip but prolly not. And also see if she's okay from whatever she was exposed to / injured by.

I'd contact local shelters and vets give your info and if nobody is looking then claim her. But give them ample time to contact you :D

glasslass
August 9th, 2004, 01:03 AM
And . . of course . . post a picture!

Iggette
August 9th, 2004, 07:30 AM
I agree with Luba and after that if there is no responce then by all means YES KEEP HER she is lucky you found her have you named her yet? and oh yes as glasslass said PICS!!!!!

shaz
September 5th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Indeed keep her is you've no responses. As others have mentioned she's one lucky lil kitty it was you and your family that found her. Isn't it the best when young ones take on the enormous responsibility of caring for a life smaller than themselves. Your son is a very special young man. I would also have the little one dewromed as they are a common if not always occurence in kittens..passed on through the mother's milk..even if they were not evident in the Mom. Kids can catch them so it's a good idea to do it. Very inexpensive..and they also have inexpensive spay neuter programs in almost every city. It just takes a little research..or let me know where you are and I'll post a place.

So what's her name going to be? :O)

Peace to you and yours all-ways,
Shaz