Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Girl with an annoying Chi

Dog Dancer
April 20th, 2009, 10:40 PM
So most of you know I take Shadow to work with me daily. She's so quiet and calm and well behaved you don't really even know she's there mostly. We have an apprentice who is attending classes at our building and so she started bringing in her little Chi. It's cute as a button, and she leaves it in it's bed in the classroom mostly. But a couple times now she's taken the pup outside at lunch and she lets it poop in the driveway and doesn't clean it up. It's been witnessed twice. Now the driveway is a mess of dirt right now as it's under construction, but that's not to say you can't step in poop. It just irks me that she figures it's a wee little dog I guess so how bad can it be. So today I ranted at the instructor and asked him to have a word with her or else I would. If she wasn't going to clean up she was not to bring the wee beestie back to the building. Lucky for her he talked to her. What is it with people (big dogs or little ones) who think it's no big deal to leave their mess behind?? :censored: Of course I worry that somebody will step in it and figure it was my dog's mess (although my dog weights 70 lbs and it would be hard to confuse the two piles....) That's my rant for today - she did go clean up after being told to.

hazelrunpack
April 20th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Sounds like it's not the chi that's annoying so much as the owner of said chi! :laughing:

I hear ya, though, about the not cleaning up part... I don't understand that, either :shrug:

Dee-O-Gee
April 20th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Sometime you really have to wonder about people and their dis-respect. I would feel TOTALLY embarassed standing along side watching my pup do his business then walk away like nothing happened.

Its good that you addressed this with your instructor and he followed up with the concern :thumbs up

Kassiaethne
April 20th, 2009, 11:21 PM
>.> okay I will fess up. When I was younger I used to train my two dogs to only poo on the lawn of people or neighbors I didnt like. aka man with little white dogs that never were controlled on a leash and would harrass my dog making it almost impossible to walk the 60 pound each beasts. >.< it was WAARRRR. SO maybe the owner was saying...I dun like you school....

Gail P
April 20th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Good for you for saying something, and at least she did go clean up when told. Some don't even do that much. My mom's gearing up to to battle with her neighbour at the cottage over the same issue. She's meticulous about picking up after her own dog, yet she drives up to the cottage, gets out of the car and steps in (or almost steps in) the neighbour's dogs piles. They are everywhere. Sometimes somebody with another couple of dogs is also next door and all the dogs go all over the place. There are only 2 permanent residents in the area in the winter, the rest are cottagers and she feels it's okay to let her dog roam around wherever it wants and use whoever's property it feels like, and she shouldn't have to clean it up. My mom's 78, like she needs to be cleaning up the whole winter's mess from somebody else's dog and on her own property, right between where she parks and goes into the cottage. That dog has also come over threatening my daughter and a friend when they were playing down by the water and my mom had words with the neighbour over that too. We were up there last week and I helped to clean up all the messes. We tossed them all over near where she parks and goes towards her door :evil: The neighbour once actually told my mom that she wouldn't care if my mom's dog wandered over there and asked her if she really want to make bad neighbour's over it. :yell: :loser: I should take all 8 of my guys up there and let them run loose around her property and see what she has to say then :evil: Oh and of course feed them well beforehand too :evil: My mom is going to pick up a copy of the bylaws when she's in town and see what she can do about it. Unfortunately around here they don't do much in the way of animal control. We had a couple of aggressive dogs living near me that the bylaw officer wouldn't do anything about. The people finally moved away.

Kassiaethne
April 21st, 2009, 01:49 AM
*coughs* I would just grab each thing of poo and leave it at their front door to be stepped on in the morning. see how they like it with a nice sign saying ^your gifts were left at the wrong house, enjoy^. See how long till they get the picture. no bag, (well pick up and collect in bag then put bag inside out till all poo lands happily onto their welcome mat) BUT then again Im not the nicest neighbor when it comes to neighbor wars

Luvmypitgirls
April 21st, 2009, 04:52 PM
My Inlaws, live in a mobile home park, not a stereotypical mobile home park, one that is very nice, clean and well landscaped with an incredible view.
Recently, the city of Calgary, ran a public bike path thru the greenspace at the back of the property.
The greenspace, was once used by homeowners to take their dogs to do their business. Being that it's mostly seniors, it was always clean, nobody left "poop" behind. There is cans attached to posts with poop bags incase someone forgot their own.
Well since the city put in a public bike path things have taken a major turn around. People walk/bike thru with their dogs, and leave behind piles and piles of "disrespect'.
I recently took Abby and Jersey there for a visit. I took them to the greenspace and was shocked by the amount of dog poop laying around.
I went back to the Inlaws place grabbed a ton of bags, and went to work picking up all the "poop". I filled over 20 safeway shopping bags, and I mean filled to the top where it was actually hard to tie them up. I filled three of the metal cans with these bags. And that was the area adjacent to my inlaws, a good sized space but I didn't do the whole length of the path that runs along the back of the park.
My Inlaws have complained to the park management and to the City of Calgary, and neither will do anything about the situation. What they have said, "unfortunately, there are rude ppl out there, there's not much we can do about it, if it bothers you so much, clean it up yourself. Afterall, you live there, it's the price you pay.":frustrated:
Now when I go over to visit, I take my pooperscooper, and will wander around picking up other ppl's dog poop, because not only is it unfair to the seniors to be expected to clean it up, it's unhealthy for them and their dogs.
When I see someone walking away from a steamypile with their dog, I bring to their attention that they are disrespectful and irresponsible, and how would they like it if I were to leave my dog poop on their property. Some grab a bag and clean it up, some give the one finger salute and keep walking.

Dog Dancer
April 21st, 2009, 06:19 PM
Well you're right, I'm choked at the girl not the dog. But just found out she's taking care of somebody's pig too, so I guess I should be happy she's only bringing the Chi to the school!!!:eek:

Luvmypitgirls
April 21st, 2009, 06:35 PM
Well you're right, I'm choked at the girl not the dog. But just found out she's taking care of somebody's pig too, so I guess I should be happy she's only bringing the Chi to the school!!!:eek:

Oh my a pig! I love pigs, had a friend with two of those potbellied pigs, she was told they would remain small, uh huh, Herman grew to be over 200lbs, and Holly was about 180.
When they started to "grow", my friend had no choice but to rehome them, she found a wonderful family that lived on an acreage to take them, and they signed a contract that they wouldn't be slaughtered for food. Also she had visiting rights with Herman and Holly. Herman lived to see almost 5 yrs of age, he developed an infection in his liver and passed away soon after, and Holly passed shortly afterwards as well, from what I believe was a broken heart. She was completely different after Herman died, not as friendly as she once had been.
There is a rescue here in Alberta that has had many potbellied pigs dumped on their doorstep and the farm owners end up keeping them, they get a dog house of their own and are loved for the rest of their days.

Etown_Chick
April 21st, 2009, 09:55 PM
After confronting one of our dog park humans (owner of two bichons) we were told that 'she doesn't DO that'. One of us (not me, I wish I'd thought of it) picked up her doo, and tied the baggie the antenna of her car...
hee heee
It didn't turn her into a responsible owner but it was funny.

hazelrunpack
April 21st, 2009, 11:30 PM

:laughing: Yes, life has its blessings, too! :thumbs up :D

Kassiaethne
April 21st, 2009, 11:38 PM
After confronting one of our dog park humans (owner of two bichons) we were told that 'she doesn't DO that'. One of us (not me, I wish I'd thought of it) picked up her doo, and tied the baggie the antenna of her car...
hee heee
It didn't turn her into a responsible owner but it was funny.

ah well then! I wouldnt have thought of the antenna. There ya go! instead of the doorstep cuz well it would be a bit much picking it up saving it finding her home driving there and dropping it off...tie it to her car if she does again ^^

Dog Dancer
April 22nd, 2009, 12:36 AM
Good idea about tying it to her car. I will. I always wanted a pig too, but just like with dogs so much irresponsible breeding has made these little pigs into big piggies that most people no longer want. Very sad. So now instead of a pot bellied pig I have a pot bellied husband. I don't know what this pig weighs that she's caring for. Name is Oreo. Apparently she came home from school yesterday and Oreo would not get up. She could not find a vet who would come to her house and she said he was too big to get into the car seeing as he wouldn't walk. She was trying to line up a vet today, but she left before I found out what happened. She was so upset and worried that the pig may die before the owners came home. It was funny because last week she left the Chi at home one day and said she left it home with the pig and I thought she was referring to her roommate!:laughing: Little did I know then...

Luvmypitgirls
April 22nd, 2009, 02:21 PM
It was funny because last week she left the Chi at home one day and said she left it home with the pig and I thought she was referring to her roommate!:laughing: Little did I know then...

:laughing: