Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hello

Katiegirl
April 20th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Hello:
I am the proud owner of a beautiful six year old shiztu named Katie(hence my name)- she is my baby and is a very well behaved little girl. We have been having a lot of trouble the last three months since her Dad died and I don't know what to do about it. Its very hard dealing with his being gone for myself, but I realize that Katie is feeling it very much too- a lot maybe since she spent her entire life never being alone, my husband was disbled and could not leave the house so Katie always had someone with her- and besides that - he was the "boss" of the house, not me- I was the one who did the walking and all the other good things we do together.......since he passed away tho- she has taken to barking at what seems to be nothing- and I think perhaps it was a mistake but having been on a leash from day one I decided for some reason to take her off it, and now I am having nothing but problems here. My life is not easy, but I am super stressing out about Katie- I know that she is not happy either, I want to figure out how we can both be again one day.
Katiegirl

hazelrunpack
April 20th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the board, Katie. Sorry to hear about your husband :grouphug: I'm sure with time and a little work, you and Katie will work things out. :goodvibes:

We'd love to see pics of her if you have any to share!

Mat&Murph
April 20th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Welcome to the board!!! We would love to see pics of your girl.

Katiegirl
April 22nd, 2009, 11:31 AM
Hi again:
One thing I have found out reading all the posts on here- it seems to be alright to use your own name???My name is Terry- I was using Katie because I was unsure about whether to use my name or not- but there you go hey? I am NOT a puter-wise person here either.....I do have pics of Katie-but having said what I just did- you can understand that I do not have a clue how to post them-one of these days I will learn and then can do it I hope.......Thanks again for all the kind words all of you- Terry

Mat&Murph
April 22nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
It is up to you. I use my boys names as my user name here. But my name is Karly. When you click Post Reply scroll down alittle and you will see a "manage attachments" Click on that and it will open a new window for you to upload pics.

Katiegirl
April 23rd, 2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks Karly- I appreciate the help very much! Have a wonderful day!!!
Terry

Miss Moe
April 24th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Welcome Terry. So sorry for your loss. I'm glad you have Katie to be by your side. My Elliemae has comforted me soooooooooo many times.:lovestruck:

As for getting your pics up, it took me weeks!:laughing:
Everyone was very patient with me though, so no worries. :goodvibes:

Katiegirl
April 28th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Thank you Miss Moe- I appreciate all of you who have responded to me- this is a great site and I feel very welcome here- there are very many really nice people in here- its wonderful.........Oh- I posted a pic of Katie in the dogs and dog behavior category yesterday and if I could remember how I did it I would do it here- however........thats another good question! But - you can see her there in all her glory if you are interested. She is my "life saver" as far as I am concerned, and it seems to me that we are slowly getting a little bit better as the days go by as far as the barking goes- thanks to all the wonderful suggestions I got!.........Terry