Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi, from Colleen and Mickey

mikischo
April 20th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Hi, everybody. I've kept coming back to this Discussion Group over the past several months and decided it was time to join. I'm Colleen and I have an 18 year old cat named Mickey. Mickey was diagnosed with early CRF a couple of years ago and the disease has progressed further this year. I see there are quite a number of others on this Discussion Group who are dealing with similar issues. Expect to hear a lot from me on the forums as I will be asking many questions and drawing on the experiences of others. Hopefully I will also be able to help others in return by sharing my own experiences. Thanks, Pets.ca for providing this great online community for pet lovers.

hazelrunpack
April 20th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the board, Colleen. Sorry to hear about Mickey's problems :grouphug:

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here--and some good information. Have you checked out growler's thread about her CRF cat, Duffy, here (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=45017)?

Mat&Murph
April 20th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Hey and welcome!!! Glad you decided to join us!!!

mikischo
April 21st, 2009, 08:33 AM
Thank you, Mat&Murph and hazelrunpack, for the warm welcome and thank you, hazelrunpack, for the link to growler's thread. I had seen some of her posts and read parts of her thread in my visits to this site prior to joining but I am definitely going to do a more thorough read of it. It is packed with information and useful links. I will also likely be starting a thread of my own with more information about Mickey and to talk about some of the issues of concern that Mick and I are dealing with at the present time.

Thanks again for the welcome!

hazelrunpack
April 21st, 2009, 01:43 PM
Btw, I forgot to say in my earlier post that if you have pics of Mickey to share with us, we'd love to see them! :D

Mat&Murph
April 21st, 2009, 01:48 PM
Me too. Can you believe we forgot to ask for pics??? :laughing: Hope You find some good suggestions for Mickey. There is great people here :grouphug: