Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New furniture and a migraine!

Luvmypitgirls
April 20th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Hubby and I went a couple weeks ago and purchased some new furniture, it was delivered yesterday, omg what a cluster***** yesterday turned out to be.

First of all Leon's came an hour earlier than they had said they would, that was fine, I had stayed up all night Friday to prepare, washed walls and etc.
So the guy comes to my door to see the doorways and such, and says "it's going to be a tight fit thru the doorway cuz that sofa is pretty big".
Off he goes to the truck and the other guy helps him get it down onto the sidewalk. They then proceed to take the plastic off and that's when I :eek:
I frantically yelled out to them, "Uh guys, yeah uh that's not my furniture!":eek:
They then proceed to tell me that well the numbers match up and such on the delivery form, hmmm, yeah ok, I know what my furniture looks like and that was not my furniture.
So they tell me that I have to drive into the city to Leon's and get it straightened out. :frustrated:
Off I go, over tired and madder than a banshee in heat, I had other plans and now I had to go all the way into the city to straighten out their mistake and track down my new furniture.
I got there, and asked for my salesperson. He said he would get it figured out. Few minutes later, he comes and says they think it's on the truck just had the wrong tag on it and needed a few more minutes to get it all worked out. Off he went. I decided to wander, and low and behold what do I find, still on the salesfloor...MY FURNITURE!:mad::mad: My furniture, that was supposed to be on the delivery truck, my furniture that I had purchased two weeks prior that I was told would be removed from the salesfloor immediately after our transaction was made.:frustrated: I went back to the customer service desk and waited for my salesman.
He comes to me and says there was a mistake made and I said "NO *****!, my furniture is still on the salesfloor and not on a delivery truck." He seemed quite embarrassed. Then he says they will reschedule for delivery for Tuesday, and I lost it.
I trucked my loveseat and sofa off to the dump the day before! I would have donated it but it was in pretty rough shape so we decided to throw it away. I explained to him that I had nothing to sit on and no way was I waiting until Tuesday for something they had two weeks to prepare for.
It was more back and forth to the manager's office and finally I had enough and told him, if my furniture wasn't in my house no later than 5:30 pm that day, not Tuesday, I would cancel the sale, and take my business elsewhere. I also explained that I have 6 other rooms I am going to refurnish in the next 6 months and if Leon's wants my business in the future, they had better do as I requested. My head was pounding good and hard by this point and I just wanted to go home and climb into bed.
My furniture was delivered at 5:00.:laughing:

It looked much smaller in the showroom, lol, omg this stuff is huge but I really like it.
This coming week I will be spending every waking moment, teaching the dogs to stay off the furniture, with my last set I didn't care since it was used and their dogs were on it.
They haven't even attempted to get on it today, but I'm sure they will eventually.
I told all the "human's" in the house that there won't be any eating nor drinking, nor passing gas on my new furniture either, of course they said they are willing to comply with the first two requests, but the passing gas they say is unrealistic:laughing:

cell
April 20th, 2009, 01:08 AM
sounds like a big head ache, but good job at standing up to get what you payed for! most people would have just rolled over and accepted it. On a side note funny mental image of people sitting on your couch watching TV and randomly standing up and sitting back down wordlessly haha good luck keeping the dogs off the furniture!

TacoGrl
April 20th, 2009, 09:04 AM
It's funny, I got my furniture from Leon's too and also was not impressed by their tactics. Basically, they told me they "might" deliver on a certain day and that the driver would call me in the morning to tell me what time he "thought" he'd be at my place...this was SO inconvenient, as I was moving on the same day and having my new furniture delivered to my new place, so not knowing what time I had to be at the new place to meet the truck there was :frustrated: Then it turned out they had sent the wrong colour, but I actually preferred the different colour so I kept it :D It was better than the Brick though...they THREW my previous sofa off the truck cuz they were hung over and lazy and didn't realize I had come out to watch them unload!

Good on you for standing your ground :thumbs up these places wouldn't know what customer service was if someone said "this is customer service dumba**"

ancientgirl
April 20th, 2009, 09:25 AM
What a mess. Don't you love it though when they make a mistake and you wind up having to fix it?

I have the same problem you do. My current couch was given to me by some people moving in my building. I don't like it much so I don't care what the cats do to it. Not a good idea for when I get a new couch.:rolleyes:

SIL
April 20th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Luvmypitgirls...I hope you at least got a free delivery!!!
We bought a coffee table and chair from the Bay and were told that the table was on back order and would take a few weeks to get our delivery. To our surprise they made 2 deliveries, one for the chair and a week later for the table...needless to say we didn't pay for the delivery charge.:D
It's sad when customer service is the last thing on their mind :sad:

Luvmypitgirls
April 20th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Luvmypitgirls...I hope you at least got a free delivery!!!
We bought a coffee table and chair from the Bay and were told that the table was on back order and would take a few weeks to get our delivery. To our surprise they made 2 deliveries, one for the chair and a week later for the table...needless to say we didn't pay for the delivery charge.:D
It's sad when customer service is the last thing on their mind :sad:

There was no delivery charge, but they only deliver to my town on Tuesdays and Saturdays, they do have to come fix the one arm on the sofa as you can feel the foam underneath isn't tacked down to the frame like it is on the other arm.
I am expecting a call from one of their "service managers" (:laughing: yeahhh service my freckled butt!) today. Due to the aggrevation I went thru, I am going to ask for a refund on my fabric protection, the least they can do is throw that in for free, and I want it done ASAP.

Cell lmao, the visual of ppl standing up and sitting down wordlessly is kinda funny, but if they don't then I will know they have passed gas on my new furniture!:rolleyes:

I think in the future I will just go to Ashley's, they had a livingroom set there that took my breath away, I just didn't want to spend that much on "familyroom" furniture. I am however going to get my new bedroom set there, and from what I hear they have exceptional customer service.

I still need tables for my familyroom, however I'm thinking of refinishing a set my MIL gave me, they are a tacky gold metal and glass, I think a can of dark brown spray paint could make them look much better, and I can save a few bucks.

Dog Dancer
April 20th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Oh I can share your migrane pain, had one all weekend as well. Too bad you had to deal with those dopes though. I agree that most stores don't know customer service from squat these days. Good for you for standing up to them though.

kara1
April 20th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Yah watch out for united furniture warehouse they are owned by the brick and ufw can change there policies and not follow through with there previous purchased contracts. i had nothing but problems with them about a month ago

Diamondsmum
April 20th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Ahhh furniture nightmares.. sigh LOL

2 summers ago we bought a whirlpool washer/dryer from futureshop.

day of delivery.. they removed the old washer/dryer. banged wall badly (we rent and londlord had given us ok to put own stuff in) went to hook up dryer & pulled my vent from the wall busting it completely.. at same time leaning brandnew dryer on its edge.. Scratched to ^%$%^& dented delivery guy says not our fault.. UMM yeah it is.. lots of me yelling at him in street for his carelessness hubby gets home I told him what happned & show damage we march up to futureshop with pics of damage.. They GIVE US brandew dryer & that we take home on our truck & credit us BACK full amount for the washer/dryer check off $2500.00 recived in 3 days. Sales man lived closed by he PICKS up scratched dented dryer.

:D

Luvmypitgirls
April 20th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Ahhh furniture nightmares.. sigh LOL

2 summers ago we bought a whirlpool washer/dryer from futureshop.

day of delivery.. they removed the old washer/dryer. banged wall badly (we rent and londlord had given us ok to put own stuff in) went to hook up dryer & pulled my vent from the wall busting it completely.. at same time leaning brandnew dryer on its edge.. Scratched to ^%$%^& dented delivery guy says not our fault.. UMM yeah it is.. lots of me yelling at him in street for his carelessness hubby gets home I told him what happned & show damage we march up to futureshop with pics of damage.. They GIVE US brandew dryer & that we take home on our truck & credit us BACK full amount for the washer/dryer check off $2500.00 recived in 3 days. Sales man lived closed by he PICKS up scratched dented dryer.

:D

Wow, well at least you got great service with the exception of the delivery dudes.
I do find Futureshop great for customer service tho, we purchased a stove there, and it didn't work, they came picked it back up delivered us a new one, even nicer than the one we had bought at no extra charge, plus gave us a a gift certificate for 150.00.

Sears, isn't too bad either. Bought a Kenmore frenchdoor refrigerator with the freezer drawer on the bottom, in stainless steel. Delivery guys dented it, Sears offered to deliver a new one the next day or give us a refund of 500.00 if we kept it. We kept it, the dent is soo small you can only see it from certain angles, and I figured 500 bucks back was a great deal.

growler~GateKeeper
April 21st, 2009, 01:44 AM
I just have to say LMPG you come up with the best 'new words' :laugh: :thumbs up :laughing:

onster
April 21st, 2009, 01:59 PM
wow all this free stuff...I really should complain more!! I always get jipped :frustrated:

Sorry u had to go thru that frustration LMPG!

Luvmypitgirls
April 21st, 2009, 05:01 PM
wow all this free stuff...I really should complain more!! I always get jipped :frustrated:

Sorry u had to go thru that frustration LMPG!

Well since the furniture arrived, this is truly the first day I've actually enjoyed it and appreciated it. Been to miserable up to this point lol, not sure if it was the bad experience or "man"opause, hubby really gettin' under my skin the last couple days:frustrated:

The fabric protection ppl are coming tomorrow, I was surprised I thought I'd be waiting a lot longer.

Abby, tried to get up on the sofa a couple times yesterday but I said her name and gave her stinkeye, and she abandoned her attempts. The other dogs have not tried to jump up on it, I am amazed.

Diamondsmum
April 21st, 2009, 10:15 PM
I was in a major hurry for my post sorry LMPG.. (off to get MRI)

I apologize:o I am glad you got it fixed & can somewhat enjoy it now.

Luvmypitgirls
April 22nd, 2009, 02:23 PM
I was in a major hurry for my post sorry LMPG.. (off to get MRI)

I apologize:o I am glad you got it fixed & can somewhat enjoy it now.

Thanks DM, and I hope your MRI goes well, and that everything is ok.
I'll be thinking of you.:grouphug: