Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Huge Fire in My neck of the woods

Diamondsmum
April 19th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Well For those who know the area .. (Jacksons Point)

For 130 years The Red Barn Threatre (Its an actual Red Barn) has drawn tourists to our little town for amazing productions in the summer.

Well Last night(Sat April 18th) it went up in Flames.. My DD & I watched it. as did many in our small town.

:rip: Red Barn Our town history.. Poof gone.

It took 10+ fire trucks to contain it.. but no reports of casualities. (It wasnt opened yet for the season)

Video (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1128345483754&ref=nf) <this was shot by my sons friend who's house is in close proximity to it.

It is a very sad day in our town.. :cry:

My Kids and I used to go alot when they are younger it is walking Distance from my house.

Diamondsmum
April 19th, 2009, 01:35 PM
And some more..

rainbow
April 19th, 2009, 03:15 PM
It's always such a shame when a historic building goes up in flames. :sad:

I'm sorry to hear about your town's loss. :grouphug: :candle:

chico2
April 19th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Diamondsmom,how sad is that:sad:that place was history and can never be replaced.

Chris21711
April 19th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Holy Crow DM - hard to believe :eek: It used to draw a lot of tourists in the season....:sad:

Do they have any idea yet on how it started?

Diamondsmum
April 19th, 2009, 06:15 PM
chris arson is suspected, Cops are convansing the area (asking anything/anyone suspicious was around)

:sad:

angeldogs
April 19th, 2009, 08:16 PM
If it is arson i do hope they get caught and are given xtra time for burning down a historic landmark.That's sickand a disrepectful thing they did and to the town.

Luvmypitgirls
April 20th, 2009, 12:22 AM
It sad to see a historic building destroyed, and it's even worse if it was caused by a deliberate act such as arson.
If it was indeed arson, I hope they catch the moron(s) responsible.

Hopefully the theater will be rebuilt, I know it won't be the same, but perhaps they can build a replica of the original.

Chris21711
April 20th, 2009, 10:56 AM
chris arson is suspected, Cops are convansing the area (asking anything/anyone suspicious was around)

:sad:

It never fails to amaze me how some folks get their jollies if it is arson :frustrated:

LMPG - they said in the paper this morning that they are going to rebuild it....won't be the same though :sad:

Dog Dancer
April 20th, 2009, 01:03 PM
How very sad, but at least there were no injuries. I'll never understand why some people get their kicks doing this crap.

Mat&Murph
April 20th, 2009, 01:04 PM
How very sad DM!!!

Luvmypitgirls
April 20th, 2009, 01:07 PM
It never fails to amaze me how some folks get their jollies if it is arson :frustrated:

LMPG - they said in the paper this morning that they are going to rebuild it....won't be the same though :sad:

No sadly it won't be the same, you can never replace the history or memories created in such a wonderful place.
I'm glad to hear that they will be rebuilding tho, did they say if it will be a replica of the old building?

Diamondsmum
April 20th, 2009, 02:36 PM
LMPG...I think so .. (I hope so)

They are currently looking for another place to house the 60th sseason as tickets for this summer were already sold. 2 months away from opening for the season.

angeldogs
April 20th, 2009, 06:01 PM

It never is the same and the people who start this fires don't care at all