Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

So angry, petrified...

onster
April 18th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Its ok...MOM FOUND HIM!!!!

Mom was checking the yard one more time while i got the litterbox and she saw his eyes glowing in the yard. She came up to him and he ran away ..at the point I had just stepped out. I went to him, approached really slowly, got on my knees. He came towards me then ran away. I mananged to catch him and was half way to the door when he freaked out and clawed the heck out of me. We managed to get him indoors after a few bad scratches though..

Thank God.

Sorry for the premature freakout.

My lil bro is still in hot water tho.

babymomma
April 18th, 2009, 08:05 PM
OMG Onster! I can imagine why you are so pissed off, And why you are so scared for him.. hate when things like this are shrugged off by others... Im sure you'll find him safe and sound..But in the mean time, Take A minute and let your Tears fall and clear your head.. Think off where he might go.. Maybe he Followd your new mousey friend?..

Good luck with your search, im sure he hastnt gone far! :fingerscr:goodvibes:

onster
April 18th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks BM

I updated my main post so ppl wouldnt have to read it , freakout, then find out we found him.

I have no idea where he went cuz we seriously went all over and called his name. Went on our hands and knees under bushes.

I am glad he came back though :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

*phew*

thank God.

hazelrunpack
April 18th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Oh, no, onster! :grouphug: Not again! :yell:

Oh, I hope he hasn't gone far! Did you find some friends to help look for him? :goodvibes: :fingerscr :pray:

hazelrunpack
April 18th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks BM

I updated my main post so ppl wouldnt have to read it , freakout, then find out we found him.

I have no idea where he went cuz we seriously went all over and called his name. Went on our hands and knees under bushes.

I am glad he came back though :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

*phew*

thank God.
Too late! hazel freaked!! :eek:

He came back?!?

:goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
April 18th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Okay, I see it now. :D

Thank heavens he stuck around! How badly did he nail you with those claws, though? :eek:

onster
April 18th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Yes hazel my mom said he was literally jsut in the middle of the yard lying down. SHe saw his eyes reflecting.

angeldogs
April 18th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I would have been freaking out too if one of mine escape.Bunduk sure makes your life an adventure keeping you on your toes.glad your mom found him.

babymomma
April 18th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Oh THANK DAWG you found him!!! I was worried sick.. I cant imagine what i would do if keely ran away:eek:

Now little boy.. No more running away and scaring your mommy! :frustrated: And the rest of us!

onster
April 18th, 2009, 08:31 PM
yes thank God. He definately wasnt in the yard before so I have no idea where he went and how he came back but Im glad he did.

He was sincerely petrified though. His tail was all poofed up and it was like one second he thought "oh its the mama" and then the next "she's trying to abduct me :yell::yell::yell::yell:"

I have a long scratch across my abdomen (went thru my top) but it looks ok. I just used an alcohol wipe over it.

14+kitties
April 18th, 2009, 08:37 PM
OMGosh! That boy of yours! You are going to have to have a family meeting and make it very plain that he never ever goes outside again without a harness and two people holding him! He doesn't have many lives left the little beggar! Scares the begeebers out of all of us when he does these things!
I am so glad he is back and so sorry you have an owie from him! :grouphug::grouphug:

onster
April 18th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I really dont know where he went tho...we went all around our court, down the street to the woods, up the street a few houses down. We looked out from our 2nd floor window and no sign of him as far as the eye could see. Our house is on the corner so we went along the fence all along the side of the house (in case he was behind the trees in our yard) but also nothing :shrug::shrug:

oh and when i finally found him, i realized bro was watching a basketball game not a football game. Either way he's not in my good books right now. I mean at the least he couldve looked with me??? Ah well I suppose all that matters is we found him.

14+kitties
April 18th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Under the deck maybe looking for that mousie?

onster
April 18th, 2009, 08:44 PM
thanks 14+. Honestly if its up to me I dont want him out at all. Ive already had this fight.

Onnie is good outside and if he so much as hears anything weird (eg a dog being walkd down the street) he runs back to the deck. Of course we also go out with him but its so much easier to watch him, he stays in plain site. After 5 mins he goes back on his own accord anyway.

My family thinks its cruel to go out with Onnie and not Bunduk. They think that they can watch Bunduk outside but honestly you really cant!!! Ive tried and while i havent lost him outside I dont get any work done and end up scooping him up half the time and bringing him back to the centre of the yard or near me (rather than at the edges)

I dont know whehter to just put my foot down and scratch the whole idea of either cat going outside or to try a harness ?

14+kitties
April 18th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Knowing Bunduk he would find a way to wriggle out of the harness too. If it were me the kitty would not get out again! Not cruel at all. Better safe than sorry. Four of my house kitties don't go outside period and they sure don't seem to miss it. TT of course as soon as I head for the door he thinks it's time for him to go for a walk with Mom.
Seriously, I would keep Bunduk in. He has caused you enough worry.

onster
April 18th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Under the deck maybe looking for that mousie?

lol...maybe. Actually when my mom and I first started looking we thought we heard faint meowing but then we couldnt hear it anymore and we searched the area so many times and no bunduk. Maybe he found some sort of hidey hole? :shrug:

You know what freaked meout more? Not to be like paranoid or superstitous or something but yesterday I opened the front door to find two bags of incense sticks (jasmine and something else) stuffed thru the door handle. They were 2 packs with a clear price sticker that was there and then ripped off. PArt of it reads "KW Sur".

We thought one of my moms friends dropped it off for her as a gift maybe but we called everyone and no one knows where it came from.

I remembered when Bunduk went missing that one time and we found something weird on our doorstep. remember the rabbit with the severed head.

Now that I thnk of it im probably being really ridiculous, especially since we found him and really incense sticks are not that ominous :rolleyes: but when I was so panicked over him i didn tknow what to think.

onster
April 18th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Ok I realize my last post makes me sound really stupid :loser: lol but really I mean who puts insense sticks in your front door handle? With no note or anything? It clearly isnt a promo thing cuz it was clearly bought at a store then the sticker removed. Ok i know i sound crazy. of course this has nothing to do with Bunduk but Im just saying its weird and it was adding to my anxiousness in the moment.

14+

I think you are right. I think we will have a family 'meeting' tomorrow. I really need to discuss this with my brother. When my mom found bunduk he said "see he came back". I want to make it clear that we were *lucky*. It doesnt mean that its ok to let him out!!

14+kitties
April 18th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Very strange. People are just weird. :crazy:
Important thing is Bunduk is home and safe one more time!

hazelrunpack
April 18th, 2009, 08:58 PM
holy cats, onster! I'd be paranoid, too! :eek:

oh....wait....madame hazel is already paranoid :o

As for lil bro...I think whippin' him with that cat toy until he cries uncle would be poetic justice :p Just remember that he's taller than you so be prepared to run... :laughing:

14+kitties
April 18th, 2009, 09:01 PM
That sounds like a very good idea onster. Your bro has been away for a while and may have forgotten how dangerous it is for Bunduk and the trouble he manages to find.

Love4himies
April 18th, 2009, 10:33 PM
WTH did Bunduk do now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That friggin boy needs supervision 24/7. :frustrated: :eek: :yell: :frustrated::frustrated:

I assume it was Bunduk that caused all this commotion :p

Please update some of us who are not in the know :o

rainbow
April 18th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Onster, I am sure glad you edited your first post with an update that Bunduk was found or I would have been freaking till the end. :eek:

And, 50 lashes with an IPod wire on your bro for not helping you. :o

You know what freaked meout more? Not to be like paranoid or superstitous or something but yesterday I opened the front door to find two bags of incense sticks (jasmine and something else) stuffed thru the door handle. They were 2 packs with a clear price sticker that was there and then ripped off. PArt of it reads "KW Sur".

We thought one of my moms friends dropped it off for her as a gift maybe but we called everyone and no one knows where it came from.

I remembered when Bunduk went missing that one time and we found something weird on our doorstep. remember the rabbit with the severed head.

Now that I thnk of it im probably being really ridiculous, especially since we found him and really incense sticks are not that ominous :rolleyes: but when I was so panicked over him i didn tknow what to think.

Ok I realize my last post makes me sound really stupid :loser: lol but really I mean who puts insense sticks in your front door handle? With no note or anything? It clearly isnt a promo thing cuz it was clearly bought at a store then the sticker removed. Ok i know i sound crazy. of course this has nothing to do with Bunduk but Im just saying its weird and it was adding to my anxiousness in the moment.

You are not being ridiculous at all and I would get the info added to the previous police report.

onster
April 18th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Very strange. People are just weird.
Important thing is Bunduk is home and safe one more time!

Yes...I have to wonder tho how many lives does this one cat have! I have to say I was crying when I looking outside even though it was only about an hour in :o Just with the sun setting and then it getting pitch black I was so panicked.

holy cats, onster! I'd be paranoid, too!

oh....wait....madame hazel is already paranoid :o
lol
As for lil bro...I think whippin' him with that cat toy until he cries uncle would be poetic justice :p Just remember that he's taller than you so be prepared to run... :laughing:
:laughing::laughing: But little bro is also fitter than me ..plus those long legs give him speed hahaha. I dunno its good to have him back but at the same time I wanna kick his a$$ half the time!!!! siblings i tell u lol.
That sounds like a very good idea onster. Your bro has been away for a while and may have forgotten how dangerous it is for Bunduk and the trouble he manages to find.

i didnt think of it that way. Wel my bro lets his cat out in egypt. But my bro lives in a resort with no cars, no predators, where all the workers and staff know whose cat this is. Its different.

WTH did Bunduk do now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That friggin boy needs supervision 24/7. :frustrated: :eek: :yell: :frustrated::frustrated:

I assume it was Bunduk that caused all this commotion :p

Please update some of us who are not in the know :o

Yes its Bunduk, who else :rolleyes: Sorry I just edited my first post so people wouldnt worry reading it and then have to read thru the thread to know I found him. Basically I went out and my lil bro decided to garden some and let the cats out with him. When I came home he said he wasnt sure where bunduk was but he was watching the game :yell: I at first calmly looked around the yard. Then I got anxious as I didnt find him in the back. Then I started hollering for him to help me :yell: He ignored me. My mom said dont worry he'll come back. I searched along for a bit and didnt find him at which point my mom probably realized i was going to have a nervous breakdown and she got dressed and went out with me. We looked around the house and neighborhoud for a good hour and a half shaking the temptations treats he usually comes running for and calling his name. No bunduk. The sun set. No bunduk. It was pitch black..no Bunduk. I posted in here b4 I went to put the litterboxes out (ive read b4 that the scent helps them come home). My mom had prayed the after sunset prayer (and she told me later she prayed a special prayer for him to be found) and then went out to look for him in the yard and apparently there he was just lying down in the middle of the lawn! All she saw were his eyes reflecting back.

:grouphug::grouphug:

onster
April 18th, 2009, 11:31 PM
lol rainbow, the ipod wire is no more. I'm just gonna have to have a serious talk with him tomorrow...he still doesnt really think it was worth all the fuss I made over it. He kept saying he will come back, dont worry- of course saying this while on the recliner watching the game. I snapped at him and told him if he said that one more time ...well...something unpleasant was going to happen to him, lol

u really think so, adding it the report? My mom has a friend who is wiccan I guess..or maybe something like wiccan and she told her not to burn them because they could have a spell on them :confused: ummm ok now that is *really* too out there for me/my mom but were not going to use them anyway. Its just weird. Im hoping someone will tell us they dropped it off for whatever reason??

Let me tell you Im glad we have a home security system!! Our neighbours across from us on the court recently had an issue with vandalism, the police were called. They were at their cottage and came back to a lot of the decor on the front steps smashed and these big clay pots turned over. The wife asked us if we'd seen anything but we hadnt...her husband is our dentist and she said he was a bit sensitive in these respects and thought maybe it was a racist thing. They are pakistani muslims.

btw i realize this has totally gone off topic of bunduk going missing for an evening, but threadjacking is what I do i cant help it lol

growler~GateKeeper
April 19th, 2009, 12:25 AM
:grouphug: Onster I'm so glad Bunduk is safe inside where he belongs

Tundra_Queen
April 19th, 2009, 04:58 AM
I am so glad that u were able to find Bunduk.

I have panic attacks when Willie gets outside too. He sneaks out on hubby all the time! (hubs is blind) All the cats have bells on their collars, but they get to know after a while not to make a noise. *S* All our cats are indoor only cats, unless they sneak out! Much safer.

But I'm so glad he was found, maybe he will now decide outside is not a good place to be!

Love4himies
April 19th, 2009, 07:14 AM
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: OMG, I would have been scared to death too.

I think Bunduk has been placed with you to test your inner strength, what a boy he is. :grouphug:

chico2
April 19th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Phew,I am glad I did not read the original post first,and Thank Dog you found the little trouble-maker:cat:
When we are outside with the cats and we are doing gardening,I always have one eye on the cats and one on what we are doing.
The only one who jumped the fence a couple of times is Chico,but since he was lost for a couple of hours(me in absolute panic-mode)once and came back exhausted and scared,he's never tried it again:fingerscr
Usually my cats do the rounds,check out any pee-mail:laughing:,chew some cat-nip,do a couple of zoomies,then they'll lay down in the sun.
Hubby is not as paranoid as I am,he always says,they'll not jump,but I always have to know exactly where they are at all times.

ancientgirl
April 19th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Oh boy, that boy! I'd give your brother a kick in the butt or two!:frustrated:

I was thinking if you want to let them out now and then, maybe building a little enclosure for them is an option. I've seen these really neat ones online, and many of them have little openings that are connected to your home. So they can go in and out and enjoy the outdoors but safely.

I'm glad this time he stuck around.

Chris21711
April 19th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I gather Bunduk is feeling fully recovered Onster:evil:

My what a scare :eek: I sure hope you solve the mystery of the gift of incense

onster
April 19th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks everyone! :grouphug::grouphug: