Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

WTF! Vick show in the works!

Luvmypitgirls
April 16th, 2009, 08:01 AM
It was reported this morning on the news that Mike Vick is in negotiations with producers to have his own reality show!
Cameras could follow him around, and show how he is trying to make amends for his past.
I'd rather follow a manure truck in a convertible!

Vick, you can never make amends for the sadistic animal abuse you participated in.

This pr*ck after what he has done may get his own tv show...there is something seriously wrong in the world.

God bless all the Pitbulls this man murdered and abused.

Love4himies
April 16th, 2009, 08:09 AM
OMG, Now I have heard everything. How can a producer even think about making that scumbag into a star.

ancientgirl
April 16th, 2009, 09:03 AM
But that's what we do in the US, we promote worthless good for nothing people for profit.

Unbelievable! Of course he wants his own reality show. He wants to "show" America he's a changed man. He'll go around saying how sorry he is for what happened, then go to some shelters and pose with pit bulls and pretend he's a good guy now and he really is a changed man.

Because you know, prison will do that to you, you'll go in the scum of the earth, and come out a born again Christian!:yuck::wall::wall::wall:

Please, if anyone finds out what company is going to do this show and what station will air it, please post it. I will be sending them mail daily telling them what scum THEY are for even giving this man a voice!

THOSE DOGS HAD NO VOICE, HE DOESN'T DESERVE ONE!

CearaQC
April 16th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I did a search and it seems there are only talks with producers and it hasn't gone beyond that.

Just don't watch TV. I don't, and have not for about a year and could not be happier. :D Turning off the satellite subscription was the best decision ever. My tv set is unplugged. We do not even watch DVDs.

ancientgirl
April 16th, 2009, 09:17 AM
If I had a yard to do stuff in, I probably wouldn't need a tv either. That would occupy lots of my time, planting veggies, making a safe area for the gang...

Hopefully no producer in their right mind will do a show with this guy!:pray:

chico2
April 16th, 2009, 09:17 AM
OMG,that's all I can say:evil:for any producer to even think such evil thoughts makes you sick:evil:

BenMax
April 16th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I think a reality show with Vick vs those who took his dogs after rehab. They can create a pit and throw him in it one by one with all those that are now blessed with his prize possessions. Now that would be entertainment that I would watch.

Love4himies
April 16th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I think a reality show with Vick vs those who took his dogs after rehab. They can create a pit and throw him in it one by one with all those that are now blessed with his prize possessions. Now that would be entertainment that I would watch.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: Me too.

Mat&Murph
April 16th, 2009, 10:41 AM
He just wants to make money. He can't do it with the dogs anymore. so he is trying to think of something..anybody entertaining the idea for him in his own show is just as sick as he is..... BenMax I would go for your idea too!!!!

marko
April 16th, 2009, 11:23 AM
They should get Charles Manson out of prison too and give him a show. Too bad Hitler and Genghis Khan are dead.

The real problem here, unfortunately.... is that in general we the people are 100% complicit in this nonsense. We lap this crap up every day. If these shows didn't get viewers, they wouldn't be on T.V.

Chris21711
April 16th, 2009, 11:29 AM
The real problem here, unfortunately.... is that in general we the people are 100% complicit in this nonsense. We lap this crap up every day. If these shows didn't get viewers, they wouldn't be on T.V.

You said it in a nutshell Marko.

Personally I can't stand any of the reality shows....I do not understand how they call them reality shows in the first place..What is REAL about them :confused:

Khari
April 16th, 2009, 11:30 AM
WOW - this is bascially telling people that it is okay to abuse animals. Put a bit of time in jail and when you get out you will get your own reality show and continue playing football. My stomach feels sick and my eyes are welling with tears.

Is there anything we can do to make a HUGE ruckass about this? If it becomes such an issue they may just pan the idea? Do you have the source where you found out about this news?

ancientgirl
April 16th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Marko, I totally agree. But unfortunately, we live in the kind of society that makes celebrities of just about any moron.

People say they hate it, but they love watching. It's like watching a train wreck, they can't help but look!

If more people would stop watching things like this they would stop being made. I'm really hoping this doesn't go beyond just being discussed, because this man doesn't deserve to still make money off of these dogs! In essence that's what he will be doing.

Jim Hall
April 16th, 2009, 11:58 AM
now on the michael vivk show

see mv expressing anal glands
see mv try out a rape stand he says its real comfy
see mv muck out every dog pound in the state
see mv clipping poodle

LavenderRott
April 16th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Here is the article I found

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i4a50bb94c176803b3f244d79c73d1d80

If you go to the A&E homepage and the SpikeTV homepage - you will find a "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. Click on it and you can tell them exactly what you think of their adding "Mr." Vick to their lineup.

Bailey_
April 16th, 2009, 02:07 PM
If they air that kind of disgusting tv show and actually PAY that man a cent, I seriously hope their viewers boycott that channel. I know I will be doing so, but I'm hoping it won't come to that. They have to be INSANE to air that guy.

ancientgirl
April 16th, 2009, 02:41 PM
I posted a comment. What really bothers me were half the people who commented were angry at those defending the dogs!

"it's just dogs" "he did his time" "He did more time than someone who killed a person."

Unbelievable.

CearaQC
April 16th, 2009, 03:15 PM
If I had a yard to do stuff in, I probably wouldn't need a tv either. That would occupy lots of my time, planting veggies, making a safe area for the gang...

Hopefully no producer in their right mind will do a show with this guy!:pray:

Well there's always the library with lots of stuff to read and study, or taking a walk, collecting shells on the beach (good for crafts), write in a journal, take pictures, learn a new skill, volunteer your time... :D

Don't need to own land to garden. :cool: Go to Liberty Square in Miami - it's a brand new community garden for veg. West Coconut Grove too.

Mat&Murph
April 16th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Marko and AG You guys hit it on the head... My response to people who say "it is only a dog" is What happens when he gets bored with the dog?? Regardless Dogs and anyother pet for that matter are living, feeling creatures that should be treated as such.
As far as I am concernd have a pet is a privilege and I am honourd to spend my days with 2 drooly heads!!

Bailey_
April 16th, 2009, 03:38 PM
As far as I am concernd have a pet is a privilege and I am honourd to spend my days with 2 drooly heads!!

Awwwhh, :cloud9:

Well said.:highfive:

chico2
April 16th, 2009, 05:08 PM
I too posted a comment on that site,some people there thinks it's perfectly acceptable for Vick to have a "reality"show,that really shocks me,but then again does not surprise me.
To me this man is an evil being,never ever to be forgiven for his dastardly deeds.
The Best Friends Animal-Sanctuary(dog-town) is trying to amend the damage to the dogs who survived the horror,every penny MV earns from a reality show should be given to the people who are trying to rehab these poor dogs.
I admit,I watch Amazing Race,Survivor and American Idol,but Michael Vick,never in your life:evil:

Luvmypitgirls
April 16th, 2009, 05:51 PM
I posted too, under the name Cate. Ohhh now it's out...my name is Cate..(Catie..well actually Catherine but I go by Cate lol)
Can ya tell I haven't had any sleep?:laughing:

Khari
April 16th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the article. I crossposted it on my facebook and far and wide - please do the same and ask everyone to contact A&E and SpikeTV, thanks!

ancientgirl
April 16th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I'd watch a show with him cleaning the dirtiest toilets in the world with his toothbrush and soap:evil:. Because that's the only job he deserves.

Shaykeija
April 16th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Personally the only show I would like to see him on is Oz. On the receiving end of Bubba...

angeldogs
April 16th, 2009, 10:18 PM

I don't watch realilty shows at all or much tv period.but i would watch that.

Luvmypitgirls
April 16th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Personally the only show I would like to see him on is Oz. On the receiving end of Bubba...

Ohhhh yesssssss to see Vick as a "receiver" of Bubba, yep that I'd watch!
Sad thing is.....he'd prolly enjoy that too:laughing:

Chris21711
April 17th, 2009, 11:46 AM
now on the michael vivk show

see mv expressing anal glands
see mv try out a rape stand he says its real comfy
see mv muck out every dog pound in the state
see mv clipping poodle

I love your way of thinking Jim :thumbs up

Jim Hall
April 17th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Well there's always the library with lots of stuff to read and study, or taking a walk, collecting shells on the beach (good for crafts), write in a journal, take pictures, learn a new skill, volunteer your time... :D

Don't need to own land to garden. :cool: Go to Liberty Square in Miami - it's a brand new community garden for veg. West Coconut Grove too.
ooohhha yard yah i remeber those and a tree maybe?

chico2
April 17th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Jim Hall,love what you wrote:thumbs up

Luvmypitgirls
April 18th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Ohh my did I get a couple nasty replies on that site ...ohh ouch! :laughing:

chico2
April 18th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Me too LMPG,,but that's ok:dog:
It amazes me,how we because we are human and the victims were not human,we should forgive Vick's dastardly deeds...the pain and horror was no less because the victims were dogs.
I will never understand:sad:

Luvmypitgirls
April 18th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Me too LMPG,,but that's ok:dog:
It amazes me,how we because we are human and the victims were not human,we should forgive Vick's dastardly deeds...the pain and horror was no less because the victims were dogs.
I will never understand:sad:

Neither will I chico, neither will I.
It completely dumbfounds me, how some humans are totally lacking in empathy.

I especially "liked" (being sarcastic of course), the post where it was inferred that I am a monster for having Pitbulls, and where it was suggested that at some point my Pitbulls will maul and kill a child, because Pitbulls are dangerous dogs. Dangerous?
I have had Pitbulls for years, and I have known many Pitbulls throughout my almost 42 years, that have never so much as lifted a lip to a human, let alone maul and kill.
Of course in the minds of some MV, should be given a second chance, I am not of that opinion, in my mind there are a select sect of people that should not get a second chance and that would be anyone willing with intent to hurt and kill the most vulnerable and innocent amongst us, whether it be a child, a senior, a disabled person or an animal . MV, falls into that sect, therefore should not be given a second chance to reclaim his fame.
I am a responsible "dog" guardian, regardless of the breed I have, and if having Pitbulls makes me a monster to some, I guess that is something I have to accept, and for the love of the breed I do so willingly.

Mat&Murph
April 18th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Holy....I can't believe someone would actually write that!!!!! We have Pitty next door (cousin's dog ) and he is the biggest baby (besides from my boys) that I have ever met!!!! As far as the kids, He gets sooo excited to see them he just wiggles all over!!! Don't worry about narrow mined people~!!!

ancientgirl
April 18th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Humans tend to think they are the most important animals on this earth. That everything is ours for the taking and it is all here for our consumption

It tells me more about these people who are defending Vick than they realize. I don't want to know a person like that.

When I was a child, I was cornered in a friends kitchen by her dog. He was growling and lunging at me and I had to climb on the kitchen table and scream for help. It was a small dog! Not a pit bull, nor a rottweiler or a Doberman, no it was a small dog, smaller than a beagle.

I had the same problem several years later riding my bike from school. A small dog tried to attack me.

These breeds have been vilified by the media and people who are too lazy want to just believe everything they read and see on TV.

They don't realize that dog attack they read about was a mistake, and it wasn't a pit bull, but a dog who was about the size of one. I once read an attack was attributed to a pit bull when it was realy a lab. The correction didn't make the front page, it was buried within the papers pages. Allowing people to believe the myth of the evil pit bull.:rolleyes:

chico2
April 18th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Of course in the wrong hands,mistreated and abused.any dog could become dangerous,but it's amazing to see an animal who has been abused,become the most loving dog in many cases.
They are the most forgiving trusting creatures,much more than you can say about humans.
Even MV's dogs will have a future free of pain and abuse.
If found to be unsuitable for adoption,they will live out their lives in Dog-Town at the Best Friends Sanctuary.:thumbs up

chico2
April 18th, 2009, 04:41 PM
LMPG,I know you don't let ignorant people bother you,you have 3 beautiful dogs,to love and get love and devotion from,the ignoramuses(if there is such a word:confused:) should be so lucky:evil:

Luvmypitgirls
April 19th, 2009, 11:50 PM
LMPG,I know you don't let ignorant people bother you,you have 3 beautiful dogs,to love and get love and devotion from,the ignoramuses(if there is such a word:confused:) should be so lucky:evil:

Thank you Chico, I try not to let ignorant ppl get to me, but sometimes it can be a bit difficult. Sometimes, I get to the point where it's like enough is enough, and I need to vent or get "pissy" with someone that is in my face spewing the same ole "Pitbulls should be banned, they are child killers", and blah blah blah.

I met a kid, who lost one of his eyes, his mother's Chi attacked him when he was 4 months old, of course that didn't make the headlines.:frustrated:

Tonight while hubby and I were taking the Pitgirls for a walk thru the park (on leash of course), three different ppl seen us and picked up their lil dogs, I was going to say something to them about how that is the worst thing you could do, but I just chuckled under my breath as they passed by, making a huge girth around us.

Sometimes, I truly believe I'm fighting a losing battle when it comes to trying to change ppl's perceptions and misconceptions about "Pitbulls" (bully breeds).
But I'll never stop trying.

ancientgirl
April 20th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Unfortunately, we are outnumbered. The media is the worst. They could be doing a lot more to help dispel these misconceptions, but they won't because it's not news worthy enough.

Luvmypitgirls
April 20th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Unfortunately, we are outnumbered. The media is the worst. They could be doing a lot more to help dispel these misconceptions, but they won't because it's not news worthy enough.

Sadly you are right.

Khari
April 20th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Let's not let Vick benefit from abusing dogs

Please sign International Society for Animal Rights Petition and crosspost:
http://www.isaronline.citymax.com/petition_vick.html

Kassiaethne
April 20th, 2009, 11:27 PM
*signed petition*

Luvmypitgirls
April 21st, 2009, 04:55 PM
Let's not let Vick benefit from abusing dogs

Please sign International Society for Animal Rights Petition and crosspost:
http://www.isaronline.citymax.com/petition_vick.html

I tried but it wouldn't let me, perhaps because it's an American petition.