Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dead huskies found in no other - Quebec

BenMax
April 15th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Teenagers found the bodies of 13 Husky dogs last weekend in a sandpit near the town of St. Michel des Saints.

The dogs, in piles of two or three, seemed to be all of the same breed. Some had their entrails hanging out, others were missing eyes.

The St. Michel area is home to one of Quebec's biggest dog sled races each winter.

"There are definitely more than a few dog owners in St. Michel des Saints," said Richard Beaulieu, a resident of the area. "And no one witnessed what exactly happened here. What's more this is public land, which means it's next to impossible to specifically target anyone in the deaths of these Huskies."

The SPCA suggests that it could have been someone in the sled dog racing industry who did not want to feed the dogs during the summer.

Beaulieu has heard rumours of other findings of dead dogs.

"I heard last year one of my neighbours found three," he told CTV Montreal. "They are sleigh dogs. For sure sleigh dogs, and they're not that old so they shouldn't have been killed like this."

:rip: Husky team. Sled free and fast.

14+kitties
April 15th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I heard that on the news the other night. Absolutely disgusting!

:candle: :rip: poor babies :candle: You can run free with no shackles now....

cpietra16
April 15th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Poor dogs..I can't even imagine the fear and confusion that crossed their minds before their death..why they needed to suffer this way:sad: or die :sad:...what a waste....:sad:they are better off where they are...away from humans....

clm
April 15th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Disgusting indeed. I hope they find whoever is responsible.

Cindy

Bailey_
April 15th, 2009, 01:33 PM
This makes me sick, enraged, and horrified. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?!!?!?!?

I don't even understand why a person would physically feel the NEED to hurt a living creature, and I hope these people are caught and ROT. :mad:

CClover
April 15th, 2009, 10:26 PM
:cry: This makes me sick in my stomach.

:rip:

Luvmypitgirls
April 18th, 2009, 03:20 AM
:cry::cry::cry:

I'm speechless...:sad:

RIP beautiful babies, I'm sorry your human was devoid of all and anything good. You deserved so much better.
Run free at the Bridge forevermore...

Mat&Murph
April 18th, 2009, 10:36 AM
OMG!!!!!! How Sick!!!! How awful!!! I can't even say what I really want to say!!! Poor Poor Babies!!!!!

RIP little ones!!!

chico2
April 18th, 2009, 05:27 PM
BenMax,ever since I've read and heard such horror-stories about sled-dogs,I cannot even watch any sled-races.
I don't like any sport where animals are involved,except for Agility-Trials,where the dogs are having fun.

I don't paint all sledders with the same brush,I would hope,the majority of owners love their dogs:fingerscr
Poor pups...

kitona
April 18th, 2009, 06:10 PM
My husband and I had sleddogs for about 17 years, purely recreational. I've seen and heard alot of horror tales in my time, drivers using whips, dogs left to starve etc.... but I've never heard of anything this bad. I do know that all races now-a-days have rather strict codes of conduct regarding cruelty and abuse at least during the races, and the bigger the race, the stricter the codes and the more eyes watching. Most of the push toward kindness codes has come from the mushing community itself. My husband almost came to blows with another fellow who was beating a dog at a race, lodged a complaint with the race committy and the next year rules were instituted to prevent recurances of that kind of behaviour. Mushing, like all dogsports continues to evolve toward a kinder, more enlightened level where excellence can be achieved without brutality. The person who did this horrendus deed should be strung up by the thumbs and left to rot.