Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How long to come out the other end?

Hindquarters
April 14th, 2009, 11:51 PM
An x-ray of my 9 month labrador shows she has a one-inch by 1/4 inch object inside her colon (it's the metallic tip of a male video connector cable like the ones used to connect a VCR to the TV).

She is pooping normally and has a healthy appetite & seems as healthy & playful as usual. It's been two days and tho I search her poop it's not coming out yet.

How long can it take to exit?:fingerscr

hazelrunpack
April 14th, 2009, 11:58 PM
I'd think it would be out by now...by tomorrow at the latest. Are you sure you didn't just miss it? Very often things like that are in the very center of the stool, so if you don't really break them apart, you might not see it. :o

Ah, yes...we have lots of these incidents here :laughing: Sigh.

Welcome to the board, Hindquarters. :D

Dracko
April 15th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Dear lord, thank goodness I've never had to search through Dracko's poops for anything!!!!

Good luck! :fingerscr

cell
April 15th, 2009, 12:46 AM
if its already in her colon it shouldn't be too long, maybe tomorrow, the more exercise = more movements

luckypenny
April 15th, 2009, 04:41 AM
Pictures??? Of your Lab, not the poop :D.

It should be any time now. As Hazel said, ya gotta make sure to disect the poops so as not to miss it.

Good luck, and welcome to pets.ca Hindquarters :).

SnowDancer
April 15th, 2009, 11:23 AM
With my dogs, it has usually taken 3 days. But if your pup should start to vomit, please take to vet immediately. In our worst case with stuff stuck we had to add a laxative type of stuff from the vet to his food - mixed with Wonder Bread, heaven help us - and this really helped to do the trick. We left him at vets during day while at work then brought him home at night so we could monitor if he started to vomit. And, yes, the search for the offending item gets icky - and of course if your dog likes to "help" clean up, you have to hope he doesn't get to the item first and then you start all over again.

Bailey_
April 15th, 2009, 01:42 PM
My friends GSD pup ate a DEAD MOUSE at the park a few weeks back. It was a mad panic trying to reach down his throat (poor guy) and pull it out, but to no avail. A quick trip to the vet and they were assured that their pup would pass the mouse in a day or two and should be fine. I'm sure you could expect the same, as the other posters have also said, probably in a couple of days.

(TMI : Eww, and apparently it was just a bunch of hair that came out. :yuck:) :laughing:

Jim Hall
April 15th, 2009, 02:10 PM
wel does that mean he is cable ready?

labs what are you gonna do i had one that would ingest anything

Kahne9Lover
April 15th, 2009, 02:55 PM
wel does that mean he is cable ready?

labs what are you gonna do i had one that would ingest anything

:laughing: Maya used to eat the little green army men my son used to play with. What killed me was that my son actually wanted me to clean them up so he could play with them again:yuck::yuck:double yuck. It usually takes about 3 days. Glad she grew out of that phase...