Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happy Gotcha Day Colby!

Kahne9Lover
April 14th, 2009, 10:06 PM
One year ago I finally convinced DH that Maya needed a "brother" THANK YOU PETFINDER! He was a skinny boy, but his eyes got me. HAPPY GOTCHA DAY COLBY!

His Petfinder Picture then, Colby now, and playing with sister Maya.

mollywog
April 14th, 2009, 10:08 PM
CONGRATS! And thanks for adopting :thumbs up isn't it amazing, the difference a year can make? I love seeing before and after pics!! :lovestruck:

Kahne9Lover
April 14th, 2009, 10:19 PM
He only weighed 49 lbs when we brought him home, he's now a chubby 75. I was amazed how quickly he took to us, he was Maya's best buddy within a day or two, and about a week at home, he quietly snuck onto the couch while I was napping, and fell asleep next to me. At that moment I knew I was his "mommy". He is such a cuddlebug. We were definately blessed.

14+kitties
April 14th, 2009, 10:32 PM
That does not even look like the same dog!! Good job. :highfive: Colby couldn't have asked for a better "fit"!
Happy Gotcha Day!!

Kahne9Lover
April 14th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I actually got my two babies to sit for a picture! (Maya's eyes are drippy right now, had to start eye drops yesterday, its allergy season again:yell:)

mollywog
April 14th, 2009, 11:01 PM
aww poor Maya, I can sympathize, I am an allergy sufferer myself! I love the way she's sitting, she looks so laid back! :laughing:

Kahne9Lover
April 14th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Now is the time to start bugging the hubby for a chocolate to round out the pack...:laughing: If only our house wasn't so small...I keep leaving "bookmarks" on his computer of choc labs on petfinder. I don't think he'll fall for it, he says our bed is too small for 3 labs, and he's not moving to the couch to sleep. I could always trade HIM in for a dwarf hubby :D

Etown_Chick
April 15th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Kahne9, congrats!
He's a lucky boy to have found his perfect home.

hazelrunpack
April 15th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Colby, you're such a handsome dude! :flirt:

happy gotcha day!!!

If only our house wasn't so small...I keep leaving "bookmarks" on his computer of choc labs on petfinder. I don't think he'll fall for it, he says our bed is too small for 3 labs, and he's not moving to the couch to sleep. I could always trade HIM in for a dwarf hubby :D

We have a small house and we've got 8. :o Just tell hubby that labs come in sets of 3 and without the chocolab, they'll feel incomplete. :D You'll just need to get a bigger bed! :laughing:

luckypenny
April 15th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Colby!!!

Both he and Maya are adorable :lovestruck:.

ancientgirl
April 15th, 2009, 09:25 AM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY COLBY!

Those pictures of him, from when you got him to now are like night and day. He was so thin and his coat dull, and now look at him! He's a handsome boy!

I hope Maya's eyes get better soon.:fingerscr

Sylvie
April 15th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Colby

What a handsome boy and his sister is a looker also. So glad you got him.:thumbs up Keep up the good work.

Miss Moe
April 16th, 2009, 10:59 AM
He only weighed 49 lbs when we brought him home, he's now a chubby 75. I was amazed how quickly he took to us, he was Maya's best buddy within a day or two, and about a week at home, he quietly snuck onto the couch while I was napping, and fell asleep next to me. At that moment I knew I was his "mommy". He is such a cuddlebug. We were definately blessed. Oh my gosh, it is amazing how quickly they learn what love is. Congradulations to you both! Colby looks so happy and obviously likes the camera :D