Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Honda unveils dog-friendly car

MommaKat
April 14th, 2009, 03:00 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSTRE53923920090410?feedType=nl&feedName=usoddlyenough

Okay I thought this was kinda cute :D Especially with Sammy the rescue dog in the pictures . I don't know if I would buy it, but it's nice that a car company is thinking about dogs in their vehicles . I take Maggie and Sparkie everywhere I can with me :cloud9: .

Jim Hall
April 14th, 2009, 03:06 PM
i saw it at the auto show its cute

BenMax
April 14th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Love it...and it will sell.:thumbs up

Stacer
April 14th, 2009, 03:32 PM
The Element is already a great car for dog owners, but the extras that they're adding sound good.

We decided a few months ago that the Element would be our next vehicle, so this is a bonus for sure.

Melinda
April 14th, 2009, 03:51 PM
we took brina with us when we went shopping for a new vehicle, we were downsizing from my toyota van and wanted something she'd be comfortable in and able to get in and out of with no problems and no chance of hitting her head, thats why we love our PT cruiser, the back seats come out like suitcases and she has the whole back to herself, a doggie bed fits in with lots of room to spare and there are clips on the floor for her seatbelt leash

MommaKat
April 14th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Neat guys , It's nice to hear folks :2cents: . I'll have to keep an eye out, Hubby and I will be going car shopping in November .

Scuba
April 14th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I don't know if this would constitute thread jacking or not, but since we are on the topic of dog transportation I thought I would post some of my dream modes of transport with a :dog:!

If anyone feels it is taking things off topic, tell me and I will edit my post.

Dee-O-Gee
April 14th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Scuba--that is way to kewl :lightbulb:

It's like a doggie segway :thumbs up

You should see if you can get advertisers to promote their businesses on the front scooter part :highfive:

MommaKat
April 15th, 2009, 12:22 AM
I don't know if this would constitute thread jacking or not, but since we are on the topic of dog transportation I thought I would post some of my dream modes of transport with a :dog:!

If anyone feels it is taking things off topic, tell me and I will edit my post.

Your not thread jacking :D I would love something like that zomg. I wonder how hard it would be to maneuver around other vehicles though. You have to get accustomed to the extra weight I suppose .

Scuba
April 15th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Scuba--that is way to kewl :lightbulb:

It's like a doggie segway :thumbs up

You should see if you can get advertisers to promote their businesses on the front scooter part :highfive:

Unfortunately these aren't my bicycles at the moment, these are just pictures I pulled off of the manufacturers' websites. The Nihola.com sign is the website of one of those bicycle companies. Both those bikes are made in Europe. To order them and get them shipped to Canada would probably cost about $5000CDN if not more considering how the Canadian dollar is doing against the Euro at the moment.

At soon as I get my dog, the next thing I am going to get is probably one of those cargo trikes though.:D

You can even get seat with seat belts for carry people around. Not to mention carry a lot of groceries and shopping when out buying stuff.

Scuba
April 15th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Your not thread jacking :D I would love something like that zomg. I wonder how hard it would be to maneuver around other vehicles though. You have to get accustomed to the extra weight I suppose .

That yellow boxed trike is actually very nimble, of the two designs I posted pictures of it is the one with independent turning front wheels from the box. Meaning when you steer, you only turn the front wheels, not the whole cargo box and load (if you happened to be carrying something). At a little extra cost you can also get a back wards pedaling gear on that bike. Something that a lot of bicycles can not do.

Here is a youtube link of the Nihola cargo bike in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww1r_Bxl7p8

Another video showing the Nihola trike: (Better representation of how it handles)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfia_TXAURU&feature=related

MommaKat
April 15th, 2009, 12:51 AM
It's very neat :D . $5000CDN (or more) is still probably cheaper than the Honda :p

ancientgirl
April 15th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I love those Elements. It's nice to see some of these companies are taking pet owners into consideration. Now we just need a cat friendly car.:D:cat: