Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What does your screen name mean?

Cactus Flower
August 7th, 2004, 11:49 PM
How did everyone come up with their screen name, and what is its meaning?

Some are obvious, but others are less obvious....GlassLass...Luba.....etc.

Do tell.

sammiec
August 8th, 2004, 09:26 AM
sammiec - my name is Samantha, and C is the first letter of my last name - BORING!!!

Luba - is her name!!!! (I like that name alot now that I met her!!)

glasslass
August 8th, 2004, 10:38 AM
I do stained glass - glass lass!

Cinnabear
August 8th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Gorgeous Glasslass. :) I was thinking more of a scottish theme.

For me there was some stock a long time ago with that name cinnabear and I always like it. I'm not in the stocks though wish I was. :D

Cactus Flower
August 8th, 2004, 12:47 PM
GlassLass that is beautiful!!!!!!!

I don't think Luba is her real name, but I'll let her speak for herself...

Cinnabear, what exactly was "Cinnabear"? Was it candy? A line of toys? I know you didn't buy stock in it, but do you remember what it was? I'm really curious now.

Sammiec, I always say your screen name as though it is one word lol "Sam-me-eck"

glasslass
August 8th, 2004, 01:31 PM
No celtic here! I work in a library - maybe a fondness for prose? :D

sammiec
August 8th, 2004, 02:17 PM
She said in another thread a WHILE back...

Luba is Luba ...means Love in slavic languages.
My heritage is about as mixed as a mutt that nobody can figure out!
From east to west and north to south! I've got it all in me!

I wasn't making it up!! :p ;)

chico2
August 8th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Well,mine is obvious,Chico is my black cat,named Chicory by my son because of his color,he was very dark brown when we got him(Chico that is,not my son :D )

Luba
August 8th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Hey smartie pants.....Luba DOES mean love in slavic languages!!

Big up to the smartie pants :D

:D

Cactus Flower
August 8th, 2004, 10:08 PM
So is Luba your real name?

Luba
August 8th, 2004, 10:09 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: I just don't know

lmfho

Cactus Flower
August 8th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Aha! Toldja it wasn't her real name! She'd admit it if it was.

At any rate, it suits you Luba. :D

Luba
August 8th, 2004, 10:20 PM
There's no 5th ammendment here in Canada but I'll borrow it from the U.S ;)

Yu're sweet CF!!

moontamara
August 9th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Glasslass (I'll stop calling you "Glassglass" starting today -- I guess I never read it that carefully...) I love that stained glass piece! My father was big into stained glass, and since he was colour blind, I often helped him coordinate the colours for a new piece, so I used to feel like it was partly my hobby too. (Funny choice of hobby for a colour blind man, but actually, he appreciated colour more than anyone I've ever known!) During the last few years, he was into making stepping stones -- have you ever tried that?

Moontamara is my Korean married name... not too original!

Iggette
August 9th, 2004, 06:05 AM
My boyfriend was nicknamed "IGGY" by his friends of many years not sure why!, so I assummed the female version IGGETTE I think he loves the idea but hasn't said so, the macho thing and all.....lol

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Sorry Cactus, guess I am gulable :o :( Luba likes to play games - at least we know that she's a woman --- or do WE??!?! :eek:

glasslass
August 9th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Actually, Moonie, I've always thought picking out the colors was the hardest part. Colored glass changes when the light comes through it depending on what color is next to it and size of the pieces of glass. You know what I'm talking about. That's also the only time I ever cut myself. I get careless sorting through the pieces of glass, never when I'm working on it. My hubby got an Xray screen that was being thrown out by the nursing department at the college. He fixed it and then mounted it under my workbench so I can pull it out and lay the small pieces on the lighted surface. It helps alot!

My granddad was color blind also.

glasslass
August 9th, 2004, 07:40 AM
I knew Luba was a gal - I've seen her undies! :eek:

Iggette
August 9th, 2004, 10:16 AM
And her sexy red bra :eek: lol

glasslass
August 9th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Cranberry, wasn't it? :D

Goldenmom
August 9th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Mine speaks for itself ;)

"MOM" of 3 Golden Girls and very proud of it.

Heather

Sneaky2006
August 9th, 2004, 01:48 PM
My favorite kittys name is Sneaky, I had to take it, and I had to add the number behind it because plain old Sneaky is ALWAYS taken where ever I go :(
I too thought GlassLass as being along the lines of Scottish.
And every time I read Sammiecs name it sounds like Sammy-yack in my head :) Sorry if I offended anyone :rolleyes:

Writing4Fun
August 9th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Well, I'm trying my hand at some freelance writing. Since I have yet to be paid for my work, for now I'm just "writing 4 fun"! :D I was going to use something with my motorcycle in it, but that usually raises a few eyebrows. ;)

Luba
August 9th, 2004, 01:54 PM
You nutcases! Show a little bra though a sheer top and this is what you get, you all google eyes!! Well I am female and INTACT lmfho! :eek:

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 02:03 PM
And every time I read Sammiecs name it sounds like Sammy-yack in my head :) Sorry if I offended anyone :rolleyes:

LMAO!! If it's not my dog that you guys are picking on it's me!!! sammie - c good thing I put what my screen name meant... don't want people calling me yack or eeks... LOL!! you guys are silly!

Iggette
August 10th, 2004, 05:48 AM
lol@Luba.............

Luba You nutcases! Show a little bra though a sheer top and this is what you get, you all google eyes!! Well I am female and INTACT lmfho!

Hope you were not offended...........just havin a little fun....lol

And a nice shirt it was as well :D If I could I would wear one just like it :cool:

glasslass
August 10th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Had a red one once, but not cranberry! :p

Luba
August 10th, 2004, 07:05 PM
HAHAHa I am NOT offended

and yes it is cranberry :p

melanie
August 11th, 2004, 12:55 AM
moontamara, i thought your name was tamara (i had a friend with this name) and that you had a thing for the moon, well i was a little off hey :D :D isnt it funny the names we pick, well melanie means black, i was named by a doctor at the hospital who had enough of mum and dad fighting ovwer my name so the staff named me themselves after taking a vote, dont think it would be legal these days though.. :D
and HEY i missed lubas bra, oh **** i miss all the good stuff :o

moontamara
August 11th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Melanie -- you were right about the Tamara part. That is my given name (and also my name here). Moon is my husband's family name. So basically I'm using my real, legal name but instead of in the Canadian order, in the Korean order. There. I've just outed myself and now everyone knows my real name -- Tamara Moon! It just doesn't sound real, so it makes a great handle! Writing 4 fun -- I'm in the same boat as you! Wouldn't it be nice to be "Writing 4 fun and $" though? Someday, right?!!!

Catt31
August 11th, 2004, 01:47 PM
See what I miss when I have a broken computer?????????? :mad:

Catt is a shortened version of an old "chat" nickname I had many years ago - "BadCattitude". It eventually got shortened to Bad, Bad Catt, then now its just Catt. Nothing overly fantastic but it works for me!!!

My real name is CHRIS, not Catherine or Katie or whatever forms that resemble "catt" (I get that a lot) ....Chris, short for Christine...plain, boring and simple!!! :rolleyes:

I MISS YOU GUYS!!! CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY COMPUTER BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

melanie
August 11th, 2004, 04:38 PM
catt, we have been missing you too, oh please get that computer back :D
tamara moon, you are so very lucky. they say there is alot in a name and a unique one often brings extra opertunities and luck, the opertunities come in the form of- eg you go for a job, your name will stand out of the pack and you have a very good chance there, i have surveyed resumes myself for a position and gave it to a person with star as a name, it stood out so much and i kept returning to it and she got the job, you are very lucky :D .
forgot to mention why i love chico and her name, do you have the lollies called chico babies?? they are chocolate jelly babies (little jelly lollies/sweets) and they are just so tasty, that is the first thing i thought of when i saw your name, oh yummy lollies they are my favourite and i could eat them by the bucket :D :D .

Spoiled
August 11th, 2004, 04:48 PM
My screen name is for my dog. I was going to make it "Spoiled Brat" but decided that was too long. Nop, just plain old "spoiled."

ozactie_squrix
August 14th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Mine is Ozzy, Jack, and Matilda combined and then Squint, Hurcules (really Hercules but I couldn't spell his name when I made it.. lol), and Felix combined!

EmmaJean
August 14th, 2004, 12:09 PM
I've actually been rather curious about your name. It's a different one.

Emma is the first name of one of my dogs, whose full name is EmmaLou.

Jean is the nickname of my cat, Louise. I call her, "Screamin' Jean"

wAggie
August 14th, 2004, 06:41 PM
wAggie --> i wanted to incorporate my name into some silly word. i think it worked :D

SSAC
August 18th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Nothing original...SSAC...Sam (me) Sheeba, Abbi, Chloe (my dogs). It's also the initials for something else that I know, but I didn't realise this until after many postings. (sorry can't say) :p

krdahmer
August 19th, 2004, 07:50 AM
OK...K is for Kelly (my given name)
R is for my maiden name
Dahmer is my husbands name

Windy is named Windy because we brought her home on a super windy day ( that and my dad says it's because she had killer gas when she was a kitten- she could clear a room!)

Smoke was part of a dynamic duo...Smoke and Ashes (from a song by 13 engines) Until Ashes passed, so now she is just Smoke! It was also because of their colouring.

Cordelia is named Cordelia because well I am a Tragically Hip nut! And it was the only thing that suited her...as I had already had Little Bones.

Eldorado is named Eldorado for the same reason!

Now you know the whole story...now I wanna know how they came up with Den-Den!! ;)

Writing4Fun
August 19th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Cordelia is named Cordelia because well I am a Tragically Hip nut!

Excellent! Another Hip fan! :cool: