Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Splashing into spring! (picture heavy)

Blackdog22
April 10th, 2009, 04:26 PM
The snow has finally melted around here, leaving our regular off leash running area covered in giant puddles. For some reason my dogs are water babies, they LOVE playing in water and will try to lay in the smallest of puddles....when they saw the 'mini ponds' left from the snow, their little eyes practically popped out of their heads:crazy: They were very very happy dogs to say the least.

We had so much fun today. The dogs were so happy, it felt really awesome watching them actually have a good time. I don't think they liked the -30 weather anymore than I did.

Sorry for the huge amount of pictures, I kind of went a bit nuts with the camera today.....

The first bunch of pictures are of my little Eva, she is wearing a bright orange bandana :lovestruck:

Blackdog22
April 10th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Here are a few more of Eva
(more to come...)

chico2
April 10th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Great pics,Eva is just beautiful and is having a great time:lovestruck:
:thumbs upfor spring and puddles:laughing:
I was expecting more pics,what happened:confused:

Blackdog22
April 10th, 2009, 04:39 PM
The rest of the pictures that I'm uploading are of Adicus.....my sweet little man:angel:

Blackdog22
April 10th, 2009, 04:43 PM
LoL I'm working on more....
I think we took a few hundred today....it's so hard to choose which ones to post!

Blackdog22
April 10th, 2009, 04:55 PM
More pics of Mr.Kisses...

Blackdog22
April 10th, 2009, 05:00 PM
And one more of each!
(Eva is laying down and Adi is the one flying through the air at mach chicken:loser:)

Lukka'sma
April 10th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Those are incredible looking doggies you have there. More pics please. I love them

hazelrunpack
April 10th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Gorgeous dogs!! And obviously having a ball!! Yes, definitely, we need more pics. :D

CearaQC
April 11th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Those are amazing pictures! How do you do it?

I'm envious. hehe

chico2
April 11th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Yes,they really are beautiful love all the pics:lovestruck:
Adicus is one handsome Mr Kisses,you must be very proud of them:dog:

TeriM
April 12th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Wonderful pictures of fun loving pups :cloud9:.

I must admit that I am beginning to develop a real thing for black shepards :lovestruck:.

JennieV
April 12th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Gorgeous doggies! :thumbs up

Chaser
April 12th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Wow....what a beautiful pair of pups!!! They're gorgeous, and look like they had a blast playng in the water! :cloud9:

Blackdog22
April 13th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks everyone!
I love them like crazy....and yeah, I am very proud of them. They are the perfect dogs for me. So sweet, goofy, active and fun....yet so responsive and alert. The love of a shepherd is like the love of no other, they really are special dogs.....for some people anyway :)

We took them out yesterday and the poor guys searched everywhere for the pond....it's already dried up. They are some saaaaad puppies now. What good is running in a field if you can't get covered in mud?

rainbow
April 14th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Your dogs are gorgeous :cloud9: ....are they brother and sister?

Blackdog22
April 14th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks Rainbow!

No they are not related in the slightest, same breed though :)
Eva is 4 years old (spayed of course) and Adi is about a year and a half. They are entirely different in everyway.....I think they balance eachother out quite nicely :highfive:

Here is a better picture of Adicus, I think he looks very wise in this picture...
In reality though, he was just watching my better half jump up and down with a toy :laughing:

BenMax
April 14th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Gorgeous pictures....one thing however comes to mind watching dogs playing in spring water....giardia....:yuck:

Please be careful.

Blackdog22
April 14th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Indeed BenMax!

Bailey_
April 14th, 2009, 02:51 PM
BEAUTIFUL dogs!!! :D

BenMax
April 14th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Indeed BenMax!

Thanks Blackdog22. 1 year ago I let one of my fosters have a hayday and it resulted in major major bloody diarrhea (and I was in a panic that it was the 'P' word) which resulted in a nice vet bill and an extra stay at my place before adoption.

Blackdog22
April 14th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Yeah beaver fever is a horrible thing. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
I get my dogs tested for it regularly, but of course that does nothing for prevention.
The dogs do not usually get to play in puddles, for obvious reason like you mentioned and also because it's pretty dry on our property. Everyonce in a while I let them indulge in a 'splash or two' when water is available they really love it and every so often, you have to live a little.

Usually in the summer season(when everything is dry as a bone) we take them to the lake for a cool down and a game of fetch about once a month. I guess with every pleasantry you will have some risks, though I'm not trying to justify it....

BenMax
April 14th, 2009, 03:33 PM
:thumbs upYeah beaver fever is a horrible thing. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
I get my dogs tested for it regularly, but of course that does nothing for prevention.
The dogs do not usually get to play in puddles, for obvious reason like you mentioned and also because it's pretty dry on our property. Everyonce in a while I let them indulge in a 'splash or two' when water is available they really love it and every so often, you have to live a little.

Usually in the summer season(when everything is dry as a bone) we take them to the lake for a cool down and a game of fetch about once a month. I guess with every pleasantry you will have some risks, though I'm not trying to justify it....

Sorry I did not want to take anything away from your beautiful pictures of your dog. And you are indeed right - live alittle. Your pup looks so very happy.:thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
April 22nd, 2009, 03:09 AM
What a gorgeous pair of pups :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

rainbow
April 22nd, 2009, 03:14 AM
he was just watching my better half jump up and down with a toy :laughing:

LOL .....we would have loved a pic of that too. :laughing:

angeldogs
April 22nd, 2009, 04:53 AM
Gorgeous happy pups.great pics also.

Miss Moe
April 23rd, 2009, 09:46 AM